By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Metroid: Other M ruined gaming's greatest heroine ? Agree or not ?

IGN wrote this article about Metroid : Other M

http://wii.ign.com/articles/112/1122068p1.html

Metroid: Other M ruined gaming's greatest heroine ? Agree with that ?

Around the Network

Utter utter hyperbole.

Edit: but I haven't played many Metroids at all but still

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

Lol at anyone surprised by this. I predicted this the day it was announced that team Ninja was working on a metroid game. This is the team that made such classic titles as 'Dead or alive xtreme volleyball' They are completely unable to handle a strong female character who is popular for reasons that don't jiggle.

scottie said:

Lol at anyone surprised by this. I predicted this the day it was announced that team Ninja was working on a metroid game. This is the team that made such classic titles as 'Dead or alive xtreme volleyball' They are completely unable to handle a strong female character who is popular for reasons that don't jiggle.

Team Ninja was only responsible for the gameplay.

Sakamoto was responsible for the story/characterization of Metroid which makes your entire bolded portion redundant.

If you blame things you don't like on the wrong people, NEVER expect to see an improvement. Place the blame where it lies.

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

Hell no, how making Samus talk ruin her?  Just makes her bit more lively, aand knowing about her past and thsoe flashbacks images is interesting, I enjoyed it.  The game played very well too.

Buying in 2015: Captain toad: treasure tracker,

mario maker

new 3ds

yoshi woolly world

zelda U

majora's mask 3d

Around the Network

Not sure. Never played a Metroid game before.

Sakamoto destroyed Metroid.

He changed her badass charm that you know from Metroid, Metroid 2, Super Metroid, and the Prime Trilogy, to a frail woman who chickens out at an enemy she already defeated more than once. Like he wanted to make Metroid a Metal Gear like game... >_>.

Other M is not a bad game overall, but it killed the franchise

Lucky gaming has a new greatest heroine: Bayonetta. She saved the world from God, so I hear.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

the_bloodwalker said:

Other M is not a bad game overall, but it killed the franchise

How does this even work. Please explain. Or are you saying it's bad by Metroid standards, in which case the franchise is still perfectly fine.

How technical is your game?

lol the game is fine. Over dramatic. I rememebr when people were complaining that Nintendo were not using voice acting in their games. Now that they do people are not happy about it.

They can never please people.