By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
CGI-Quality said:
Pyro as Bill said:
CGI-Quality said:
Pyro as Bill said:

Seece, just imagine if MS or Sony had to rely on first party alone and then tell us who's worked harder this gen. When MS or Sony can create multiple 20M sellers EVERY YEAR instead of killing great GAMING companies like Rare, they might get a look in.

MS and Sony haven't worked hard, Bobby Kotick did all the hard work.

Even you can't believe such foolishness.

I'm sorry, who's delivered a 10M seller every year for MS?

MS or Activision?

So you need a 10 million seller yearly to be considered a "hard worker"? Again, you really can't believe that.

I know tons of people who work hard but don't do their job properly. A 10M seller means you're doing your job which is even more important than 'hard work'.

Nov 2016 - NES outsells PS1 (JP)

Don't Play Stationary 4 ever. Switch!

Around the Network
Maynard_Tool said:

@ Seecee: So you are telling me the wii was the ONLY choice they got? Motion controllers were not even something in the industry, how is that the only option? They have to come up with that....

Their main focus was motion controllers, that was the risky part of the bussiness. How is that an obvious way to go? How is that the only option?

I mean, if by "only option" you mean they had to innovate, and come out with something that would blow the competition away and take the industry by surprise...

Yeah, that was the only option.That's why it was a risky move, and Nintendo was the one coming into this gen risking the most.

Another choice was trying to compete with the HD's soly on graphics. It was an option, nintendo never lost a penny on the Game Cube/Game Boy era. I think they could have afford something like that...

It wasn't a good option, but it was another option. Saying Nintendo didnt have options is stupid.... but if you say they went for the RIGHT option, well that's different.

Yes, the Wii was their only option, that or release a console similar to what MS and Sony had (like the previous gen) and see yet another decrease Generation over generation. Profit or no profit, Nintendo couldn't carry on the way they were, it was reaching the point of them becoming irrelevent, imagin if they'd gone the same route as Sony and MS? They would likely have sold less than the Gamecube.

Unless Nintendo had any other innovations up their sleeve, then yeah Wii was the only logical choice for the company.

Gotta love how Pyro as Bill added lot's of fire to this thread. 

Above: still the best game of the year.

Beuli2 said:

Gotta love how Pyro as Bill added lot's of fire to this thread. 

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

To much laughs to fit on one page!

wholikeswood said:
Maynard_Tool said:
CGI-Quality said:
Pyro as Bill said:

Seece, just imagine if MS or Sony had to rely on first party alone and then tell us who's worked harder this gen. When MS or Sony can create multiple 20M sellers EVERY YEAR instead of killing great GAMING companies like Rare, they might get a look in.

Yeah, I wouldn't go that FAR. But is obvious that Nintendo is the one actually working their ass lately. They have to rely mostly on their games, because third parties pretend the wii doesn't exist.... is like they are trying to drive nintendo out of the bussiness O.o

Ms and Sony, mostly MS, have work in this generation, not as much as Nintendo, but they have done their thing. MS has done a lot.. Sony, well.... can't really say the same about them. But no questions, Nintendo is the one trying to innovate in the industry

Yes, it's all one big conspiracy against Nintendo. How's that tin foil hat working out for you? Hope it's not too tight.

Seriously, Maynard_Tool has to be the most incredible poster on the site: he criticises Seece for "redundantly" talking about the 360 topping the Wii for yet another week running, despite the fact that Maynard has been "redundantly" posting "Ouch @ PSP!!" in weekly sales threads for the last 18 months.

Dios mio...

First of all... about the third parties. I don't think that's real. That's why i wrote "IS like they..." The only tight thing here is ur ... I dont want to get banned.

I dare you to put your money where ur mouth is... point at my last Ouch for psp post please.

Oh, just for you to know, I SAID that everyone here writes the same week after week, me included. I just picked on seece b/c he picked on someone else saying that he says the same thing every week... when everyone does it, including me.

You are not the most incredible poster here, just the *****est one (dont want to get banned). Sticking your nose when you dont even know whats going on xDi recomend you to read the whole thing, not part of it.

Go back to your hole man, seriously.

Around the Network
De85 said:
KillerMan said:

Even Halo Reach is not enough to defeat DS ww (when Japan numbers are out). That thing is just something else. 3DS already announced and it just keeps selling. wow.

Amazing Reach numbers but at the same time some guys here really should calm down. If you compare Reach sales to Halo 3 sales in sales site you hate Halo? wtf really.

Solid PS3 sales. Nothing amazing but no disaster either.

Wii needs more games.

PSP is PSP... slowly dying away (outside of Japan). it needs price drop asap.

Nobody is saying that.  People are saying that calling 4M in one week disappointing is ridiculous, which it is...

