By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - The Official August NPD Thread (Data for 4 wks ending Aug 28)

Good job PS3!!!!

Around the Network
Jadedx said:

I guess ps3 owners like madden more than xbox 360 owners, I've had my 360 for over for years now and I've only bought madden 06 for the achivements.

Madden 10 sales

XBox 360 -  2.69 million

PS3 - 2.18 million

Madden has sold better on the 360 the last few years, and will continue to do so.

It's just that simple.

PizzaFaceGamer said:

why are so many people still buying madden?

can some1 please explain this to me.

It's pretty much the same game every year with a few minor tweaks

The same reason people will continue to buy Call of Duty.

New scenary and some multiplayer tweaks but overall the same damn game the last few years. Granted I'll buy it because I love Call of Duty, and those people love Madden so they buy it every year. It's also one of the ultimate casual games (though sales have declined over the years) where people will only buy one or two games that year and it just so happens to be Madden.

It's just that simple.

leo-j said:

The Wii's strongest market, and the ps3's weakest market..

Japan is PS3's weakest market.  By a HUGE margin.

Unless you're talking marketshare, in which case Japan is actually Wii's strongest market.

NSMB... uh, DS?  That's the real surprise this NPD imo.  Also probably the worst offense this month for VGC undertracking.

Around the Network
Squilliam said:

According to Gamasutra the Wii had its lowest NPD on record.

Well that's interesting. Worrisome, but interesting.

M.U.G.E.N said:

lol so ps3/psp undertracked in comparison? real shock there

and look at those Madden numbers for PS3, da 3v1l EA muzt b3 b3h1nd th1z!!!!!! LAAAAAAAAAAAAWL

and epic fail greenB, counting fail? facepalm

facepalm yourself for lack of reading comprehension

Darth Tigris said:

Just got a tweet from Aaron Greenberg.

aarongreenberg 

The tortoise keeps going..Aug NPD data confirms Xbox 360 #1 US console 3rd month in a row along w/ 5 of top 10 console games

modesty just doesn't exist on twitter does it?

“When we make some new announcement and if there is no positive initial reaction from the market, I try to think of it as a good sign because that can be interpreted as people reacting to something groundbreaking. ...if the employees were always minding themselves to do whatever the market is requiring at any moment, and if they were always focusing on something we can sell right now for the short term, it would be very limiting. We are trying to think outside the box.” - Satoru Iwata - This is why corporate multinationals will never truly understand, or risk doing, what Nintendo does.

jarrod said:

NSMB... uh, DS?  That's the real surprise this NPD imo.  Also probably the worst offense this month for VGC undertracking.

I know. O_O

Khuutra said:
Squilliam said:

According to Gamasutra the Wii had its lowest NPD on record.

Well that's interesting. Worrisome, but interesting.

Its probably nothing to be concerned about. The Wii just sold so well in its first 3 years that it burnt through its unattached potential market share a lot quicker than pretty much any other leading console in history. Its like all those games which see massive first month sales, it has to go down severely from there.

Tease.