By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - nintendo conference

Two things

1. No 2D Mario on the 3DS. Nintendo needs a 2D Mario. I'm not sure how well the 3DS will do, and it need a 2D Mario sooner then later
  2. Where is Pikmin 3 and Wii Relax?

Around the Network
Smashchu2 said:

Two things

• No 2D Mario on the 3DS. Nintendo needs a 2D Mario. I'm not sure how well the 3DS will do, and it need a 2D Mario sooner then later
  • Where is Pikmin 3 and Wii Relax?
  •  

I was going to ask the same question in regards to 2D Mario. It would be a bad move if Nintendo doesn't make a 2D Mario game for the 3DS, considering how well it helps sell their consoles/handhelds. 

Damn, SpotPass is like Communist Russia.

Fortunately I don't have Wifi in my house.

>He mentioned Australia SPECIFICALLY!!!!!!

“When we make some new announcement and if there is no positive initial reaction from the market, I try to think of it as a good sign because that can be interpreted as people reacting to something groundbreaking. ...if the employees were always minding themselves to do whatever the market is requiring at any moment, and if they were always focusing on something we can sell right now for the short term, it would be very limiting. We are trying to think outside the box.” - Satoru Iwata - This is why corporate multinationals will never truly understand, or risk doing, what Nintendo does.

I think NSMB3 will probably be a 2012 game.  2 years after launch seems good, and is how long it took to get it on DS.  3 years between sequels seems like a good pace too.

DixieKong said:
    Smashchu2 said:

Two things

• No 2D Mario on the 3DS. Nintendo needs a 2D Mario. I'm not sure how well the 3DS will do, and it need a 2D Mario sooner then later
  • Where is Pikmin 3 and Wii Relax?
  •  

I was going to ask the same question in regards to 2D Mario. It would be a bad move if Nintendo doesn't make a 2D Mario game for the 3DS, considering how well it helps sell their consoles/handhelds. 

Nintendo is afraid of milking 2D Mario. They'll probably wait another year and release it alongside the 3DS Lite. So far they seem to copy the pace of DS releases (Nintendogs, Animal Crossing and Mario Kart in the first year). Obviously the next Mario will have to improve upon the last one so I guess it's ok for them to wait another year with it. It is certainly coming, though. There is no way in hell they will abandon it considering its sales numbers.

But I would've liked to get one at launch, really...

Around the Network
    Games4Fun said:

awesome games kind of disappointed no 2D mario announcement though.

agree 2d mario would be such a blast

Kirby's Epic Yarn Japanese Overview Trailer. I need this game :D

And the 29 september Nintendo Krach !

Reuters said that 3DS was coming on 28 october (but it was a mistake, they mean the DSiXL 25th Mario Anniversary) and when Nintendo told that in fact 3DS wasn'st coming before February 2011 >>>

OMG :D