By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Metacritic is a poor gauge of game quality see why

MARCUSDJACKSON said:

my bad

(sitts with egg on face

your version was much better. much more hilarious.

Around the Network
thelifatree said:
MARCUSDJACKSON said:

my bad

(sitts with egg on face

yea

that would be funny to see someone beatting a stick witha dead horse.
 or horse with a dead stick. its ass backwards so its funny right?

MARCUSDJACKSON said:
thelifatree said:
MARCUSDJACKSON said:

my bad

(sitts with egg on face

yea

Aren't all sticks dead, in the same way a severed limb would be dead? So the only dif would be the horse isn't dead

While I was out earlier, I checked out the new 360 game Hydrophobia on Metacritic.  One thing that stood out was one of my favorite sites (well they were when the old EGM--not this fake EGM we get nowadays--was still in publication) 1up gave the game something like a 58.  What!?  I played the demo last night and I planned to buy the game today.  They gave the game a C and Metacritic translated their score for them.  Now I don't know about you but where I live, a C means anywhere from a 75% to a 79% (and for clarity, a B is 80-84,a B is and 85-89, an A is 90-94, and an A is 95-100).  I don't think that such a low score is what 1up had in mind!

Now I'm getting the game anyway and in the end, the score is arbitrary but I don't think Meta should be in the business of converting scores like that.

theonewhoisme said:
MARCUSDJACKSON said:
thelifatree said:
MARCUSDJACKSON said:

my bad

(sitts with egg on face

yea

Aren't all sticks dead, in the same way a severed limb would be dead? So the only dif would be the horse isn't dead

i know, and thats wht makes it funnyor at the lease puts a smile on ur face.

Around the Network
d21lewis said:

While I was out earlier, I checked out the new 360 game Hydrophobia on Metacritic.  One thing that stood out was one of my favorite sites (well they were when the old EGM--not this fake EGM we get nowadays--was still in publication) 1up gave the game something like a 58.  What!?  I played the demo last night and I planned to buy the game today.  They gave the game a C and Metacritic translated their score for them.  Now I don't know about you but where I live, a C means anywhere from a 75% to a 79% (and for clarity, a B is 80-84,a B is and 85-89, an A is 90-94, and an A is 95-100).  I don't think that such a low score is what 1up had in mind!

Now I'm getting the game anyway and in the end, the score is arbitrary but I don't think Meta should be in the business of converting scores like that.

i agree. even the grading system! atlease thats how it was when i was in high school. Wet didn't seem that bad from the demo, have u played that?

reveiws are not to be trusted and can't be tusted like they where last gen. its time to star being skeptical of reveiws, get friends that have the same taste, and reveiw games yourselves. or trust this site! they never give a 10?

^^Played the Wet demo.  Graphics were a little rough, but that was all.  I haven't gotten Wet yet, 

d21lewis said:

so what's an A- B- and C- then ?

Barozi said:
d21lewis said:

What the heck is this?  Calculus?

d21lewis said:
Barozi said:
d21lewis said:

What the heck is this?  Calculus?