Of course compared to almost every other game not disappointing but compared to Halo 3 yes they are slightly disappointing imo. X360 hw base has grown a lot between Halo 3 and Reach and sequels on bigger userbase tend to be more frontloaded.   it's just normal analyzation that happens with every sequel.

Move games:-

Sports Champions (PS3)
Sony Computer Entertainment
1 63,402 63,402
EyePet (PS3)
1 40,342 40,342

Not in the Top 200:-

Kung Fu Rider (PS3)                                               
1 3,411 3,411

Racquet Sports (PS3)                                                 
Ubisoft

1 2,915 2,915
The Lord of the Rings: Aragorn's Quest (PS3)
Warner Bros. Interactive
2,654 2,654

No data:-
- Start the Party
- Heavy Rain

Seece said:
Maynard_Tool said:

@ Seecee: So you are telling me the wii was the ONLY choice they got? Motion controllers were not even something in the industry, how is that the only option? They have to come up with that....

Their main focus was motion controllers, that was the risky part of the bussiness. How is that an obvious way to go? How is that the only option?

I mean, if by "only option" you mean they had to innovate, and come out with something that would blow the competition away and take the industry by surprise...

Yeah, that was the only option.That's why it was a risky move, and Nintendo was the one coming into this gen risking the most.

Another choice was trying to compete with the HD's soly on graphics. It was an option, nintendo never lost a penny on the Game Cube/Game Boy era. I think they could have afford something like that...

It wasn't a good option, but it was another option. Saying Nintendo didnt have options is stupid.... but if you say they went for the RIGHT option, well that's different.

Yes, the Wii was their only option, that or release a console similar to what MS and Sony had (like the previous gen) and see yet another decrease Generation over generation. Profit or no profit, Nintendo couldn't carry on the way they were, it was reaching the point of them becoming irrelevent, imagin if they'd gone the same route as Sony and MS? They would likely have sold less than the Gamecube.

Unless Nintendo had any other innovations up their sleeve, then yeah Wii was the only logical choice for the company.

That's what im trying to say. Being the best option, doesnt mean is the only one they have...  is just, the best one. The one they chose

CGI-Quality said:
Maynard_Tool said:
wholikeswood said:
Maynard_Tool said:
CGI-Quality said:
Pyro as Bill said:

Yeah, I wouldn't go that FAR. But is obvious that Nintendo is the one actually working their ass lately. They have to rely mostly on their games, because third parties pretend the wii doesn't exist.... is like they are trying to drive nintendo out of the bussiness O.o

Ms and Sony, mostly MS, have work in this generation, not as much as Nintendo, but they have done their thing. MS has done a lot.. Sony, well.... can't really say the same about them. But no questions, Nintendo is the one trying to innovate in the industry

Yes, it's all one big conspiracy against Nintendo. How's that tin foil hat working out for you? Hope it's not too tight.

Seriously, Maynard_Tool has to be the most incredible poster on the site: he criticises Seece for "redundantly" talking about the 360 topping the Wii for yet another week running, despite the fact that Maynard has been "redundantly" posting "Ouch @ PSP!!" in weekly sales threads for the last 18 months.

Dios mio...

First of all... about the third parties. I don't think that's real. That's why i wrote "IS like they..." The only tight thing here is ur ... I dont want to get banned.

I dare you to put your money where ur mouth is... point at my last Ouch for psp post please.

Oh, just for you to know, I SAID that everyone here writes the same week after week, me included. I just picked on seece b/c he picked on someone else saying that he says the same thing every week... when everyone does it, including me.

You are not the most incredible poster here, just the dumbest. Sticking your nose when you dont even know whats going on xDi recomend you to read the whole thing, not part of it.

Go back to your hole man, seriously.

Wow guys, seriously? It's turned into just insults now.

Sorry, is not the first time this indivual quotes me, w/o knowing what's going on. I hate when that happens. I already told him the other day he/she shouldnt quote me for stupid things like that, but apparently he doesnt compute...

CGI-Quality said:
Pyro as Bill said:

I know tons of people who work hard but don't do their job properly. A 10M seller means you're doing your job which is even more important than 'hard work'.

No. A 10 million seller means you've pleased a higher amount of people with your product than the next guy. But if the next guy has 10-20 3/4mill sellers compared to the guy who's got 1-3 10 million sellers, I doubt the guy with more to offer is going to complain.

10 million in sales is nothing to scoff at, sure. Neither are tons and tons of franchises that offer something for everyone.

@bolded. That's called doing your job properly.

Yeah I agree, if you can sell 30-80 million games in the same amount of time as the guy who does 10-30M you're better at your job but Sony/MS does neither, 3rd parties do all the hard work.

Nov 2016 - NES outsells PS1 (JP)

Don't Play Stationary 4 ever. Switch!