By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - EMAA UP! 360>PS3>WII

rutea7 said:

did you people actually think the bump came from people who were aware or waiting for move to come out. a bump on the 2nd week is only normal.

everywhere i go i see move and people trying it out on stores. parents have to yell at the kids to drop it cause they want to go home, seriously i witnessed that...

i actually didnt expect it to apeal this much to a casual audience since motion controls arent even a new thing but they seem quite drawn to it and people tend to croud around it.

still this ps3 bump was quite a surprise to me =)

well atleast it's sales went up... and it's good they did

mM
Around the Network
Buzzi said:

Am I the only one thinking the boost has more to do with F1 2010 than Move? If next week sales return under 60k I would say I'm probably right, so we'll see.

F1 2010 had bundle??? If no... the boost was from Move.

And Sports Champions up 10k too... so MOVE boost.

F1 boost for PS3. That will be basically 1st week only.

Move boost as well which will last longer. This is good for PS3, bad for Wii and no effect for 360.  Like I said before Move and Kinect are important for PS3 and 360 if hardware sales increase. The standalone peripheral sales for existing owners of PS3/360 are just bonus. Real measure of success is if baseline console sales change.  If they do this can only be negative for Wii sales.

FIFA 11 will not effect PS3 or 360 sales to much extent. Too many FIFA releases already to make any impact.

Its libraries that sell systems not a single game.

Just noted now Reach and Halo 3 sales was almost equal for second week (3k off).

I think the PS3 bump was more move than F1 especially considering F1 would have also caused a 360 boost. Sony under shipped move to EMEAA and it shows in the week 2 numbers. If Move makes it to 1 million by the holidays it will be a big success based on expectations. Kinect on the other hand needs to sell 3 million in under 2 months to meet MS expectations.  Thus right now Move will be a success and Kinect a failure despite Kinect outselling move.

Around the Network

Omg wii is in chaos O_o I seriously can't see it doing well in EU during the holidays. When is Wii party releasing there anyways?

billy.amick said:

I think the PS3 bump was more move than F1 especially considering F1 would have also caused a 360 boost. Sony under shipped move to EMEAA and it shows in the week 2 numbers. If Move makes it to 1 million by the holidays it will be a big success based on expectations. Kinect on the other hand needs to sell 3 million in under 2 months to meet MS expectations.  Thus right now Move will be a success and Kinect a failure despite Kinect outselling move.

Two things.  360 was natually coming down from Reach launch.  It could have possibly dropped lower if F1 hadnt released. 2nd sales of PS3 version  of F1 were higher than most PS3 games that also appear on 360 in UK so again the PS3 boost could have been higher compared to 360 version.

Its libraries that sell systems not a single game.

Ah, it's like the good ol Gamecube days all over again with the Wii sales.. That's ok, I prefer the underdog role anyway. But seriously, DKC and Vitality Sensor cannot get here soon enough.

Yeah I thought F1 2010 boosted PS3 rather than Move.

Buying in 2015: Captain toad: treasure tracker,

mario maker

new 3ds

yoshi woolly world

zelda U

majora's mask 3d

Metallicube said:

Ah, it's like the good ol Gamecube days all over again with the Wii sales.. That's ok, I prefer the underdog role anyway. But seriously, DKC and Vitality Sensor cannot get here soon enough.

Lol... well just dance 2 looks like the big game in EU this year. The only game that can make a difference there for Wii imo