By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Website Topics - Who thinks we should remove bundled games from the software game charts?

I'm getting tired of seeing Wii sports, forza, and marvel on the top of the list. We all know how these are selling just by looking at the hardware numbers. I think it’s also misleading to people who don't know much about video games. If a newbie came to this site with little knowledge about this industry, and saw the top games, he would get a distorted view and think these were amazing games with great legs. Isn't there some better way to do this? Maybe add an asterisk next to the bundled titles or make a different section for them. I don't know. I really do believe SMG and ME should be # 1 and #2. What do you guys and girls think? Maybe I just had to much coffee this morning and I'm way off in left field.

Around the Network

Did not know forza was bundled.

So the sales should be ZERO when people actually have the game?

Kimi wa ne tashika ni ano toki watashi no soba ni ita

Itsudatte itsudatte itsudatte

Sugu yoko de waratteita

Nakushitemo torimodosu kimi wo

I will never leave you

This has been discussed before, and it's not going to be removed.

/thread

It's not like they're that much in the way.
I think we should keep them.

Around the Network

But its sales numbers. Nintendo isn't making 30 or 40 dollars off wii sports. Its distorted

There is no WE here, people.

This is ioi's site.

ioi has stated on several occasions that the bundled games will not be changed. This is not a question of being a fanboy or trying to inflate a certain game's numbers.

It is about consistency.

Sometimes I think ioi needs to make a FAQ.

Too difficult to decide what you do and do not include.

Wii sports would be an obvious one not to include but in Japan it's not packed in so should only Japan's sales of Wii sports count?

Is Wii play bought only for the remote and would it sell worse, as well or better if it was only $10 for the game?

Argos were doing an Xbox 360 with Halo 3 and PES08 so does that mean we don't include those games because the buyer had no choice but to have them?

You'll never please everyone so I guess it's best to include any game that has been taken away as part of any legitimate purchase.

Argos is not Microsoft. They have to pay for halo 3 to add it in their promotion. So I think that would be legitmate

Yeah, but that still implies that no one wants Wiisports. Hell, 90% of the argument against the Wii anymore is "People are only buying it to play wiisports!!1!"

I don't believe that argument, but I also don't believe Wii would be half as popular if it hadn't launched with Wiisports packed in. People ARE buying it because they like Wii sports. It is helping to push the sales of the console far more than teh console is pushing the sales of the game.

So no, numbers for packed in games STAY.

Seppukuties is like LBP Lite, on crack. Play it already!

Currently wrapped up in: Half Life, Portal, and User Created Source Mods
Games I want: (Wii)Mario Kart, Okami, Bully, Conduit,  No More Heroes 2 (GC) Eternal Darkness, Killer7, (PS2) Ico, God of War1&2, Legacy of Kain: SR2&Defiance

My Prediction: Wii will be achieve 48% market share by the end of 2008, and will achieve 50% by the end of june of 09. Prediction Failed.

<- Click to see more of her