By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Any initial reports on PS3 MOVE sales?? anecdotal surveys/reports/incidence

I do feel like gamestop ( I can only talk about the store I went into) did a poor job marketing what Move actually was. I had to ask to see a Nav controller to see if I really wanted it and without any demo kiosk or anything, you couldn't tell if Sony released motion controls today. After I got the bundle the gamestop guy asked me to make sure and come back to tell him how it was.

I'm not martin luther king. I don't have a dream. I have a plan

Sell a man a fish you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish you just ruined a perfect business opportunity.

We didn't emerge out of the stone age because we ran out of stones. Its time to be proactive not reactive.

Around the Network
A Bad Clown said:

A picture of a midnight launch, I'm hearing things from some workers of certain stores that not many people were coming in to pre-order.

please thats one store

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

leatherhat said:

I saw a man walk out of gamestop with 1.3 million moves. So at least that many.

damn! and you without your camera lol!

darthdevidem01 said:
A Bad Clown said:

A picture of a midnight launch, I'm hearing things from some workers of certain stores that not many people were coming in to pre-order.

please thats one store

Did you seriously not expect this from a thread titled: "Any initial reports on PS3 MOVE sales?? anecdotal surveys/reports/incidence"? Remember the pluaral of anecdote is epic-vgchartz-thread.

"You can never jump away from Conclusions. Getting back is not so easy. That's why we're so terribly crowded here."

Canby - The Phantom Tollbooth

Fame_Mcswagg said:

I do feel like gamestop ( I can only talk about the store I went into) did a poor job marketing what Move actually was. I had to ask to see a Nav controller to see if I really wanted it and without any demo kiosk or anything, you couldn't tell if Sony released motion controls today. After I got the bundle the gamestop guy asked me to make sure and come back to tell him how it was.

There probably isn't a whole lot of incentive for retailers to advertise the move. The margins are probably thin and it takes up a lot of shelf space.

Anyone can guess. It takes no effort to throw out lots of predictions and have some of them be correct. You are not and wiser or better for having your guesses be right. Even a blind man can hit the bullseye.

Around the Network
KylieDog said:
Reasonable said:

I got mine from Amazon so no idea about in store situations.  I can only note that Move has steadily climbed amazon top sellers in UK until I think it hit number 2 behind Reach (for the bundle).

So far so fun - Sports Champions seems decent and I'm just working my way through the various demos with my kids.  Tumble seems very good from the demo.  Seems very responsive and it's interesting to rotate the Move in your hand and see your racquet or whatever rotate right with it.

I got a sub-controller but haven't had to actually use it yet so no idea how it feels to use.

You order from amazon UK?   I pre-ordered from there and it didn't ship until yesterday, I didn't get it today and may even need wait unti Monday.

I hate pre-orders from them, I always get stuff late, if this was game.co.uk I would have got it Tuesday-Thurs before release like all pre-orders. 

Amazon was cheaper though by a notable amount.

I don't normally order from them, but when I decided to pre-order they were cheaper and as I was ordering 2 Move's plus a sub I felt the extra savings was worth it.

There delivery policy must be weird though as they delivered the stuff seperately, first the Move's arrived, then the sub-controller 4 hours later.  Strange.

I actually rarely pre-order stuff, I tend to pick up games after launch as I'm the patient type and like to see the real reaction to the title first.

Try to be reasonable... its easier than you think...

I'm acutally a bit surprised at how quiet the launch has been.  Now I'm not expecting the Move to fail or die miserably, but on a site with as active and vociferous of a Sony fanbase as VGChartz has, this has been a VERY subdued launch.

Sadly, I've been at work all day so I have no anecdotal evidence for you, sorry.

TRios_Zen said:

I'm acutally a bit surprised at how quiet the launch has been.

Talk about quiet.. the local Mediamarkt here sold its last PS3 console last Saturday. Today, they had about 100 move starter packs piled up in a corner - no advertising at all and still no consoles visible...

A Bad Clown said:

Thats actually a picture from the halo reach launch, look at the picture on the window.

Wow I know halo reach is selling worse than halo3 but thats being nasty!

All bow to me the VGChartz current reigning 3DS prediction champion 

Bet with tbone51: Pokeon X & pokemon Y will not sell more than 8 million in 2013

jarrod said:The Xbox360 or ps3 will not sell more than 75million units

July 2009 daveJ saidTrue the wii has a large lead now but by 2017 the most likely result will be 1. ps3 2. xbox360 3. wii <-- wii's successor launched in 2011 effectively killing sales of the wii

2009 daveJ said: The wii will not break the 50% marketshare barrier it will go below the 40% marketshare barrier though in the future. VGChartz members: Impossible, youre an idiot that knows nothing about sales

Sony representatives have said recently that they expect WORD OF MOUTH to carry Move into people's homes. They've also stated this week that they won't be outspending Microsoft in marketing spending.

Many journalists have also reported that Move feels like a great controller when you try it for yourself. Add 1 plus 1 and you can understand why the marketing hype isn't a 10 eyed dragon spewing fire all around him.