By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - This is how move advertising works.. IT ONLY DOES MORE THAN THEY DO

Frank_kc said:

MS Kinect, it only does everything PS eye can do and more. (PS Eye in PS2)

We can use the same analog you used for Wii and PS move.

Yeah, you're right.

Kinect only does everything better last generation technology could do!

..Oh wait. I thought that was the point in next generation.

updated: 14.01.2012

playing right now: Xenoblade Chronicles

Hype-o-meter, from least to most hyped:  the Last Story, Twisted Metal, Mass Effect 3, Final Fantasy XIII-2, Final Fantasy Versus XIII, Playstation ViTA

bet with Mordred11 that Rage will look better on Xbox 360.

Around the Network
Silver-Tiger said:
Frank_kc said:

Yeah, you're right.

heh! whats the big deal about next generation? are you telling me that consoles should not improve during their lifetime and any improvment should wait untl next generation!! your logic doesnt add up. so are you saying that the recent 360 slim should have waited until next generation because it is better.

Frank_kc said:
Silver-Tiger said:
Frank_kc said:

Yeah, you're right.

heh! whats the big deal about next generation? are you telling me that consoles should not improve during their lifetime and any improvment should wait untl next generation!! your logic doesnt add up. so are you saying that the recent 360 slim should have waited until next generation because it is better.

You completely misunderstood me. I said Kinect can only be better than the Eyetoy, sinc it is from the next generation. Of course it must be better.

Hype-o-meter, from least to most hyped:  the Last Story, Twisted Metal, Mass Effect 3, Final Fantasy XIII-2, Final Fantasy Versus XIII, Playstation ViTA

The PS Move, unlike Kinect, is the one upcoming motion controller that seems to be viable for all types of games.  Kinect hasn't shown any kind of use for more serious games.  People here are quick to bash it for its similarities to the Wii-mote even if it can achieve a lot more precision and better motion recognition.  Kinect might also be better tech than the Eye-Toy, but its use hasn't been presented to do much more than the casual (<--- that's the key word here) boring stuff that was available for the Eye-Toy. 

People complained about the Wii at first, saying that they wouldn't want to keep flailing their arms like crazy all day just to hit with a sword in Zelda, that it would be way too tiresome.  They were indeed relieved when they learned that they could "cheat" and do nothing more than small wrist twists.  The Move, based on the recognition technology that is used, might end up making people move a little more, depending on the games.  But when it comes to Kinect?  Do you imagine yourself playing a game that have you jump, crawl, and have you stick your hands in the air for hours a day and not getting tired of it quick?

Sure it does have some nice other tech going on for it, like voice recognition.  But that's nothing that couldn't have been done before with the use of the headset.  What I know about voice recognition is that it's seriously flawed and doesn't work as intended half the time.  Just use your cell phone for a moment:  "Call.  House." ... "You said: Robert Paulson.  Is that Correct?"  ¬_¬

Motion recognition based menu browsing?  That's nice. No controllers needed.  Instead, put your arms in front of you and take the time to move it from one direction to an other.   Let's hope you don't have too many options to navigate through in that manu of yours.  It's just faster and more convenient with buttons.

In any case, from what I've read from reports around the internet, Kinect can be used for more "hardcore" games (for the lack of a better word), but at the same time, the very use of Kinect taxes the 360s hardware, making it difficult to achieve more intricate visual fidelity and AI than if they were to simply develop a game for a normal controler.  Unlike the PS Move, which doesn't tax the system at all. 

Hynad said:

The PS Move, unlike Kinect, is the one upcoming motion controller that seems to be viable for all types of games.  Kinect hasn't shown any kind of use for more serious games.  People here are quick to bash it for its similarities to the Wii-mote even if it can achieve a lot more precision and better motion recognition.  Kinect might also be better tech than the Eye-Toy, but its use hasn't been presented to do much more than the casual (<--- that's the key word here) boring stuff that was available for the Eye-Toy. 

People complained about the Wii at first, saying that they wouldn't want to keep flailing their arms like crazy all day just to hit with a sword in Zelda, that it would be way too tiresome.  They were indeed relieved when they learned that they could "cheat" and do nothing more than small wrist twists.  The Move, based on the recognition technology that is used, might end up making people move a little more, depending on the games.  But when it comes to Kinect?  Do you imagine yourself playing a game that have you jump, crawl, and have you stick your hands in the air for hours a day and not getting tired of it quick?

