By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Capcom: DMC4's 2.7m sales NOT enough, wants 5 MILLION plus from reboot!!

Capcom: DMC4's 2.7m sales NOT enough, wants 5 MILLION plus from reboot!!

It'll Happen for sure, new Dante is cool YO! 4 1.52%

It'll outsell DMC4 at le... 31 11.74%

HA! It'll sell even wors... 229 86.74%

Total:264

I think everyone has nailed it this series does not have 5 million in it. Honestly they would have been better off selling it off as an exclusive and hoping for 2 million in sales. 

On another note a DMC trilogy for PS3 would be awesome with HD graphics and harder difficulty for DMC2.

Around the Network
jarrod said:
A203D said:
jarrod said:

lol.  They'll be lucky if it even sells half that.  Capcom's totally mismanaged DMC, the fanbase is furious and I'd imagine most of those 2.7m who bought DMC4 won't be going for Ninja Theory's game.

I'm dreading the inevitable RE6-by-Gearbox announcement...

I think that they could do 4mil possibily. and i think it could be a very good game. if you look at God of War 1 - 3 they all sold more than 3mil and its possible GOW3 will pass 4mil, on one platform alone. i think Ninja Theory will make the game more accessible to the western auidence while still maintaining and improving elements from before.

personally i thought DMC4 wasnt a very good game, and the design of Dante didnt look right in that either. so imo NT have a chance to reboot the series and bring in a whole new legion of fans... the only thing i dont agree with is Dante's new design... that aside i think they could do great things for the series.

4m is never going to happen.  And honestly, I think this'll end up being the worst selling DMC yet.  Even worse than DMC2.

i admit it seems unlikely, but if its a good game i think its possible. but it will have to be amazingly good, which i think it could be, because i think NT will make it a lot more accessible than DMC4. i didnt like having to dodge and use different combos all the time, it felt more like a chore than fun at times. not to metion NT have also said story is very important to them, the script writing from the old DMC games wasnt good imo and this is a good chance for them to revamp the story!!

and the God of War series has come to an end in God of War 3, as a fan of that series i'm looking foward to the next big action series that can deliver on that scale, this could be something those fans are also interested in imo. so i think the potential is definitly there.

This could be another Metroid: Other M.

Proud poster of the 10000th reply at the Official Smash Bros Update Thread.

tag - "I wouldn't trust gamespot, even if it was a live comparison."

Bets with Conegamer:

Pandora's Tower will have an opening week of less than 37k in Japan. (Won!)
Pandora's Tower will sell less than 100k lifetime in Japan.
Stakes: 1 week of avatar control for each one.

Fullfilled Prophecies

Good luck with that, then, you'll need it and some more.

Above: still the best game of the year.

Shaq has a higher chance of nailing all of his free throws this season then DMC has of selling 5M

Black Women Are The Most Beautiful Women On The Planet.

"In video game terms, RPGs are games that involve a form of separate battles taking place with a specialized battle system and the use of a system that increases your power through a form of points.

Sure, what you say is the definition, but the connotation of RPGs is what they are in video games." - dtewi

Around the Network
trestres said:

A good game that got unfair hate and gaming media sabotage?

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

I have a feeling that this game will sell sub 100k combined on the HD consoles in Japan where sales were at least decent for DMC4. So taking that into consideration I say 2 million is the max that they can hope for and that's only if the game is a hit in the west.

I'd expect 1.6m/1.2m MAX on the PS3 and X360 respectively, and thats being generous.

Leatherhat on July 6th, 2012 3pm. Vita sales:"3 mil for COD 2 mil for AC. Maybe more. "  thehusbo on July 6th, 2012 5pm. Vita sales:"5 mil for COD 2.2 mil for AC."

darthdevidem01 said:
trestres said:

A good game that got unfair hate and gaming media sabotage?

Imagine if you played Metal Gear Solid 5 or Final Fantasy 15 and they were only as good as Other M.

Now you understand.

Capcom can have 5 million hit's where it hurts, wouldnt cost them anything, i'll give it to them 4 free.

I'm a Foreigner, and as such, i am grateful for everyone pointing out any mistakes in my english posted above - only this way i'll be able to improve. thank you!