By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Communism Vs. Capitalism

Have you studied the Cold War?
Yay capitalism!

"Your grasp of the obvious is inspiring." - Commander Shepard
"I'm Commander Shepard, and this is my favorite store on the Citadel." Commander Shepard
I support JRPGs on the Xbox 360.
Official member of the Xbox 360 Squad
"Nothing can make it moral to destroy the best. One can't be punished for being good. One can't be penalized for ability. If that is right, then we'd better start slaughtering one another, because there isn't any right at all in the world." - Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Around the Network

Unfortunately communism will never work. Human nature gets in the way. Somebody will always want more than someone else.

The trick is to have a socialized republic.

Capitalism ftw. I'd rather have the chance of being successful in life (along with the chance of complete and utter failure) than the guarantee of a shitty existence.

Soriku ...
When I finally start to have some hope in you, you make a thread like this ...
Do not say things like this, you have no idea what communism is like. Do not accept simplistic explanations or let other push into you their ideals.
Make a research on real communism, look for Russia, China and Cuba.

Satan said:

"You are for ever angry, all you care about is intelligence, but I repeat again that I would give away all this superstellar life, all the ranks and honours, simply to be transformed into the soul of a merchant's wife weighing eighteen stone and set candles at God's shrine."

They have this billboard that occasionally pops up near the Union on LSU's campus. It's basically there for people to write whatever they want, whatever comes to mind. One day I was walking by and saw that somebody had written, "Cuba has a 0% unemployment rate. Why can't we?" I almost died laughing. Yes, let's all live the wonderful lives of the Cubans.

Around the Network

Communism looks great on paper, and that's about the only time it looks even passable. I'm all for any kind of totalitarian government as long as I'm the one in charge.

cAPSLOCK said:
Communism looks great on paper, and that's about the only time it looks even passable. I'm all for any kind of totalitarian government as long as I'm the one in charge.

I'm cool with that as long as I'm your top general.  Then I'll lead a coup!

takeru51 said:
Unfortunately communism will never work. Human nature gets in the way. Somebody will always want more than someone else.

The trick is to have a socialized republic.

well that will never happen in the USA. Damn politians. If only Ron Paul would win. 

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453

cAPSLOCK said:

lol bingo

it works great on paper soriku but just cant work in real life

Communism will always have some people corrupting it and reaping the benefits while others suffer.

You will learn why communism is falling and capitalism is rising based on the the countries of each have faired.

CAPITALISM FTW FOREVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVER

With regard to Call of Duty 4 having an ultra short single player campaign, I guess it may well have been due to the size limitations of DVD on the XBox 360, one of various limitations multi-platform game designers will have to take into consideration-Mike B   

Proud supporter of all 3 console companys

Proud owner of 360wii and DS/psp              

Game trailers-Halo 3 only dissapointed the people who wanted to be dissapointed.

Bet with Harvey Birdman that Lost Odyssey will sell more then Blue dragon did.
makingmusic476 said:
They have this billboard that occasionally pops up near the Union on LSU's campus. It's basically there for people to write whatever they want, whatever comes to mind. One day I was walking by and saw that somebody had written, "Cuba has a 0% unemployment rate. Why can't we?" I almost died laughing. Yes, let's all live the wonderful lives of the Cubans.

It is so full of shit. In Cuba, some women sell their bodies for less tha a McDonald`s meal. Is that they idea of a job. I have heard stories that some of the prostitutes take the clients to their homes where they live with their parents and kids (in most communist countries there was 2-4 families per house).

Cuba has a lot of good things compared to the rest of Latin America (near 0% analfabetism, high life expectancy), but they are so poor that in most houses they use old newspapers as toilet paper. A medic makes less in a month than a guy who run errands into a Hotel (tips in dollars are worth a fortune).

Satan said:

"You are for ever angry, all you care about is intelligence, but I repeat again that I would give away all this superstellar life, all the ranks and honours, simply to be transformed into the soul of a merchant's wife weighing eighteen stone and set candles at God's shrine."