By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - First day sales, Japan

I found the Famitsu numbers for Minna no Golf Portable :

400K LTD ( in Japan ) and 66K first week ( but like I said previously it was a launch title so it didn't enjoy the large userbase of PSP of nowadays )

http://www.japan-gamecharts.com/psp.php

“In the entertainment business, there are only heaven and hell, and nothing in between and as soon as our customers bore of our products, we will crash.”  Hiroshi Yamauchi

TAG:  Like a Yamauchi pimp slap delivered by Il Maelstrom; serving it up with style.

Around the Network

No More Heroes sales shouldn't surprise anyone because it doesn't match japaneese gaming tastes in any way ...

NMH deserves better

LOST ODDESEY is ATROCIOUS!

anyways

That weird golf game did bad....

NMH & Uncharted don''t appeal to japan so that was excpected

Supporter of

SONY & Nintendo

Consoles owned - SNES, N64, PS, GC, PS2, PSP, PS3

I DO NOT support Xbox

My prediction for YEARS END:

WII - 18.3 Million

Xbox 360 - 15 Million

Playstation 3 - 8.5 Million

None of those are blockbusters but Tales is solid, NMH is not a Japan friendly game

psn- tokila

add me, the more the merrier.

Around the Network
celine said:

I found the Famitsu numbers for Minna no Golf Portable :

400K LTD ( in Japan ) and 66K first week ( but like I said previously it was a launch title so it didn't enjoy the large userbase of PSP of nowadays )

http://www.japan-gamecharts.com/psp.php

... wow , than VGCharts was waaaaaaay of . Anyways , this could outperform the first one during the week ... and even with only 400k LTD in Japan , its still a million seller :) Thanks for the info anyways :)

Vote the Mayor for Mayor!

^well its also pretty popular in other teritorries

Yeah , HSG was allways a good performer for Sony ... its like Pokemon : its casual in style , but can be extremly complex :)

Vote the Mayor for Mayor!

^HSG was one of my fav psone games(never played a PS2 HSG)it deserves its success

hunter_alien said:
Yeah , HSG was allways a good performer for Sony ... its like Pokemon : its casual in style , but can be extremly complex :)

Mingol is one of the biggest franchises for Sony in Japan. If it only hits ~70k in the first week that's not really very good. I'm starting to think that the only software that has a chance to do well on the PSP are exclusives. Mingol on the PSP is already superceded by the PS3 version so it's not a true exclusive like FF:CC or MH2. We will see.