By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Prelim PS MOVE Sales IN! (140K Worldwide)!! Are you pleased?!!

Prelim PS MOVE Sales IN! (140K Worldwide)!! Are you pleased?!!

AMAZING SALES 161 23.27%

BOOO! 119 17.20%

MEH! 412 59.54%

Total:692
Jordahn said:
Metallicube said:

How else can you measure quality if not through sales? You're opinion? Hate to break it to you but your opinion is not gospel, it's all relative. Sales are not.

So as long as "everyone" is doing it, it must be the best thing eva...?  Is this your opinion?

No, but if people are buying X thing more than Y thing, is clearly they prefered X thing. Hence, they like it more, so is better in the consumers' eyes.

I think that's the better way to measure quality in videogames.

Around the Network
Maynard_Tool said:
Jordahn said:
Metallicube said:

How else can you measure quality if not through sales? You're opinion? Hate to break it to you but your opinion is not gospel, it's all relative. Sales are not.

So as long as "everyone" is doing it, it must be the best thing eva...?  Is this your opinion?

No, but if people are buying X thing more than Y thing, is clearly they prefered X thing. Hence, they like it more, so is better in the consumers' eyes.

"Preferred" involves numerous factors of numerous priorities of the factors.  I'm not a Resident Evil fan, but I am a Silent Hill fan while the RE sereis have "enjoyed" more sales than SH.  Are you trying to say that I'm playing a "lesser quality" game?  Maybe you're not but metallicube is because he thinks sales = quality?  Now I do agree with your "better in the consumers' eyes," but those who prefer "Y thing" are consumers, too.  Yes, there are bad products, and then there are quality products that the "minority" prefers.  That is by NO means is a dictation that those products are of lesser quality.

Hackers are poor nerds who don't wash.

Jordahn said:
Maynard_Tool said:
Jordahn said:
Metallicube said:

"Preferred" involves numerous factors of numerous priorities of the factors.  I'm not a Resident Evil fan, but I am a Silent Hill fan while the RE sereis have "enjoyed" more sales than SH.  Are you trying to say that I'm playing a "lesser quality" game?  Maybe you're not but metallicube is because he thinks sales = quality?  Now I do agree with your "better in the consumers' eyes," but those who prefer "Y thing" are consumers, too.  Yes, there are bad products, and then there are quality products that the "minority" prefers.  That is by NO means is a dictation that those products are of lesser quality.

Well... if 8 out of 10 prefered X product over Y product, we can say X product is better. That's the most logical thing I can think of to measure videogames. Maybe for the other 2 who picked Y, is better than X. But 8>2 .... making it a better product in the market

Maynard_Tool said:
Jordahn said:
Metallicube said:

Things that are better than other things if using this method throughout history:

Miley Cyrus > Radiohead
Rush Hour > The Departed
"random bad president">"president he defeated in election"
"Nazi Party">Democracy (WWII era Germany)

ANY indication that popularity is a judge of quality is flat out stupid.

Owner of PS4 Pro, Xbox One, Switch, PS Vita, and 3DS

Next month I will be part of theses numbers. My friend should buy the Move for me in early October in Portugual.

1x Started Pack
1x PS Move (extra)
1x Sport Champions

For now is this.

Around the Network
epicurean said:
Maynard_Tool said:
Jordahn said:
Metallicube said:

Things that are better than other things if using this method throughout history:

Miley Cyrus > Radiohead
Rush Hour > The Departed

Mmmmm you were saying something about ... stupid? :O

Maynard_Tool said:
Jordahn said:
Maynard_Tool said:
Jordahn said:
Metallicube said:

Well... if 8 out of 10 prefered X product over Y product, we can say X product is better. That's the most logical thing I can think of to measure videogames. Maybe for the other 2 who picked Y, is better than X. But 8>2 .... making it a better product in the market

No, you cannot.  You can say "8 out of 10 prefered X product over Y product," but that is the only fact you have.  Then you have to ask, "Why?"  That where you open a pandora's box.

"Mmmmm you were saying something about ... stupid? :O"

Um...yeah...your way of determining quality makes absolutely no sense.  Why would you apply it to video games when it makes no sense to apply it to any other medium?  It doesn't except it backs up your opinion on a few games.  It's simply a stupid argument.  

Owner of PS4 Pro, Xbox One, Switch, PS Vita, and 3DS

Jordahn said:
Metallicube said:

If a game sells well, it did SOMETHING right. You have to at least admit that, especially one that sold as well as Wii Sports.

epicurean said:
Maynard_Tool said:
Jordahn said:
Metallicube said:

Miley Cyrus > Radiohead
Rush Hour > The Departed

Thank you.  The masses can rule, but it doesn't mean they are always right.