By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Reach was great 4 million is a ton for any game but couldn't a quarter of you find it in your hearts to buy something like Alan Wake or Mass Effect 2 I mean seriously oh well in a few weeks you will once again pass on those great games and spend all your money on Yet Another Call of Duty. Oh well it is your money but just know all you genre racists out there life is more than FPS. 

Around the Network

halo blasted out of the blocks,

microsoft seem to be upsetting the balance and causing meltdowns,

looking forward to the hols,

Above & Beyond

cmeese47 said:

Reach was great 4 million is a ton for any game but couldn't a quarter of you find it in your hearts to buy something like Alan Wake or Mass Effect 2 I mean seriously oh well in a few weeks you will once again pass on those great games and spend all your money on Yet Another Call of Duty. Oh well it is your money but just know all you genre racists out there life is more than FPS. 

I'm your Alan Wake man here.  Great that Halo Reach is doing so well as I've said before, but this is the curse of the masses.  Not saying that Reach doesn't appeal to hardcore gamers because it does as well. But the casuals are more familiar with a shooter action sci-fi game than a psychological adventure thriller.  Personally, I'm not a sci-fi fan, I prefer TPS over FPS, and I'm not much into online play so Reach is not the game for me.  But if you ONLY have a 360 and haven't played games like Alan Wake or Lost Odyssey, go expand your gaming tastes.

Hackers are poor nerds who don't wash.

D-Joe said:
ethomaz said:

Halo: Reach fist week sales is worse than Halo 3 (5 days vs 4 days)... this a fact.

But near 4M is fantastic anyway.

09/25/07 is tuesday

In US... in EU is wednesday (09/26/07).

Halo: Reach
NA: 3,006,170 in 5 days = 601,234 per day
EMEAA: 952,085 in 5 days = 190,417 per day
JP: 44,413 (MC) in 5 days = 8,882 per day

Halo 3
NA: 2,844,837 in 5 days = 568,967 per day
EMEAA: 908,192 in 4 days = 227,048 per day
JP: 62,415 in 4 days = 15,603 per day

I know the fist day sales was always bigger but Halo: Reach had one day more in EMEAA and Japan.

One day more in EMEAA and Japan could make a difference? I don't know... 187,224 in these days is harder but not impossible.

CGI-Quality said:
cmeese47 said:

Hey now, I bought them all!

Then your off the hook, but I know way to many people whose gaming collection is just shooters and sports. Plus based off of week one sales for Reach vs LTD for Alan Wake and Mass Effect 2 your in the minority.

Around the Network
Jordahn said:
Notorius.A.i.G said:
Jordahn said:
Notorius.A.i.G said:

It seems like Move caused a slight bump in NA. I was expecting higher numbers for Reach but 4 Million Week One WW is still impressive.

So why was "everyone" saying Move did nothing for the PS3?

I think they meant that Move didn't do as well as expected. Or didn't move as much PS3's as expected. Something along those lines.

Well, that might be true for whatever reason.  Now, I cannot recall last week's NA numbers, but I'm under the impression that this week's numbers is slightly higher for the PS3.  if this is the case, at the very least the PS3 is holding its own when the 360 is enjoying a very successful week with Halo reach.
Maybe PS3 numbers would be way lower if Move was not launched late last week?  Don't really know.  But if nothing else, congrats to the continual success of the Halo franchise, and congrats to the PS3 for holding it's ground and then some.

The numbers have the rise or drop in parentheses, and it's a rise of about 14%. So it rose, but not a really considerable number considering typical big release spikes.

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs

LordTheNightKnight said:
Jordahn said:
Notorius.A.i.G said:
Jordahn said:
Notorius.A.i.G said:

It seems like Move caused a slight bump in NA. I was expecting higher numbers for Reach but 4 Million Week One WW is still impressive.

I think they meant that Move didn't do as well as expected. Or didn't move as much PS3's as expected. Something along those lines.

Well, that might be true for whatever reason.  Now, I cannot recall last week's NA numbers, but I'm under the impression that this week's numbers is slightly higher for the PS3.  if this is the case, at the very least the PS3 is holding its own when the 360 is enjoying a very successful week with Halo reach.
Maybe PS3 numbers would be way lower if Move was not launched late last week?  Don't really know.  But if nothing else, congrats to the continual success of the Halo franchise, and congrats to the PS3 for holding it's ground and then some.

The numbers have the rise or drop in parentheses, and it's a rise of about 14%. So it rose, but not a really considerable number considering typical big release spikes.

Typical big release spikes such as..............

Hackers are poor nerds who don't wash.

Jordahn said:
LordTheNightKnight said:
Jordahn said:
Notorius.A.i.G said:
Jordahn said:
Notorius.A.i.G said:

Typical big release spikes such as..............

Well Halo Reach, for one, also the slim system releases, New Super Mario on both DS and Wii, GTA IV, just to name a few.

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs

Move was hardly stocked in any stores I went to over the weekend...tried 5....so I think we could see higher sales week 2 than week 1, honestly, especially since most people thought it was releasing on Sunday the 19th, some retailers just happened to get it in early so they changed the date last minute...But yeah, I'm happy with mine, honestly.  That's all that matters to me, not so much how many Other people have it...because I know that me and my family will have fun with it more than its worth in cash.

Just waiting for that PS Vita to come out so I can play some full featured games on the go with that beautiful screen and control scheme...

ha ha !!!

so ioi was right when he predicted Halo Reach would only boost 360 hardware sales by about 100k WorldWide!!  (Japan will add nothing, and we already have Europe/others numbers)

in your face to whoever doesn't believe ioi's predictions!!

he created this website, so he knows better than anyone else.....

And another thing, most of that extra 100 k were LE Halo Reach bundles!!

whoever was predicting 400k-500k WW hardware sales for 360 because of Halo Reach was just plain dumb

same thing with GT5

it won't push as much hardware as people think, this is already too late in the generation, use your head people!!