By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Website Topics - Why does Alexa.com rate Vgchartz as Very Slow? And more...

http://www.alexa.com/siteinfo/vgchartz.com

For anyone who hasn't heard of this site, it tracks all kinds of stuff about websites.  Number of pageviews and all that good stuff.  However it rates this site as slower than 95% of sites on the internet. That sounds pretty bad. You can see it by clicking the link and scrolling down a bit.  Why is the site so slow? I'm assuming it's not easy to fix?

I thought it was somewhat important also because the site says that search engines may penalize slow sites, apparently putting them lower in the results. 

Around the Network

It's not that slow and if it is,it's because there's just that much good content on this site. lol

It can be pretty slow sometimes.

Because it is slow? Well, for me at least. And that's not a connection issue, I've had the same experience with at least three different connections.

Well it's pretty slow for me on my iTouch but its good on my PC

Around the Network

Nothing I can't handle, but compared to other sites I frequent, yes, it's very slow.

I am the black sheep     "of course I'm crazy, but that doesn't mean I'm wrong."-Robert Anton Wilson

"Vgchartz.com appeals more to men; its audience also tends to consist of childless Caucasians under the age of 35 who browse from school and home and have no postgraduate education."

ROFL!!

I live for the burn...and the sting of pleasure...
I live for the sword, the steel, and the gun...

- Wasteland - The Mission.

I think it's thanks to the dynamic content. Static pages are very fast to load, dynamic pages, with database searches are slow.

I'm happy it is confirmed. I always felt VGC was extremely slow but at the same time i thought maybe it also had to do with my own connection.

They rate it based mainly on the size of all the content (images, embedded links, etc...) that must be download to view most pages.  I don't think the revised it after the site has changed, as the average page size has went down...