Around the Network
LordTheNightKnight said:
Jordahn said:
LordTheNightKnight said:
Jordahn said:
Notorius.A.i.G said:
Jordahn said:
Notorius.A.i.G said:

It seems like Move caused a slight bump in NA. I was expecting higher numbers for Reach but 4 Million Week One WW is still impressive.

So why was "everyone" saying Move did nothing for the PS3?

I think they meant that Move didn't do as well as expected. Or didn't move as much PS3's as expected. Something along those lines.

Well, that might be true for whatever reason.  Now, I cannot recall last week's NA numbers, but I'm under the impression that this week's numbers is slightly higher for the PS3.  if this is the case, at the very least the PS3 is holding its own when the 360 is enjoying a very successful week with Halo reach.
Maybe PS3 numbers would be way lower if Move was not launched late last week?  Don't really know.  But if nothing else, congrats to the continual success of the Halo franchise, and congrats to the PS3 for holding it's ground and then some.

The numbers have the rise or drop in parentheses, and it's a rise of about 14%. So it rose, but not a really considerable number considering typical big release spikes.

Typical big release spikes such as..............

Well Halo Reach, for one, also the slim system releases, New Super Mario on both DS and Wii, GTA IV, just to name a few.

Sorry.  I thought you were referring to a big release on the PS3.

Hackers are poor nerds who don't wash.

Makaha said:

ha ha !!!

so ioi was right when he predicted Halo Reach would only boost 360 hardware sales by about 100k WorldWide!!  (Japan will add nothing, and we already have Europe/others numbers)

in your face to whoever doesn't believe ioi's predictions!!

he created this website, so he knows better than anyone else.....

And another thing, most of that extra 100 k were LE Halo Reach bundles!!

whoever was predicting 400k-500k WW hardware sales for 360 because of Halo Reach was just plain dumb

same thing with GT5

it won't push as much hardware as people think, this is already too late in the generation, use your head people!!

It added like a couple thousand, that's not nothing! :P

Jordahn said:
LordTheNightKnight said:
Jordahn said:
LordTheNightKnight said:
Jordahn said:
Notorius.A.i.G said:
Jordahn said:
Notorius.A.i.G said:

It seems like Move caused a slight bump in NA. I was expecting higher numbers for Reach but 4 Million Week One WW is still impressive.

So why was "everyone" saying Move did nothing for the PS3?

I think they meant that Move didn't do as well as expected. Or didn't move as much PS3's as expected. Something along those lines.

Well, that might be true for whatever reason.  Now, I cannot recall last week's NA numbers, but I'm under the impression that this week's numbers is slightly higher for the PS3.  if this is the case, at the very least the PS3 is holding its own when the 360 is enjoying a very successful week with Halo reach.
Maybe PS3 numbers would be way lower if Move was not launched late last week?  Don't really know.  But if nothing else, congrats to the continual success of the Halo franchise, and congrats to the PS3 for holding it's ground and then some.

The numbers have the rise or drop in parentheses, and it's a rise of about 14%. So it rose, but not a really considerable number considering typical big release spikes.

Typical big release spikes such as..............

Well Halo Reach, for one, also the slim system releases, New Super Mario on both DS and Wii, GTA IV, just to name a few.

Sorry.  I thought you were referring to a big release on the PS3.

Well even that system gets a one week spike from big games, particularly in Japan.

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs

Mr.Metralha said:

And so 360 is seeing its probable last bigHW boost.

I'm curious how things are going to shape from now on, but in about a month or even less wii will be back on top for a while, and then GT5 will arrive to the party...

The launch week of kinect will be much bigger for the 360, esp. in North America.

Around the Network

Man the wii is doin so bad!

CGI-Quality said:
snfr said:
Jadedx said:
snfr said:

I'm just curious now, how much do you expect it to sell?

7-8 Million lifetime, more depending on how long Sony bundles the game(They love to bundle.)

Ah, ok, that's actually a solid prediction. But even with "only" 7-8 million lifetime it would be the best selling PS3 exclusive. I wouldn't be unhappy about that.

I actually think it's a bit low. Remember, Prologue is sitting at 5 mill (including downloads). 8-9 mill sounds more realistic for GT5, although 10 mill is my prediction.

I also think that it is a bit low. But it wouldn't be disappointing if it only sells 7-8 million IMO. I predicted that it will sell 11.2 million LTD, which I think is definitely possible.

2012 - Top 3 [so far]

#1                                       #2                                      #3

Yeah I guess I am slightly dissapointed in Reach sales. MW2 did 5 million in It's first week (on the 360) and it was a multiplatform title. I think this pretty much confirms that Call of Duty (specifcially Modern Warfare) is a bigger title which is crazy considering not too long ago Halo 3 was doing better then the first Modern Warfare (11 million, the first MW is at 8.43 million) but thats how things roll.

I think the *REAL* question is how will Black Ops do? MS/Bungie claims Halo Reach will outperform Black Ops, but even on the 360 I think Black Ops has a solid chance at outselling Reach just with November and December.

Either way if you own a 360 your a winner when it comes to shooters: You get Halo Reach and Gears of War 3 in March, which are only on the 360 as well as the maps slightly earlier on the 360 for Black Ops.

It's just that simple.

Reach is undertracked.

Makaha said:

ha ha !!!

so ioi was right when he predicted Halo Reach would only boost 360 hardware sales by about 100k WorldWide!!  (Japan will add nothing, and we already have Europe/others numbers)

in your face to whoever doesn't believe ioi's predictions!!

he created this website, so he knows better than anyone else.....

And another thing, most of that extra 100 k were LE Halo Reach bundles!!

whoever was predicting 400k-500k WW hardware sales for 360 because of Halo Reach was just plain dumb

same thing with GT5

it won't push as much hardware as people think, this is already too late in the generation, use your head people!!

Don't think I've ever seen anyone expect 500k HW for Reach week 0_o, maybe you're getting confused with my Septemer NPD thread, where he expects 550k for the month.