By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Americas Pre-Order Chart(25th Sep 2010)

sony should really start some GT5 advertisement. And they should get some bundles out. 

ǝןdɯıs ʇı dǝǝʞ oʇ ǝʞıן ı ʍouʞ noʎ 

Ask me about being an elitist jerk

Time for hype

Around the Network
leatherhat said:

sony should really start some GT5 advertisement. And they should get some bundles out. 

THIS.

Look @ japan, they released a crappy ads for GT and it still increased the pre-order by a great amount!

I'm not convinced MoH will sell better on PS3 WW.  How many shooters does Japan usually buy?  It's not a stronghold that's for sure and EMEAA has been showing some signs of weakness in overall SW sales lately.  The holidays aren't as big as in the Americas and walk-ins on this side of the pond will favour 360 because of the extra 10m users.    Whether I like it or not it's still the 'shooterbox'.  It'll be close and worth watching.

Now AC:B on the other hand....  The franchise went from a 1.1m lead for 360 on AC1 to a slim 200k lead at the 4m mark on AC2.  POs are neck and neck.  If it reviews as well as I expect this title could hit 5m on PS3 with the 360 version in pursuit position for a change.  A nice feather in Sony's cap and a powerhouse for Ubi.  Just Dance 2 won't hurt their bottom line either.

PS3 didn't exist when DR1 rolled out but the sequel is making a showing.  Maybe 100k in the US on PS3 and around 300k on 360 I hope.  WW I won't even guess.  There are a lot of Zombie games now but this franchise is a classic.  I have no excuse or idea why Fallout is still showing the 2:1 ratio.  If it weren't for the relative weakness on PS3 it would be competing with MoH in the land of the shootists right now.  Just 4 wks till my virtual Vegas vacation.

Kirby, DK missing :( Sonic colors too. Really sad to see this :( 

At east GT5 is steadily rising! that makes me feel good somewhat considering how much it had going against it(racing game in NA, many delays). Epic mickey put a smile on my face at least :)

kopstudent89 said:

Kirby, DK missing :( Sonic colors too. Really sad to see this :( 

Don't worry too much, neither me nor my friends preorder games, at least there is something special to gain (a discount, a free soundtrack) and I think that behavior its generalized with the wii owners.

Around the Network
kowenicki said:
Ping_ii said:
ArcticGabe said:
zgamer5 said:
Seece said:
Cross-X said:
DirtyP2002 said:

GO Fable!!!

Hmmm I see... Does it make you happy that an established RPG franchise is completely thrashing a new IP RPG game on both platforms in the preorders?

How about compare how well Fable III is doing compared to Fable II. That'll be much more sensible and relevant.

There is no Fable II data so do the math. He's comparing it to highest selling WRPG we have data for.

fable 3 should be compared to me2.

ME2 got 208,624 pre-orders 5 weeks b4 launch.

Fable 3 is going to be huge, 1.5 million first week is possible.

I would lol if Fable 3 beat GT5 in the launch week...

can I lol to you if GT5 sells more than fable 3 launch week sales?

doubt it, because thats expected...

i'll play with that joke a little bit..

i say that GT5 will sell more in EU than Fable 3 WW. Yep, i went there.

I'm Back! - Proud owner of the best doomed handheld of all time!

iWarMachine said:
kowenicki said:
Ping_ii said:

Again, be a failure if it didn't. Halo Reach managed a solid 950k there week one, that's the range Fable III will be in WW, GT5 should do 1.3 million Europe plus first week.

kowenicki said:

again.... expected.

more in US than Fable WW? (?) :P i'm joking with that one, but imo, Fable 3 will do around the 1.5M mark WW... that's GT5's FW in Europe IMO. probably, the FW for GT5 will be around the 2.5-3M mark.

I'm Back! - Proud owner of the best doomed handheld of all time!

Seece said:
iWarMachine said:
kowenicki said:
Ping_ii said:

Again, be a failure if it didn't. Halo Reach managed a solid 950k there week one, that's the range Fable III will be in WW, GT5 should do 1.3 million Europe plus first week.

Actually, Fable II got past a million week one IIRC....imo, it'll sell like (if not better than) God of War III, only with the advantage of being released in the holidays.

iWarMachine said:
kowenicki said:

again.... expected.

more in US than Fable WW? (?) :P i'm joking with that one, but imo, Fable 3 will do around the 1.5M mark WW... that's GT5's FW in Europe IMO. probably, the FW for GT5 will be around the 2.5-3M mark.

stop having high expectations!!!

Being in 3rd place never felt so good