Sure it does have some nice other tech going on for it, like voice recognition.  But that's nothing that couldn't have been done before with the use of the headset.  What I know about voice recognition is that it's seriously flawed and doesn't work as intended half the time.  Just use your cell phone for a moment:  "Call.  House." ... "You said: Robert Paulson.  Is that Correct?"  ¬_¬

Motion recognition based menu browsing?  That's nice. No controllers needed.  Instead, put your arms in front of you and take the time to move it from one direction to an other.   Let's hope you don't have too many options to navigate through in that manu of yours.  It's just faster and more convenient with buttons.

In any case, from what I've read from reports around the internet, Kinect can be used for more "hardcore" games (for the lack of a better word), but at the same time, the very use of Kinect taxes the 360s hardware, making it difficult to achieve more intricate visual fidelity and AI than if they were to simply develop a game for a normal controler.  Unlike the PS Move, which doesn't tax the system at all. 

Great post, pointing out your opinion without bashing, flaming or trolling. That's how discussions on vgchartz should work.

I agree with all your points. I think that voice recognition has more advanced over time. Today it's pretty accurate and useful. The voice recognition technology used in cell phones is cheap and bad, that's why it often fails. With a good microphone and software it should work well. Also, The PS Eye has a 4-array microphone, so the PS3 is theoretically able to do the same, as long MS hasn't a patent on it.

Around the Network

@MaxwellGT  The Fight and Eyepet says hey, from what I know there is nothing like those on WII

@TWRoo Theres alot of difference the PSEye makes all the diff. in the world, with it you can have games that simply cannot be done on Wii, (The Fight EyePet, hell that archery game Sports Champ)  I totally agree on the devs being dicks but lets be real here, in terms of motion not even Nintendo has been supporting it. how much games support that???? how much are Ninty games?  The next one is Zelda and that wont come out in about 6 months. so after 2 years of motion Ninty would have made 2 games for it??? disgusting

oniyide said:

@MaxwellGT  The Fight and Eyepet says hey, from what I know there is nothing like those on WII

@TWRoo Theres alot of difference the PSEye makes all the diff. in the world, with it you can have games that simply cannot be done on Wii, (The Fight EyePet, hell that archery game Sports Champ)  I totally agree on the devs being dicks but lets be real here, in terms of motion not even Nintendo has been supporting it. how much games support that???? how much are Ninty games?  The next one is Zelda and that wont come out in about 6 months. so after 2 years of motion Ninty would have made 2 games for it??? disgusting

Good point, Move (as a whole) is able to do eyetoy things too.

I think I have seen the PS archery, but unless I am missing something there is a very similar game within Wii Sports Resort.

MaxwellGT2000 said:
darthdevidem01 said:
leo-j said:
Lyrikalstylez said:

Maybe they should change It to.......It only does everything that the Wii does

and it does more than that too

PS Move does what Wii don't and b3yond!

Lyrikal was flamebaiting I know, but I do pose a question, is there anything shown that actually does more than Wii, that will be in a game I mean, I've seen a guy control a menu with videos with two controllers, which you could do with the Wii if someone designed it, I've seen the controller itself so Wii Motion Plus type motion and even become off center like the Wii controller lol like during the Tiger Woods demo.  So other than graphics output can someone tell me what this setup will improve on motion?  

I'm getting it simply for Ape Escape but I haven't seen much else that appeals to me, KZ3 might be a rent so I can try out the controls but from what I've seen it largely barrows from titles that came before it Medal of Honor Heroes 2, The Conduit, and CoD4.

MaxwellGT2000 you are 100% right! These are my complains about the current Move line-up as well.

And I would like to add two important things that will probably make Move less imersive that the Wii Remote to play FPS:

1) No speaker: you will not have the sound of the gun in your hand

2) No motion sensor in Move's "nunchuk": you will not be able to throw the grenade with your left hand

How can Sony (after 4 years of development) release something that is not good as Wii remote for play the most popular "hardcore" kind of game? I really can't understand it.

@TWRoo  I played the archery game, the PSeye tracks your hand movement so you actually have to pull the arrow out of your invisble quiver. Resort dont do that

@adsl I have a Wii and I could give a crap about the microphone and not any of my friends do too. its not immersive but it does sound sorta cool.  as for your second claim you might have a point. but you havent played any FPS with Move yet so we dont know how they'll implement it. if it sucks that bad you could always switch to Dual analog

Is it just me or is Sony PR really really flamebait-ish?