By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendogs Blamed For Child Mauling

From IGN:

British tabloid the Daily Mail has highlighted the dangers of Nintendo's pet sim Nintendogs, following an animal attack on a 9-year-old girl.

Megan Walker was mauled by Saracen, a bull mastiff, while playing the game at a friend's house. The dog dragged Megan from the sofa and sank its teeth into the girl's face, removing her lip.

The Daily Mail attributes the attack to the sounds of barking emanating from Megan's DS "game station" during a bout of Nintendogs.

The girl's grandmother, Jean Taylor, told the paper, "I think this game should carry some kind of warning. People should be told not to play it when there are dogs in the room. I blame the game for what happened to Megan. If they hadn't been playing it I don't think the dog would have gone for her."

The Daily Mail concludes that the friend's mother was unavailable for comment, but "it is understood that she told police that Megan may have kicked Saracen and that is why he attacked her".

Doctors managed to re-attach Megan's lip following the attack and the dog was later destroyed.

Around the Network

lame people trying to make some money off their stupidity, I am sure the dog has "Never done something like this before" Nintendogs wouldn’t make a non-aggressive dog aggressive...

Albion - Its Fun as Ballz !!!!!

The Daily Mail is sensationalist and not considered serious news in this country.

Calling for a warning on the game is a laughable idea - how often will this exact situation happen? Maybe people shouldn't own dangerous dogs that are capable of doing this?

LOL? Yes, blame the videogame, not the stupid kid.

Above: still the best game of the year.

i hope nothing bad happens to the dog.  this little twat kicked it, so deserved what she got.

"I like my steaks how i like my women.  Bloody and all over my face"

"Its like sex, but with a winner!"

MrBubbles Review Threads: Bill Gates, Jak II, Kingdom Hearts II, The Strangers, Sly 2, Crackdown, Zohan, Quarantine, Klungo Sssavesss Teh World, MS@E3'08, WATCHMEN(movie), Shadow of the Colossus, The Saboteur

Around the Network

Wait... They blame Nintendo for this? Thats right, just blame the giant money factory. BTW, I dont think "destroy" is a good way to describe putting the dog down... Sounds a little intense...

Guitar Hero 3/ Smash Hits
MrBubbles said:

i hope nothing bad happens to the dog.  this little twat kicked it, so deserved what she got.

"Doctors managed to re-attach Megan's lip following the attack and the dog was later destroyed."

uhh...

edit** I dont think it is fair to say a 9 year old girl getting mauled 'got what she deserved'... that is a pretty horrible thing to say.

Check out my pyro tf2 vid :)

Bet With routsounmanman: By the end of Q1 2008 Capcom WONT have announced a RE5 Wii Edition OR a new RE (classic gameplay) for the Wii (WON)

__XBrawlX__ said:

Wait... They blame Nintendo for this? Thats right, just blame the giant money factory. BTW, I dont think "destroy" is a good way to describe putting the dog down... Sounds a little intense...

Haha. I'm surprised no one pointed this out until now. That part of the article stood out the most because it just shows how rubbish the article actually is.

My Grandma reads the daily mail (much to her children's disgust) and it has indoctrinated her into believing that immigrants and single mothers pose a threat to British society.  The ironic thing is, my Grandma is both a single mother and a 1st generation Indian immigrant.

It's daily mail, I give the chances of this story being real about 1%