By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
Jordahn said:
Notorius.A.i.G said:

It seems like Move caused a slight bump in NA. I was expecting higher numbers for Reach but 4 Million Week One WW is still impressive.

So why was "everyone" saying Move did nothing for the PS3?

I think they meant that Move didn't do as well as expected. Or didn't move as much PS3's as expected. Something along those lines.

Who's the best Pac, Nas, and Big. Just leave it to that.

PLAYSTATION®3 is the future.....NOW.......B_E_L_I_E_V_E

Slaughterhouse Is The Sh*t  .... NOW ........ B_E_L_I_E_V_E

Around the Network
Xbbjf9s said:

does anyone know when move hits japan?

•  21 October 2010

enrageorange said:
LordTheNightKnight said:
Barozi said:
LordTheNightKnight said:
Lyrikalstylez said:
LordTheNightKnight said:

"More "hard work" went into making Wii Play than went into making Shadow of the Colossus, Monster Hunter 3, Portal, Little Big Planet, Metroid Prime 3, Metroid: Other M, every Halo game, every single Legend of Zelda game and every 3D Mario."

Try another strawman, since that is not the context of the hard work comments.

What are you talking about....It takes alot of effort & time into puting out a-half game with last gen graphics!!!

Well making it something that appeals to over 20 million people still can't be that easy (or else it would be replicated by third parties), even if the other games still took a lot more effort.

or simply throw in the main first party controller for free...

Um, have you checked the price of the Wiimote vs Wii Play? It's not free. Those people still chose to buy the game in droves, even with the controller alone being less money.

And the bundle argument needs proof that bundles can make that many sales on a rgular basis, or we still have an extraordinary case. So far only Wii Sports Resort has come close

hmmm hate to break it to you both are about $40 now in most stores with wii play occasionally being more expensive at $50 in a few. And hate to brake it to you again The game only sold because of the wii mote. Only reason period. Its a terrible game, like beyond terrible. There are other games wii fans can show off such as mario kart wii, wii fit, any of its 10mil that aren't wii play or wii sports. Nintendo gave out 30million free wii play games. Congrats to them.

It still sold more when it cost more money.

And your opinion does not prove that other people don't like the game.

I couldn't get into Metal Gear Solid. So people clerly only like it because they have exclamation point fetishes.

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs

I dont really care if wii stops selling tomorrow and nintendo had to release another console. the fact that it is the best selling nintendo home console ever is enough for me.

Besides NOONE including me thought it would sell this much. I remember reading an article that said that the wii would only sell about 11 million ltd in the US. and it has already sold three times that ;)

D-Joe said:
Xbbjf9s said:

does anyone know when move hits japan?

•  21 October 2010

wtf, why so damn late? No doubt HW will get a boost there.

Around the Network

does anyone remember what wii sports resort sold at launch?

Notorius.A.i.G said:
Jordahn said:
Notorius.A.i.G said:

It seems like Move caused a slight bump in NA. I was expecting higher numbers for Reach but 4 Million Week One WW is still impressive.

So why was "everyone" saying Move did nothing for the PS3?

I think they meant that Move didn't do as well as expected. Or didn't move as much PS3's as expected. Something along those lines.

Well, that might be true for whatever reason.  Now, I cannot recall last week's NA numbers, but I'm under the impression that this week's numbers is slightly higher for the PS3.  if this is the case, at the very least the PS3 is holding its own when the 360 is enjoying a very successful week with Halo reach.
Maybe PS3 numbers would be way lower if Move was not launched late last week?  Don't really know.  But if nothing else, congrats to the continual success of the Halo franchise, and congrats to the PS3 for holding it's ground and then some.

Hackers are poor nerds who don't wash.

hallowedbeeddie said:

Nintendo will be just fine.  Always had, and I'm sure they always will.

Hackers are poor nerds who don't wash.

Jordahn said:
hallowedbeeddie said:

Nintendo will be just fine.  Always had, and I'm sure they always will.

probably :p I was just curious

D-Joe said:
ethomaz said:

Halo: Reach lower than estimated numbers... amazing anyway.

First week (without adjustments): 3,958,255

Below GTA4.

For me after adjustmens Reach will be below Halo 3.

Halo 3 released on wednesday and Halo: Reach on tuesday.

3,958,255 plus japan=4,000,000up

Sorry I forgot Japan... my mistake.