By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Devil May Cry - New Directions....

I hate that word Japanesey. That just sounds awful

Black Women Are The Most Beautiful Women On The Planet.

"In video game terms, RPGs are games that involve a form of separate battles taking place with a specialized battle system and the use of a system that increases your power through a form of points.

Sure, what you say is the definition, but the connotation of RPGs is what they are in video games." - dtewi

Around the Network

Dante's Always looked feminine.. imo, now he just has black hair and a short haircut. which I guess = twilight...

keep in mind, theonly devil may cry I loved was the first one. Not the biggest fan of the series.

now to be off topic... I hate the character designs of Ninja Gaiden more, but I like those games much more than the DMC series. Or GoW for that matter.  Style doesn't matter that much in these type of games for me :P

thelifatree said:

Dante's Always looked femine... imo, now he just has black hair and a short haircut. which I guess = twilight...

keep in mind, theonly devil may cry I loved was the first one. Not the biggest fan of the series.

now to be off topic... I hate the character designs of Ninja Gaiden more, but I like those games much more than the DMC series. Or GoW for that matter.  Style doesn't matter that much in these type of games for me :P

This is exactly what i wanted to touch on with this thread. DMC1 was the most successful in the series and imo the most fun. i think that the sales figures suggest that this is the case.

the problem i think was that the system is too complex - hear me out. do western gamers like having to remember many different combinations on the fly and then having to mix up many different combinations to get a high score, while at the same time not getting hit at all, and not using any healing items. personally i felt DMC4 required far too much patience to enjoy.

imo this is part of why DMC is a niche series, western gamers find it too time consuming and difficult to enjoy the gameplay, compared to something like Prince of Persia, God of War or even now Batman Arkham Asylum or Assassin's Creed, which are a lot more 'accessible' to the general gamer.

so this is why i think NT could do great things for the series, they will create something innovative that captures the essense of previous games action, but allows itself to be 'accessible' to western gamers. this is why i'm looking foward to see what they come up with.

miz1q2w3e said:

I think i'm starting to like the new Dante now after i got over the initial shock... kinda like Zelda:Skyward Sword's new style, it just wasn't what i was expecting, but now I like both

Looking at DMC4's Dante, I realise that I don't really like the way he looks after all and imo DMC3 Dante is better... and the more I see of the new Dante the more I like his design even better, he does seem a lot "darker" and more serious than the old one

description of old Dante i found: "very laid back and often indifferent. He seems to be frequently in debt and never seems able to pay someone back. His favorite food is pizza and he loves a strawberry sundae" - not exactly the darkest/coolest character personality, he sounds a bit silly here - - - the new Dante really seems to be genuinely "bad"

Yeah i know what you mean, theres a type of malelovance in his eyes in his face; i think his attitude will still be in the same vein as before, similar laid back attitude, just more serious and gritty. i dont have a problem with that.

the story in DMC has never really been that great imo, and you know i think that this is a great oppertunity for NT to blend the best elements from before, introduce new ones and tell a compelling story like God of War at the same time, this is exactly what i think the series needs.

i think it will be awesom!!

this was my faviourite Dante, new Dante is similar just without the hair and the clothes, not much difference imo.

ShadowSoldier said:

I hate that word Japanesey. That just sounds awful

What else can you call it, i suppose anime/ manga style??

Around the Network
Lyrikalstylez said:

I like the Dante in DMC4 better...... DMC and  the new reboot versions makes him look too feminine

(which is the reason for my dislike of japanese games)

lol, well you might be interested in the new one, he dosent look too Japanese imo, he reminds me of Decon Frost from Blade. and the direction wont be strictly Japanese, which is exactly why Capcom are taking a new direction - to bring newcomers like you into the fold!

from My perspective Dontes look in DMC and DMC 3 are the best. Because they captured the over the top Manga style that Donte is supposed to be the best. 

Japanese Pop Culture Otaku

A203D said:

this was my faviourite Dante, new Dante is similar just without the hair and the clothes, not much difference imo.

omg! this Dante's FACE looks SO MUCH like new Dante's face! (in the mugshot pic) - main difference is hair & he's not beaten up here

*Not mad anymore!!* :D - - -- looks like it's gonna be a great game after all :)

hikaruchan said:

from My perspective Dontes look in DMC and DMC 3 are the best. Because they captured the over the top Manga style that Donte is supposed to be the best. 

Yeah he was cool there, i'm sure you can still like that Dante, but at the same time finding something you like about new Dante.

miz1q2w3e said:
A203D said:

omg! this Dante's FACE looks SO MUCH like new Dante's face! (in the mugshot pic) - main difference is hair & he's not beaten up here

*Not mad anymore!!* :D - - -- looks like it's gonna be a great game after all :

Cool, i have faith that NT will do a great job!