By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - How ya liking Reach's voting system?

Jereel Hunter said:
toadslayer72 said:

Overall I think it's a pretty good thing but I do have one major issue. I don't think I've seen a time yet when everyone casts a vote. Mind you I haven't played a ton but between my games and watching my kids play it seems to happen all the time. Anyone here think that Bungie will address this or am I doomed to play so many infection games in Rumble Pit? 

I'm sure it will be addressed. Remember Halo 3's options when it first came out? Did you play it months later? Things like Team SWAT became their own playlists. I'm sure they'll increase multiplayer options. They'll start with base options, then now as they see how the voting shake sout over the first month or two, they'll make the most popular their own lists.

Yeah I have no doubts that Bungie will increase the options. It seems that most people are replying to what game types that they do or do not like, which will obviously vary. What I'm wondering is if Bungie will develop a way that has everyone actually vote. I suspect that the reason I'm playing (quitting) so many infection games is because there are only 4 or 5 votes cast. Maybe not though, maybe I'm just in the minority who can't stand that shitty game.

Looking back at my original post, I can see where I have confused the issue. My real issue is that not everyone votes. I understand that the multiplayer playlists will evolve as time goes on.

I LOVE paying for Xbox Live! I also love that my love for it pisses off so many people.

Around the Network
SecondWar said:
Kyuubi Ricky SSJ2 said:
Mr Puggsly said:

I'm annoyed how often people choose swat and sniper matches.

I get tired of killing my team just to get out of those matches.

I agree. I don't get why everyone chooses Swat. It takes no skill. No radar and you die and in one shot. It's all about luck and who see who first. Bungie need to make Swat and Snipers a separate playlist because I'm getting pretty sick of it, the only way I can play a normal slayer match is by playing arena mode. I guess everyone likes Swat because it's similar to Call of Duty. =P

I thought Swat dId take more skill, as only a headshot was a one hit kill. On the body you normal survive. I actually found most people vote for Classic Slayer, which is my least favourite game next to headhunter (which never seems to work very well)

My only complaint is I wish when 2 gametypes tie, they have a sort of run-off vote rather than just picking the one thats higher in the the list.

I think that would be a great idea. I'm not sure who thought it was a great idea the way it is now. I also noticed people don't like sniping in the game period because most of them suck. I hate watching a teammate trying to run across the map with a pistol to kill a guy aiming at him with a sniper rifle.

Love the product, not the company. They love your money, not you.

-TheRealMafoo

toadslayer72 said:
Jereel Hunter said:
toadslayer72 said:

Overall I think it's a pretty good thing but I do have one major issue. I don't think I've seen a time yet when everyone casts a vote. Mind you I haven't played a ton but between my games and watching my kids play it seems to happen all the time. Anyone here think that Bungie will address this or am I doomed to play so many infection games in Rumble Pit? 

I'm sure it will be addressed. Remember Halo 3's options when it first came out? Did you play it months later? Things like Team SWAT became their own playlists. I'm sure they'll increase multiplayer options. They'll start with base options, then now as they see how the voting shake sout over the first month or two, they'll make the most popular their own lists.

Yeah I have no doubts that Bungie will increase the options. It seems that most people are replying to what game types that they do or do not like, which will obviously vary. What I'm wondering is if Bungie will develop a way that has everyone actually vote. I suspect that the reason I'm playing (quitting) so many infection games is because there are only 4 or 5 votes cast. Maybe not though, maybe I'm just in the minority who can't stand that shitty game.

Looking back at my original post, I can see where I have confused the issue. My real issue is that not everyone votes. I understand that the multiplayer playlists will evolve as time goes on.

ah - well, as regards that issue, I doubt it. If peopel arent' voting, then they probably don't care. I've only had the opportunity to play a couple hours of multiplayer so far, so anything is fine for me, as I'm still testing out all the new maps. Sometimes I walk away until I hear the next match loading. Sometimes I vote to avoid something I hate or choose something I really wanna try... but I don't think there's a practical way to force everyone to vote. The only way would be to not allow people to play without voting, which would mean everytime your game filled up, anyone not paying attention would be dropped from the lobby at the end of the counter, and you'd be waiting for players to join yet again...

I think their current implementation is right. It's safe to assume no vote means they're up for anything.

Jereel Hunter said:
toadslayer72 said:
Jereel Hunter said:
toadslayer72 said:

ah - well, as regards that issue, I doubt it. If peopel arent' voting, then they probably don't care. I've only had the opportunity to play a couple hours of multiplayer so far, so anything is fine for me, as I'm still testing out all the new maps. Sometimes I walk away until I hear the next match loading. Sometimes I vote to avoid something I hate or choose something I really wanna try... but I don't think there's a practical way to force everyone to vote. The only way would be to not allow people to play without voting, which would mean everytime your game filled up, anyone not paying attention would be dropped from the lobby at the end of the counter, and you'd be waiting for players to join yet again...

I think their current implementation is right. It's safe to assume no vote means they're up for anything.

I suppose more than anything I'm just being a little impatient. While I do think that at least 6 out of the 8 should vote, it probably won't bother me as much when I'm able to play in a playlist that's catered more to my taste. I just wanna play some Lone Wolves and as of now Rumble Pit is the closest thing. I remember Rumble Pit in Halo 3 used to have a lot more slayer games. Then I tried playing a few times within the past couple of months and there were indeed a lot more game types that I don't care for. I used to jump in Rumble Pit to warm up before a lengthy an often frustrating session of Lone Wolves. 

I do think that something could be done to insure everyone votes but like you I'm having my doubts about that happening. I'm also starting to think that maybe too many choices is not the best idea. Finally I like what one poster here said about when there is a tie, have the two go head to head to decide.

I LOVE paying for Xbox Live! I also love that my love for it pisses off so many people.

Mr Puggsly said:

I second this, that trash tanked my K/D spread because 90% of the games were snipers or swat. Screw that! I havn't played MP for a week in the hoped that by the time I get back into it those two have their own playlists, just give me some DMR only action Bungie, I'll come back, I swear! lol

Past Avatar picture!!!

Don't forget your helmet there, Master Chief!

Around the Network
ironman said:
Mr Puggsly said:

I second this, that trash tanked my K/D spread because 90% of the games were snipers or swat. Screw that! I havn't played MP for a week in the hoped that by the time I get back into it those two have their own playlists, just give me some DMR only action Bungie, I'll come back, I swear! lol

Well I've played DMR slayer quite a bit. I think if you can party up with some friends you have a better chance of playing what you like.

Love the product, not the company. They love your money, not you.

-TheRealMafoo