By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - This is how move advertising works.. IT ONLY DOES MORE THAN THEY DO

More and more I realize people fail to understand the concept of different points of view. It is just advertising guys, no need to discuss here how bad you feel about the 3rd party support for your console of choice or if the technical specs match or don't. And that's nothing compared to, say, ancient Rome, where you could place a picture of a political or commercial adversary on sexually humiliating positions on anyone's wall! 

Kinda off topic, I know, but not off discussion.

P.S. - the yaybuttons site is awesome. One of the best things to sprout this gen, right there with Mass Effect 2 and Oblivion.

Around the Network

People need to realize that everything KB related is strictly tongue-in-cheek, and is not to be taken so seriously.  Lol, if anything, it's designed to stoke the fires of the flamewars.

Kinda off topic, has anyone's local Walmart broke the street release date of Eye Pet and Start the Party?  Mine did.  I decided to go ahead and buy them since I was going to anyway.  Though, it does suck that they didn't break the street date of the Move itself, as now I have to wait til next Sunday to play them.  I love that they were both priced at $40 bucks, instead of $60.  Though, it will suck if someone uninformed buys them.  I picture some pissed off parents.

adsl said:
MaxwellGT2000 said:
darthdevidem01 said:
leo-j said:
Lyrikalstylez said:

Maybe they should change It to.......It only does everything that the Wii does

and it does more than that too

PS Move does what Wii don't and b3yond!

Lyrikal was flamebaiting I know, but I do pose a question, is there anything shown that actually does more than Wii, that will be in a game I mean, I've seen a guy control a menu with videos with two controllers, which you could do with the Wii if someone designed it, I've seen the controller itself so Wii Motion Plus type motion and even become off center like the Wii controller lol like during the Tiger Woods demo.  So other than graphics output can someone tell me what this setup will improve on motion?  

I'm getting it simply for Ape Escape but I haven't seen much else that appeals to me, KZ3 might be a rent so I can try out the controls but from what I've seen it largely barrows from titles that came before it Medal of Honor Heroes 2, The Conduit, and CoD4.

MaxwellGT2000 you are 100% right! These are my complains about the current Move line-up as well.

And I would like to add two important things that will probably make Move less imersive that the Wii Remote to play FPS:

1) No speaker: you will not have the sound of the gun in your hand

2) No motion sensor in Move's "nunchuk": you will not be able to throw the grenade with your left hand

How can Sony (after 4 years of development) release something that is not good as Wii remote for play the most popular "hardcore" kind of game? I really can't understand it.

Wait has it been confirmed no motion in the Navigation controller for move?  I thought they planned on making a motion sensor in that thing... no wonder the KZ3 vid had the guy only using the move controller to do the actions... 

All the motions they have set up are mapped to the move controller which if anyone has played FPS games on Wii you know that online that REALLY gets in the way, nunchuck motions are awesome though... motion on the nunchuck to reload, another motion to throw a grenade and the Wii mote aims, perfect set up.

@onlyide

The fight you cannot use a joystick to move, as for the game itself if you wanted that kind of gameplay all people would have to do is design a game around using 2 Wii remotes using WM , as for games already out that does that stuff, boxing comes with the Wii, very fun.  

As for switching to Dual analog there's a reason people like the controls on the Wii remote, they're simply the most accurate you'll get on a console and it'd be nice if PS3 had that set up too.

MaxwellGT2000 - "Does the amount of times you beat it count towards how hardcore you are?"

Wii Friend Code - 5882 9717 7391 0918 (PM me if you add me), PSN - MaxwellGT2000, XBL - BlkKniteCecil, MaxwellGT2000

oniyide said:

@TWRoo  I played the archery game, the PSeye tracks your hand movement so you actually have to pull the arrow out of your invisble quiver. Resort dont do that

@adsl I have a Wii and I could give a crap about the microphone and not any of my friends do too. its not immersive but it does sound sorta cool.  as for your second claim you might have a point. but you havent played any FPS with Move yet so we dont know how they'll implement it. if it sucks that bad you could always switch to Dual analog

Well, If the FPS example is enough to "you and your friends" understand how the Wii Remote's microphone is important for immersion, I think games like Silent Hill Shattered Memories are another good example... Can you imagine how less immersible the game would be without the cellphone ring in your hand to scary you?

