By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - How ya liking Reach's voting system?

Too much infection, too much SWAT and snipers.

Around the Network
Mr Puggsly said:

I'm annoyed how often people choose swat and sniper matches.

I get tired of killing my team just to get out of those matches.

I agree, except for the killing the teammate part.

Shadowfest3 said:
Mr Puggsly said:

I didn't pick it and they have to suffer!

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

Mr Puggsly said:
Shadowfest3 said:
Mr Puggsly said:

I didn't pick it and they have to suffer!

Lol I see your point.

Kyuubi Ricky SSJ2 said:
Mr Puggsly said:

I agree. I don't get why everyone chooses Swat. It takes no skill. No radar and you die and in one shot. It's all about luck and who see who first. Bungie need to make Swat and Snipers a separate playlist because I'm getting pretty sick of it, the only way I can play a normal slayer match is by playing arena mode. I guess everyone likes Swat because it's similar to Call of Duty. =P

Swat was around back in 2004 back when COD was PC exclusive and 2 hadn't come out yet.

Around the Network
kiefer23 said:
Kyuubi Ricky SSJ2 said:
Mr Puggsly said:

I agree. I don't get why everyone chooses Swat. It takes no skill. No radar and you die and in one shot. It's all about luck and who see who first. Bungie need to make Swat and Snipers a separate playlist because I'm getting pretty sick of it, the only way I can play a normal slayer match is by playing arena mode. I guess everyone likes Swat because it's similar to Call of Duty. =P

Swat was around back in 2004 back when COD was PC exclusive and 2 hadn't come out yet.

That doesnt mean anything.
He saying its popular because people wanna play games like COD now, because alot more people play COD nowadays then they did a few years ago.

Smart Men answer questions, Wise men ask questions.
Gamers play games, True Gamers support Gaming

ConnorJCP said:
kiefer23 said:
Kyuubi Ricky SSJ2 said:
Mr Puggsly said:

That doesnt mean anything.
He saying its popular because people wanna play games like COD now, because alot more people play COD nowadays then they did a few years ago.

Maybe I should of added Swat was always popular even back in 04. It's appears even more popular now because more people are playing Halo and you can vote for it in matchmaking.

Kyuubi Ricky SSJ2 said:
Mr Puggsly said:

I thought Swat dId take more skill, as only a headshot was a one hit kill. On the body you normal survive. I actually found most people vote for Classic Slayer, which is my least favourite game next to headhunter (which never seems to work very well)

EDIT: Having just played a game of Swat on BTB, Ive changed my mind. Snipers I still find fun, but put me playing any gametype on Boneyard or Countdown and Ill generally despise it.

My only complaint is I wish when 2 gametypes tie, they have a sort of run-off vote rather than just picking the one thats higher in the the list.

I hate the whole system. The need to seperate the game types more. In other games, I play free for all the most because it is more intense and only your skill wins you the game. But in halo I get so sick of playing non slayer games I either just use it as an oppertunity to work on my kill death ratio or I just quite.

The whole system is annoying I want to pick the type of game I want to play, period.

toadslayer72 said:

Overall I think it's a pretty good thing but I do have one major issue. I don't think I've seen a time yet when everyone casts a vote. Mind you I haven't played a ton but between my games and watching my kids play it seems to happen all the time. Anyone here think that Bungie will address this or am I doomed to play so many infection games in Rumble Pit? 

I'm sure it will be addressed. Remember Halo 3's options when it first came out? Did you play it months later? Things like Team SWAT became their own playlists. I'm sure they'll increase multiplayer options. They'll start with base options, then now as they see how the voting shake sout over the first month or two, they'll make the most popular their own lists.