By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - My Reasonable Move Impressions

I would agree with you but my mind is absent. There is someone here who needs a PC gaming intervention...

Tease.

Around the Network

Thanks for the impressions. The perspective of the informed consumer is a lot more valuable to me than that of developers or journalists.

I've heard it suggested that Move as a pointer might be less accurate than the wiimote, but I gather from your brief impressions of The Shoot that this is not the case at all? Or if it is, then it's so marginal as to be imperceptible?

"The worst part about these reviews is they are [subjective]--and their scores often depend on how drunk you got the media at a Street Fighter event."  — Mona Hamilton, Capcom Senior VP of Marketing
*Image indefinitely borrowed from BrainBoxLtd without his consent.

famousringo said:

Thanks for the impressions. The perspective of the informed consumer is a lot more valuable to me than that of developers or journalists.

I've heard it suggested that Move as a pointer might be less accurate than the wiimote, but I gather from your brief impressions of The Shoot that this is not the case at all? Or if it is, then it's so marginal as to be imperceptible?

I think it depends on implementation. Playing The Shoot was definitely very accurate and felt very much like you would expect it to. But there are different pointing implementations I've seen, so that might be what people are referring to, or perhaps the quality of the implementation wasn't high enough. The Move certainly can do precise aiming.

very nice read. I had to postpone my purchase a bit since Uni is just starting so need to wait a bit till things settle down a bit. So by the end of next month for sure and these reviews help.

In-Kat-We-Trust Brigade!

"This world is Merciless, and it's also very beautiful"

For All News/Info related to the PlayStation Vita, Come and join us in the Official PSV Thread!

famousringo said:

I'd say it's a shade more accurate but that's based more on impressions across a variety of the titles.  Because when in a game it comes down to the software the accuracy does differ sometimes, but in the most neutral sense, such as selecting menu options etc I found it to be more accurate and have less 'wobble' than the Wii.

We're not talking 10x better mind - I still find the Wii pretty damn good.  But clearly Move is a bit better overall.  Mind you, with the example of the Wii, Sony's previous Eyetoy, etc. experiences and the like you'd hope so!

Try to be reasonable... its easier than you think...

Around the Network
Reasonable said:
famousringo said:

I'd say it's a shade more accurate but that's based more on impressions across a variety of the titles.  Because when in a game it comes down to the software the accuracy does differ sometimes, but in the most neutral sense, such as selecting menu options etc I found it to be more accurate and have less 'wobble' than the Wii.

We're not talking 10x better mind - I still find the Wii pretty damn good.  But clearly Move is a bit better overall.  Mind you, with the example of the Wii, Sony's previous Eyetoy, etc. experiences and the like you'd hope so!

Sounds like the hardware itself might be more or less accurate, but in any case it's good enough that the right smoothing algorithm is more important.

Wii software often does the same. The 'wobbly' Wii software (best example is the Wii home screen) isn't using much, if any, smoothing and its actually more accurate, but few people realize how unsteady their hands are. They usually prefer games that smooth out the jitters (most shooters) even though they're actually less accurate.

"The worst part about these reviews is they are [subjective]--and their scores often depend on how drunk you got the media at a Street Fighter event."  — Mona Hamilton, Capcom Senior VP of Marketing
*Image indefinitely borrowed from BrainBoxLtd without his consent.

Thats good but will it blend?

couldn't resist the urge =/ , good review, i'm getting one anyways, don't want to miss any games.

I live for the burn...and the sting of pleasure...
I live for the sword, the steel, and the gun...

- Wasteland - The Mission.

So the differences between the wii and move regarding tech ability is marginal at best.

Excellent review! I'm probably most interested in gladiator, but it seems like it would be too easy maybe. How is the difficulty? Is it realistic or chaotic or what?

ImJustBayuum said:

So the differences between the wii and move regarding tech ability is marginal at best.

Well with Wii Sport resort you have to play table tennis in 3rd person compared to Move  table tennis is in 1st person since it's more true 1:1.  I think table tennis  is a good example to shows the difference between two.