By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Devil May Cry - New Directions....

thoughtspeak said:
 I actually could go on but I think that’s enough. That was the worst DMC trailer ever. It was however the best ninja theory trailer ever. Go figure. I will be not be buying this title, or even renting it. They had their chance to convince me and they have blew it.

Cut out the best part. 

All of this, of course, is just my opinion.

Skyrim 100%'d. Dark Souls 100%'d. 
Dark Souls > Skyrim.
Halo 4 is the best damn FPS since Halo 3.
Proud pre-orderer of 2 PS4's and an Xbox One. 

Currently Playing: Dark Souls II, South Park
Playstation 4: MGS V GZ, Killzone: Shadow Fall, NBA 2k14.

Around the Network

actually, I've found the perfect comparison to illustrate how bad this is. This douche is to Dante as Ultimate Deadpool is to the REAL Deadpool. And for those who don't know, Deadpool in Marvel's Ultimate universe is essentially a humorless, serious, gritty douchebag who has nothing to remind us of the lovable goofball merc we all know and love. And that's what Dante is supposed to be: he's the gaming equivalent of Deadpool. Hell, they're paired together in their MvC3 trailer. Makes me wonder of NT hates Deadpool comics as well

DMC is looking great.

And I really don't understand why people are hating on this game so much?

Can someone tell me.

Kennyheart said:

DMC is looking great.

Can someone tell me.

You obviously haven't been a long time fan like the others of us who are oh so depressed by this change. (sarcasm) lol

All of this, of course, is just my opinion.

Skyrim 100%'d. Dark Souls 100%'d. 
Dark Souls > Skyrim.
Halo 4 is the best damn FPS since Halo 3.
Proud pre-orderer of 2 PS4's and an Xbox One. 

Currently Playing: Dark Souls II, South Park
Playstation 4: MGS V GZ, Killzone: Shadow Fall, NBA 2k14.

PureDante said:
Kennyheart said:

DMC is looking great.

Can someone tell me.

You obviously haven't been a long time fan like the others of us who are oh so depressed by this change. (sarcasm) lol

I thought there was more than just the redesign of dante.

If people are complaining about that there just that's just stupid.

It's a REBOOT! Expect changes.

Around the Network

This is an ambitious project that I cannot help praise. But all the same, my dislike for this new androgynous Dante is up there with my hate for Snow-the-pedophile.

Once upon a time, heroes in Japan use to be like him:

Whatever happened to them?

mibuokami said:

This is an ambitious project that I cannot help praise. But at the same, my dislike for this new androgynous Dante is up there with my hate for Snow-the-pedophile.

Hahaha. tbh Snow is pretty much like the buch guy in your picture. only Snow wears a trenchcoat and a hat. (but i think the hat was designed so they didnt have to spend like 6 months rendering his hair). and i think that romance may be dead with what we've seen from FF13-2, seems like theres a new man for Serah - someone who acually looks her age.

Kennyheart said:
PureDante said:
Kennyheart said:

DMC is looking great.

Can someone tell me.

I thought there was more than just the redesign of dante.

If people are complaining about that there just that's just stupid.

It's a REBOOT! Expect changes.

I'm not quite sure the fans are even aware that DMC2 and DMC4 underwent dramatic changes. in fact Hideki Kamiya who developed DMC1 never worked on any of the other games - which is why those games felt dfferent.

DMC2 was a completely different game from DMC1 and featured a change in Dantes characterisation. the game was actully very poorly recieved compared to DMC1. the gameplay felt a lot different and personally i thought it wasnt that good of a game.

DMC4 featured another change to Dante - if people look at pg 1 of this thread i've done a comparative analysis of Dante from DMC1 and DMC4. and its as clear as day that Capcom westernised him to the point he was completely different. he dosent even look like Dante. yet fans seem to be ignorant of the fact that its a different character because its still made by Capcom.

i didnt play DMC4 past a certain point because for me it wasnt fun. so i cant comment on any gameplay changes that were made, but fans are complaining about the changes made by Ninja Theory, yet are completely ignorant of the changes that were made before. heck Dante wasnt even the main character of DMC4, yet this somehow will end up being Ninja Theory's fault as well.

A203D said:
mibuokami said:

This is an ambitious project that I cannot help praise. But at the same, my dislike for this new androgynous Dante is up there with my hate for Snow-the-pedophile.

Hahaha. tbh Snow is pretty much like the buch guy in your picture. only Snow wears a trenchcoat and a hat. (but i think the hat was designed so they didnt have to spend like 6 months rendering his hair). and i think that romance may be dead with what we've seen from FF13-2, seems like theres a new man for Serah - someone who acually looks her age.

Kenshiro is NOTHING like Snow! That you even dare mention those two have similarity must be a crime up there with crime against humanity.

This is Snow-the-pedofail:

AND THIS IS KENSHIRO MUTHA-FUUUUUU:

is this supposed to be the new BADASS Dante? ROFL.