By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Bungie calling out numbers for Halo Reach, saying they are WAY off.

like I said you guys do realize this includes single player campaign play correct?

This isn't just people playing online competitive multiplayer.

Around the Network

BTW

I have just the list but I also wanted to share an interesting data point: (that has been double checked) Halo: Reach was the number one game on Xbox LIVE for the past seven days and had nearly four times as many unique users playing the game on Xbox LIVE vs. Halo 3 for the week of Sept. 13.

http://majornelson.com/

This just a response to live activity from last week in which major nelson made an error.

this last weeks top played games

Xbox 360 Top LIVE Titles (based on UU’s)

1 Modern Warfare 2 
2 Halo: Reach
3 Halo 3
4 Call of Duty: WaW
5 FIFA Soccer 11 Dem
6 FIFA 10
7 Call of Duty 4 (Purchase the full game for direct download)
8 Madden NFL 11
9 GTA IV (Purchase the full game for direct download)
10 Battlefield Bad Co. 2
11 Gears of War 2
12 Red Dead Redemption
13 Halo 3: ODST
14 Forza Motorsport 3 (Download the demo)
15 Left 4 Dead 2
16 NBA 2K11 Demo
17 NHL 11
18 NCAA Football 11
19 Pro Evolution Soccer 2011 Demo
20 Madden NFL 10

Halo Reach is not numero uno.

Next Gen 

11/20/09 04:25 makingmusic476 Warning Other (Your avatar is borderline NSFW. Please keep it for as long as possible.)

Online users is nothing for sales comparison... could be more users waiting the weekend for play Halo 3 than Halo: Reach.

And the comparison is a mistake from Major Nelson.

BenVTrigger said:

like I said you guys do realize this includes single player campaign play correct?

but they have to be online to be tallied, if more people are online now than when Halo 3 launched it makes the numbers incomparible. 

psrock said:

I don't think developers should even bother doing single player mode for FPS on the 360 anymore.

But almost 3/4 of the entire reason I love Halo is because of the single player.

What the eff. :(

Around the Network
psrock said:

BTW

I have just the list but I also wanted to share an interesting data point: (that has been double checked) Halo: Reach was the number one game on Xbox LIVE for the past seven days and had nearly four times as many unique users playing the game on Xbox LIVE vs. Halo 3 for the week of Sept. 13.

http://majornelson.com/

This just a response to live activity from last week in which major nelson made an error.

this last weeks top played games

Xbox 360 Top LIVE Titles (based on UU’s)

1 Modern Warfare 2 
2 Halo: Reach
3 Halo 3
4 Call of Duty: WaW
5 FIFA Soccer 11 Dem
6 FIFA 10
7 Call of Duty 4 (Purchase the full game for direct download)
8 Madden NFL 11
9 GTA IV (Purchase the full game for direct download)
10 Battlefield Bad Co. 2
11 Gears of War 2
12 Red Dead Redemption
13 Halo 3: ODST
14 Forza Motorsport 3 (Download the demo)
15 Left 4 Dead 2
16 NBA 2K11 Demo
17 NHL 11
18 NCAA Football 11
19 Pro Evolution Soccer 2011 Demo
20 Madden NFL 10

Halo Reach is not numero uno.

How about scrolling down bottom of the  page next time

{Major} Now remember, REACH was only out for a portion of this reporting period. Let's see what happens next week

Torillian said:
BenVTrigger said:

but they have to be online to be tallied, if more people are online now than when Halo 3 launched it makes the numbers incomparible. 

The difference is I'm not calling out the numbers Bungie is.

wfz said:
psrock said:

I don't think developers should even bother doing single player mode for FPS on the 360 anymore.

But almost 3/4 of the entire reason I love Halo is because of the single player.

What the eff. :(

It just mean the 1/4 is simply bigger, 400% bigger.

Next Gen 

11/20/09 04:25 makingmusic476 Warning Other (Your avatar is borderline NSFW. Please keep it for as long as possible.)
BenVTrigger said:
Torillian said:
BenVTrigger said:

The difference is I'm not calling out the numbers Bungie is.

"While we’re not privy to the methodologies and data used to compile the Xbox LIVE Activity reports published to Major Nelson’s blog this morning, we do know that last week’s numbers were well off the mark due to what’s now being called a “manual reporting error.” "

they're calling into question the XBL activity reports in Major Nelson's blog, not the sales numbers.  so in essence, no they aren't, so you must be.

Nsanity said:

how about scrolling down bottom of the  page next time

{Major} Now remember, REACH was only out for a portion of this reporting period. Let's see what happens next week

The numbers are tallied from the 13th, reach came out on the 14th right. So, that one day made such a difference.

Next Gen