By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Good News to the European Wii Gamers on this site

azzer100 said:
The site has been working, but its very very slow, possible due to everybody at once trying to get their free wii points.

The more I think about it the more that I realise its a bit crap. Ive been saving my star points for just over a year now and im able to just get 3000 ponits.

What else could you get with your star points?  Could you get something better then a free game?  With those Star points you can get 6 NES games...  that's pretty sweet.

Prepare for termination! It is the only logical thing to do, for I am only loyal to Megatron.

Around the Network

well internet is 500 points:D

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

I don't have borders on my version of Sonic.

Some games are optimised to run at 60Hz - alot of Sega games come to mind - other's arent.

I don't understand though why that bothers people - it doesn't change the game one bit - and if you're in Europe then there is a high chance that you originally played all of the games on Virtual Console at 50Hz to begin with. Nothing's changed - unless you're playing an optimised build.

Well, to tell the truth I played Mario 64 with an emulator, so I guess I'd notice the difference. Maybe I'll give the VC version a try later.

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

Around the Network

Like I said - most PAL games run at 50Hz natively - so if you played with a PAL rom - then there'd be no difference, if it was an NTSC rom well that would've been 60Hz.

Of course though by the time the N64 and PS1 were in full swing - TV's with SCART supporting 60Hz were becoming much more commonspread and some games were becoming optimised for both speeds.

Explosivo said:
Where can you find the product code for your games and your Wii?
I've looked on the cover, on the disc and in the manuel :S

There should be an insert in the game case, where the manual was. Probably next to your Nintendo Power subscription insert (assuming NP exists where you live, I have no idea.)

It's definitely inside the case though. 

There is no such thing as a console war. This is the first step to game design.

I don't know a lot about the technical background, but recently I downloaded Zelda II, and it feels slooow. I remember playing the original cartridge back then, and it was definitely different...

On Topic: Of course it's better than nothing, but Nintendo could have been a little more generous. Oh well, it's definitely an improvement over wallpapers and ringtones.

Now when I think of Club Nintendo Japan... I start to cry. Have you seen all the awesome goodies they got over the past years? Sniff. I mean, Japan is much a smaller market than EU, let alone US. Why do Japanese gamers get tons of awesome special editions, weird peripherals, Club Nintendo freebies... NOT FAIR! BITCH! WHINE!

Currently playing: NSMB (Wii) 

Waiting for: Super Mario Galaxy 2 (Wii), The Last Story (Wii), Golden Sun (DS), Portal 2 (Wii? or OSX), Metroid: Other M (Wii), 
... and of course Zelda (Wii) 
Chadius said:
Explosivo said:

There should be an insert in the game case, where the manual was. Probably next to your Nintendo Power subscription insert (assuming NP exists where you live, I have no idea.)

Where are you from? This only exists in the bigger markets, in smaller markets there are no such product codes anymore.

In the GC days, the codes were in the games here in Switzerland, but since the Wii launched, we don't get codes anymore...

Currently Playing: Skies of Arcadia Legends (GC), Dragon Quest IV (DS)

Last Game beaten: The Rub Rabbits(DS)

nintendo_fanboy said:
Chadius said:
Explosivo said:

Where are you from? This only exists in the bigger markets, in smaller markets there are no such product codes anymore.

In the GC days, the codes were in the games here in Switzerland, but since the Wii launched, we don't get codes anymore...

US. I thought it worked the same in all regions...

>_>

<_< 

*flees in shame* 

There is no such thing as a console war. This is the first step to game design.