By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Quick Reference HW Charts, Sep - Dec 08/09/10

I just realized my prediction that PS3 would only lose 100k YOY in October was right. In fact I actually high-balled it. It only lost 76k. Most people were predicting it would lose almost 1 million in September alone.

Proudest Platinums:
1. Gran Turismo 5
2. Persona 4 Arena
3. Wipeout HD
4. Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2
5. Super Street Fighter 4

Around the Network
postofficebuddy said:

I just realized my prediction that PS3 would only lose 100k YOY in October was right. In fact I actually high-balled it. It only lost 76k. Most people were predicting it would lose almost 1 million in September alone.

They were right at the time given the info we had, unless you predicted the massive adjustments then it was shoddy predicting on your part.

Seece said:
postofficebuddy said:

They were right at the time given the info we had, unless you predicted the massive adjustments then it was shoddy predicting on your part.

I am very surprised the PS3 is pushing these numbers purly on the quality of the system and Move. I did not think Move would be much of a deal at all.

What is with all the hate? Don't read GamrReview Articles. Contact me to ADD games to the Database
Vote for the March Most Wanted / February Results

Updated!

So by judging this, Wii can do a few more weeks doing over 1M, maybe about 1.2M every week till christmas day.

Buying in 2015: Captain toad: treasure tracker,

mario maker

new 3ds

yoshi woolly world

zelda U

majora's mask 3d

Around the Network
Nintendogamer said:

So by judging this, Wii can do a few more weeks doing over 1M, maybe about 1.2M every week till christmas day.

Won't be 1 mill next week.

Top initial post.

So basically PS3 is a million down YoY. So if their shipment data is the same or bigger than last year for the same quarter, fair to assume something fishy is going on?

RAZurrection said:

Top initial post.

So basically PS3 is a million down YoY. So if their shipment data is the same or bigger than last year for the same quarter, fair to assume something fishy is going on?

Ugh no .. it's not that cut and dry.

Thanks for messaging me Seece, but you don't have too. I'll notice when someone comments on this thread.

I am amazing at how Wii sales have grown up to levels close to prior installments, and that PS3 and 360 sales will be very close in the 4 months this data covers. PS3 will have benefited from the small lead in Sept/Oct, and MS will benefit from the Nov and probably future Dec lead.

Very interesting fall this year.

What is with all the hate? Don't read GamrReview Articles. Contact me to ADD games to the Database

Seece said:
Nintendogamer said:

Won't be 1 mill next week.

But it was, barely.. :P