By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - The Wiimote Jacket is unspeakably hideous

I ordered them just cause they're free, so I figured what the heck, might as well.

My verdict is actually that it's not good.
I can only speak for myself, but I found that the width makes it more difficult to grip the Wiimote firmly. The rubber grip doesn't really change anything at all if your hand sweats a little. Without the grip, I can get my hand around the wiimote completely and I've never had an issue of losing my grip on it.

on the plus sides, it does help prevent that black gunk from building up on the seams of the Wiimote, which ids the primary reason I've left them on.

Seppukuties is like LBP Lite, on crack. Play it already!

Currently wrapped up in: Half Life, Portal, and User Created Source Mods
Games I want: (Wii)Mario Kart, Okami, Bully, Conduit,  No More Heroes 2 (GC) Eternal Darkness, Killer7, (PS2) Ico, God of War1&2, Legacy of Kain: SR2&Defiance

My Prediction: Wii will be achieve 48% market share by the end of 2008, and will achieve 50% by the end of june of 09. Prediction Failed.

<- Click to see more of her

Around the Network

have 4 wiimotes and no jacket looks terrible, was planning too get them though. they are free^^

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

It'll work well for Nintendo until the chemicals end up giving someone cancer. Then they'll have to send recipes so people can put their wiimotes into giant cubes of jello.

i ordered them for the sole reason of the free price tag and didn't think i'd use them. but now that i have them i have to say i like them. not the best looking accesory but it makes the wiimote feel more comfortable to me.

I have them as well and they turned out better then I expected, much like the newer wrist straps, you don't know what you're missing until it's on the Wiimote. So I was in the same boat as you NintendoTogepi but now... I see things in a different light and they don't bother me at all (in the pictures). I think it was a smart thing for them to do... no more complaints from company about a wiimote to the head... the thing just bounces off people now ;)

Prepare for termination! It is the only logical thing to do, for I am only loyal to Megatron.

Around the Network
cAPSLOCK said:
It'll work well for Nintendo until the chemicals end up giving someone cancer. Then they'll have to send recipes so people can put their wiimotes into giant cubes of jello.

silicone causing cancer?! who did what now?

souixan said:
cAPSLOCK said:

silicone causing cancer?! who did what now?

You took the above post far too seriously

I love the wii condoms, they add some much needed heft to the controller.  Before I got in my other 2, friends fought over who got the protected ones. 

Dryden said:
I ordered four of these awhile ago. They do detract from the Wiis style, but they're great. They go on and come off in seconds ... no struggling with them like the 3rd party stuff that's been out all year, and that's a big issue with Wiimotes since you need ready access to the battery cover to swap out the rechargables.

There is a dust/connection cover for the expansion port on the bottom, and the ballooned front is very forgiving if you should happen to hit someone or something.

Over the year, I have found the Wiimote is ridiculously well constructed and durable. Other controller gloves help your sweaty palms keep a grip on the controller, while this jacket was designed with something more in mind. This will assist your grip, AND protect your furniture, friends, family, walls and pets from your Wiimote. No more busted faces if someone walks behind your backswing playing tennis. No more injuries to the dog if it crosses your path while you're bowling.

Oh yeah, it'll still hurt like hell because the Wiimote has some mass to it, but the front of the Wii Jacket is like an airbag for the Wiimote to limit the collateral damage to everything around you while you play.

Ha Ha. we must protect the world from the Wii-motes. I used to use my Wii-mote to hammer nails in as it is better than a hammer.

I like it. Its comfortable and doesn't seem to get in the way of any games I have played yet. Only issue is when i go to charge it/change batteries i have to remove it and replace it later.

I ordered some, but it's been a while. I figured it would take some time to get them. How long did it take for people here to get theirs after they ordered them?

You can find me on facebook as Markus Van Rijn, if you friend me just mention you're from VGchartz and who you are here.