By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Capcom: DMC4's 2.7m sales NOT enough, wants 5 MILLION plus from reboot!!

Capcom: DMC4's 2.7m sales NOT enough, wants 5 MILLION plus from reboot!!

It'll Happen for sure, new Dante is cool YO! 4 1.52%

It'll outsell DMC4 at le... 31 11.74%

HA! It'll sell even wors... 229 86.74%

Total:264
darthdevidem01 said:
trestres said:

This could be another Metroid: Other M.

A good game that got unfair hate and gaming media sabotage?

lol @ media sabotage - we should use that term more often! but having played the demo of Enslaved i just hope that the Japanese developer working with NT can call a lot of the shots on the gameplay desgin, because Enslaved seems to have little replay value - and thats one of the best features of the DMC series, so hopefully it still has a lot of Japanese elements that make the games great!

Around the Network
Khuutra said:
darthdevidem01 said:
trestres said:

This could be another Metroid: Other M.

A good game that got unfair hate and gaming media sabotage?

Imagine if you played Metal Gear Solid 5 or Final Fantasy 15 and they were only as good as Other M.

Now you understand.

I DO understand

you have no idea what a big disappointment GTA4 has been for me, GTA:SA was one of my fav games ever, I was more hyped for GTA4 than FF13 or MGS4 (yes its true).

But its been 2 years since then so everythings sunk in now.

But that doesn't mean GTA4 deserved to fail because it was still "good".

Your being very unfair on Other M Khuutra.

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

What I find fascinating is that almost all of their previous games haven't come near the 5m mark either, yet they seem to think that offering up one of their prized IPs to a company that is famous for Heavenly Sword (which was not that good) is a decent idea? Someone in Capcom has gone senile...

A new numbers to crunch: Dead Rising 1, despite all their advertising? Never passed the 2m mark. Street Fighter 4? Managed about 3.1m total over both console releases. RE5? About 6.1m over both the 360 and PS3 releases, while most of the other RE games sit in 3m territory.

So, the question is, will new Dante be another Resident Evil strength IP? Something tells me no. They've already managed to anger the fans who honestly liked things as they were with a reboot that didn't need to happen, followed by members of Ninja Theory claiming that Dante of how long ago isn't cool anymore, so they pretty much needed to reboot him, isn't going to sit well. You don't piss off your central base and expect them to file in like cattle after the fact. 5 million sold? Possible, but extremely unlikely. 4 million? I doubt it. My guess is for hovering around 3 million.

darthdevidem01 said:
Khuutra said:

Imagine if you played Metal Gear Solid 5 or Final Fantasy 15 and they were only as good as Other M.

Now you understand.

I DO understand

you have no idea what a big disappointment GTA4 has been for me, GTA:SA was one of my fav games ever, I was more hyped for GTA4 than FF13 or MGS4 (yes its true).

Your being very unfair on Other M Khuutra

Not saying it deserved to fail. It was a good game.

It was just disappointing.

lol@ Capcom

It is better to die on one's feet

then live on one's knees

Around the Network
darthdevidem01 said:

I DO understand

Your being very unfair on Other M Khuutra.

plus darth... you still complain at GTA4 >_>... and X-2 for that matter :D

but mainly because you're girlfriend is planes for some reason. And Rockstar left them out