By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Capcom numbers: Lowest since 2005

Viper1 said:

Specs were not the problem....this was.

What is that? Console sales prediction?

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

Around the Network

I don't think specs were the issue upfront, but they have been more and more an issue as the generation wore on.  3rd parties fucked up, end of story.  The smart ones will do better next cycle.

I expect the spec jump from PS3 to Wii 2 being similar to that of PSP to 3DS.  So within the same rough "generation", but a pretty significant increase none the less, with a far more capable graphics chip.  And yeah, I expect we'll see both RE5 and SSF4 around launch.

Mr Puggsly said:
Chrizum said:
Mr Puggsly said:

Bear in mind, I didn't say TvC bombed. Safe bet it wasn't a financial blow for Capcom. I just don't think Capcom is happy with the numbers. They tested the Wii's water, the response was very modest.

You're too much. Capcom has literaly stated that TvsC beat expectations and is a succes, and that they're happy with its sales. To which you respond you don't think Capcom is happy with its sales. Hello? Do you speak English, sir? Parle usted Anglais?

Wow, this obnoxious post has convinced me!

Know this: posts with The Big Lebowski references in it can by definition not be obnoxious.

What is obnoxious, however, is that people keep proving you wrong and you just ignore them and go on with the nonsense.

Tell me this: how can you say that Capcom is not happy with TvsC sales when Capcom themselves stated they are happy with its sales?

Chrizum said:

Know this: posts with The Big Lebowski references in it can by definition not be obnoxious.

What is obnoxious, however, is that people keep proving you wrong and you just ignore them and go on with the nonsense.

Tell me this: how can you say that Capcom is not happy with TvsC sales when Capcom themselves stated they are happy with its sales?

I just don't buy it for some reason. The numbers are not impressive. Just like i don't buy Sony is happy with PSPgo sales.

Didn't Sega used to say they were happy with Wii sales? I don't see them supporting it much anymore.

Recently Completed
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

Mr Puggsly said:
Chrizum said:

I just don't buy it for some reason. The numbers are not impressive. Just like i don't buy Sony is happy with PSPgo sales.

Didn't Sega used to say they were happy with Wii sales? I don't see them supporting it much anymore.

TvsC sold almost 350k to customers. Capcom will probably ship over 400k lifetime. That is a succes for a port that was considered too niche to bring over, no matter how you look at it.

Around the Network
Mr Puggsly said:
Chrizum said:

Sega's doing an exclusive Wii Sonic this year.  Sales wise, that's a bigger deal than all their upcoming PS3 and 360 exclusives combined.

lol @ PSPgo.  When was the last time Capcom lied about being happy with Wii sales?  They weren't exactly singing praises for Zack & Wiki, Dead Rising, Spyborgs, etc.

jarrod said:
Mr Puggsly said:
Chrizum said:

Sega's doing an exclusive Wii Sonic this year.  Sales wise, that's a bigger deal than all their upcoming PS3 and 360 exclusives combined.

lol @ PSPgo.  When was the last time Capcom lied about being happy with Wii sales?  They weren't exactly singing praises for Zack & Wiki, Dead Rising, Spyborgs, etc.

I'm well aware a Sonic game is coming. I said they aren't support it much, I didn't say at all.

Those Capcom games were failures. I'm just saying I don't think they are particularly happy about TvC.

Recently Completed

Chrizum said:

TvsC sold almost 350k to customers. Capcom will probably ship over 400k lifetime. That is a succes for a port that was considered too niche to bring over, no matter how you look at it.

Why is that too niche?

We aren't familiar with popular Capcom characters? Anime isn't seen outside of Japan?

If the game ONLY had anime characters, I might agree with you.

Recently Completed

Mr Puggsly said:
Chrizum said:

Why is that too niche?

We aren't familiar with popular Capcom characters? Anime isn't seen outside of Japan?

If the game ONLY had anime characters, I might agree with you.

Well it seems Capcom think it was rather niche - from that same Seth Killian interview : "...It didn't set any land speed records, but it was a success. And that's really saying something considering that we're talking about a game that was not only never coming out, but has a title that most people can't even pronounce."

Currently Playing: Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Survivor Overclocked, Professor Layton and the Curious Village

Anticipating: Xenoblade, The Last Story, Mario Kart 7, Rayman Origins, Zelda SS, Crush3D, Tales of the Abyss 3DS, MGS:Snake Eater 3DS, RE:Revelations, Time Travellers, Professor Layton vs. Ace Attorney, Luigi's Mansion 2, MH TriG, DQ Monsters, Heroes of Ruin

Mr Puggsly said:
Viper1 said:

Specs were not the problem....this was.

What is that? Console sales prediction?

Those were sales projections by the major firms that publishers pay for.  Publishers pay to have the analysis done and hen base their next sever fiscal years budgets and resources on the information provided.

Tell me, if you were publisher X and 10 diferent firms presented you with highly detailed analysis on those 3 consoles, would you have made long term plans to put up big budgets and heavy resources for that Wii console?

I doubt it.  So when Wii proved all the analysts wrong, publishers had to scramble to scrounge up funding and resources and get anything they could out the door as fast as they could.  And you see the mess they made today. 

The rEVOLution is not being televised