MaxwellGT2000 said:
adsl said:
MaxwellGT2000 said:
darthdevidem01 said:
leo-j said:
Lyrikalstylez said:

Lyrikal was flamebaiting I know, but I do pose a question, is there anything shown that actually does more than Wii, that will be in a game I mean, I've seen a guy control a menu with videos with two controllers, which you could do with the Wii if someone designed it, I've seen the controller itself so Wii Motion Plus type motion and even become off center like the Wii controller lol like during the Tiger Woods demo.  So other than graphics output can someone tell me what this setup will improve on motion?  

I'm getting it simply for Ape Escape but I haven't seen much else that appeals to me, KZ3 might be a rent so I can try out the controls but from what I've seen it largely barrows from titles that came before it Medal of Honor Heroes 2, The Conduit, and CoD4.

MaxwellGT2000 you are 100% right! These are my complains about the current Move line-up as well.

And I would like to add two important things that will probably make Move less imersive that the Wii Remote to play FPS:

2) No motion sensor in Move's "nunchuk": you will not be able to throw the grenade with your left hand

How can Sony (after 4 years of development) release something that is not good as Wii remote for play the most popular "hardcore" kind of game? I really can't understand it.

Wait has it been confirmed no motion in the Navigation controller for move?  I thought they planned on making a motion sensor in that thing... no wonder the KZ3 vid had the guy only using the move controller to do the actions... 

All the motions they have set up are mapped to the move controller which if anyone has played FPS games on Wii you know that online that REALLY gets in the way, nunchuck motions are awesome though... motion on the nunchuck to reload, another motion to throw a grenade and the Wii mote aims, perfect set up.

@onlyide

The fight you cannot use a joystick to move, as for the game itself if you wanted that kind of gameplay all people would have to do is design a game around using 2 Wii remotes using WM , as for games already out that does that stuff, boxing comes with the Wii, very fun.  

As for switching to Dual analog there's a reason people like the controls on the Wii remote, they're simply the most accurate you'll get on a console and it'd be nice if PS3 had that set up too.

“... We felt that to be completely compatible with the Dualshock we shouldn’t allow motion, since you might not be able to do it holding the Dualshock in one hand,” said Mikhailov.  “With just accelerometers and gyros you wouldn’t be able to do as much as the Move can, so its a bit of an inconsistent experience. And of course, it makes the nav cheaper while having room for other features like the rechargeable battery and wireless...”

Published 29/08/2010 at 21:30.

Source

Around the Network
adsl said:
MaxwellGT2000 said:
adsl said:
MaxwellGT2000 said:
darthdevidem01 said:
leo-j said:
Lyrikalstylez said:

@onlyide

“... We felt that to be completely compatible with the Dualshock we shouldn’t allow motion, since you might not be able to do it holding the Dualshock in one hand,” said Mikhailov.  “With just accelerometers and gyros you wouldn’t be able to do as much as the Move can, so its a bit of an inconsistent experience. And of course, it makes the nav cheaper while having room for other features like the rechargeable battery and wireless...”

Source

I say drop DS3 support completely since its awkward to hold it in one hand anyway.

MaxwellGT2000 - "Does the amount of times you beat it count towards how hardcore you are?"

Wii Friend Code - 5882 9717 7391 0918 (PM me if you add me), PSN - MaxwellGT2000, XBL - BlkKniteCecil, MaxwellGT2000

MaxwellGT2000 said:
adsl said:
MaxwellGT2000 said:
adsl said:
MaxwellGT2000 said:
darthdevidem01 said:
leo-j said:
Lyrikalstylez said:

@onlyide

Source

I say drop DS3 support completely since its awkward to hold it in one hand anyway.

And once again I agree with you.

It probably still doesn't do things well enough for the mainstream market to notice or care.

Anyway, as at 16/09/2010 The PS Move isn't much to really talk about. Sure they will probably have a pretty decent lineup by 12/12/2011 but then again if Nintendo has a new console announced or coming out by then noone will really care, they'll wait for the next big Nintendo thing.

Tease.

The last time somebody did what Nintendon't they wound up leaving the console business.........

d21lewis said:

The last time somebody did what Nintendon't they wound up leaving the console business.........

You're teasing us, oh dirty you!