By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Sony's gaming unit lost $443 mil 3Q

Nobody is arguing that Sony as a whole is doing horrible. But really, if you're that confident in Sony, put your money where your mouth is. I've already placed my bets, squarely on Nintendo. Right now I only have 450 shares due to my own stupidity. At one point I had as many as 800 shares. How many shares of Sony do you own?

Around the Network

Sony is like any company they are going to drag out the PS3's price as long as they can sell decently monthly. With the most recent launch in NZ being successful (nearly 5 million USD from sales) shows that the PS3 can sell pretty well, its just a matter of the games available. With the PS3 slowly gaining more and more games at retail stores more people will buy them also if great movies come out on blu-ray the PS3 might gain some sales because of the fact the PS3 is a cheap blu-ray player.

I think that Sony will drop the price but in Oct/Nov thats would grant one year in the market.

Oh and Sony's stock is at an all time high.. so its not doing horrid. 

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453

I'll throw the gauntlet down Sony fanboys. If you think Sony is in a position to make a lot of money, then invest in Sony stock. If PS3 sales pick up just like you say, you will be rewarded monsterously. If you don't invest, then you are just blowing hot air as far as I'm concerned. 

I've already put my money down. And I've already been handsomely rewarded. And I think I going continue  to be rewarded. I'm already in the position where I can't lose. It's not a matter of whether I'll make money anymore, it's a matter of how much.  

It's so funny to look back at these threads, now that Sony Gaming division just made 113 million bucks.

DMeisterJ said:
It's so funny to look back at these threads, now that Sony Gaming division just made 113 million bucks.

Wow ... nice revival. Until I see numbers showing the PS3 made money, I will forever believe that the PS2 and PSP are footing the bill for the PS3. 

Around the Network
DMeisterJ said:

It's also funny that 113 is much smaller than 443, yet that didn't stop you from reviving the thread! Sometimes I wonder if you're really a PS3 fan or just a PS3 hater in disguise. Really... 

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

A fanboy who would get more use out of my PS3 than I do currently - that's my thought ...

DMeisterJ said:

Yet at the same time, Sony as an investment was a losing proposition. Sony is down since the time of my post over 20%. Contrast to Nintendo being up over 50%. Who's laughing now?

Wow, this thread is full of lame, unintelligent assumptions and guesses.

Nintendo = Not at Risk.
Not at Risk = Has never risked losing money on anything major.

Sony = Risk.
Risk = BluRay, Losing money, prices
Losing Money = Having a lot to make up for still.

Old Threads = show how Sony bombed several quarters in billion of dollars = 100 million dollar profit for ONE QUARTER does not offset billions in losses.

Gosh, I could go out and say "Sony will make billions because they will be selling PS3's for $600 profit! Man, if they sell 150k per week, that's $900k in profit! Sony revival! Viva la Sony!"

Numbers: Checker Players > Halo Players

Checkers Age and replayability > Halo Age and replayability

Therefore, Checkers > Halo

So, Checkers is a better game than Halo.

Oh shit Joe, everything is lost of $ony.

Thanks for the delayed notice.

Nintendo & Sony supporter:

Consoles: Wii & PS3.