By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - The Wiimote Jacket is unspeakably hideous

I got em here too, won't go back to playing without them. Feels great, soft and comfortable, hands sweat less, etc. There's no good reason to not get them.

"I feel like I could take on the whole Empire myself."

Around the Network

I don't think they look bad at all :\

I have two, they feel infinitely better than holding the Wiimote on it's own - and the ridiculous colour covers which are definitely inferior to these as well. The padding is perfect and yet none of the buttons are covered (apart from the power button quite sensibly!) unlike the older covers which make hitting the +, - and Home buttons hard.

The Jackets are great. :)

I think they look fine. That and I definitely use them when people are over. Accidents are bound to happen, so I try to be as cautious as possible. Especially when we're drinking and bowling. Already had a few accidents from that before these came out.

Also I can hold the remote much easier when I play VC games.

Smash Bros: 2363-5325-6342 

At first, they're kind of awkward honestly. I was looking at it thinking about turning the controller on it's side and how the bump would make it be uncomfortable but in fact it's more comfortable now then with nothing on.

Overall I like then and when you get used to them they look kinda cool in that weird sort of way..

they are comfy, I put them on for games like Wii sports where no or few buttons are needed....especially when i was in my Uni room because my TV was at the end of my bed, and the wall was on the right, so i frequently hit the remote into the wall.

I had kept it on for about 2 weeks after i first got it, when i took it off i was suprised how incredibly small the Wiimote looked again, like seeing it for the first time

Around the Network

I ordered four of these awhile ago. They do detract from the Wiis style, but they're great. They go on and come off in seconds ... no struggling with them like the 3rd party stuff that's been out all year, and that's a big issue with Wiimotes since you need ready access to the battery cover to swap out the rechargables.

There is a dust/connection cover for the expansion port on the bottom, and the ballooned front is very forgiving if you should happen to hit someone or something.

Over the year, I have found the Wiimote is ridiculously well constructed and durable. Other controller gloves help your sweaty palms keep a grip on the controller, while this jacket was designed with something more in mind. This will assist your grip, AND protect your furniture, friends, family, walls and pets from your Wiimote. No more busted faces if someone walks behind your backswing playing tennis. No more injuries to the dog if it crosses your path while you're bowling.

Oh yeah, it'll still hurt like hell because the Wiimote has some mass to it, but the front of the Wii Jacket is like an airbag for the Wiimote to limit the collateral damage to everything around you while you play.

ElRhodeo said:
I don't mind. My Wii came with the jacket, and I'm using it. Feels good, cause I've got big hands and the jacket makes the Wiimote a bit "meatier". And it doesn't really look bad, IMO.

Same thing here. Then again, I'm not exactly the kind of person who's very concerned about style. I think the jacked looks cute and it's useful, and my verdict stops there.

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

i like em just fine--infact i perfer the curves--feel great in teh hands as well

I don't think so.  In fact, I think it looks and feels pretty good.  It's especially nice if you're using the Wiimote sideways.

--OkeyDokey-- said:
my wiimote's have gone flying out of the hands of stupid friends and family 6 times so far. no damage done to anything, but my dad now understands why i kept telling him to usethe wrist strap.

i might order some of these hideous things if they're free :)

My girlfriend accidentally chucked one two inches from my bits.  It was epic.