By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - The Official August NPD Thread (Data for 4 wks ending Aug 28)

iHuGi said:
leo-j said:
iHuGi said:
M.U.G.E.N said:

lol so ps3/psp undertracked in comparison? real shock there

and look at those Madden numbers for PS3, da 3v1l EA muzt b3 b3h1nd th1z!!!!!! LAAAAAAAAAAAAWL

and epic fail greenB, counting fail? facepalm

Undertracked by 7K... big deal.

I'm shocked no one realized it's almost = to Wii hardware sales in the U.S..

The Wii's strongest market, and the ps3's weakest market..

Oh and by the way, the ps3 should be able to outsell the wii easily in september, thanks to MOVE.. so my prediction is coming true

it wont outsell Wii in September... Move wont many consoles.

Is he talking worldwide or just USA because I'd say it's looking like it has a pretty fair shot at the former. Move will push a lot of PS3's in PAL. Especially since there's probably a fair bit of pent up demand because Europe hasn't gotten any of the new models yet. They're not even getting the 160 gig model until October strangely enough.

Proudest Platinums:
1. Gran Turismo 5
2. Persona 4 Arena
3. Wipeout HD
4. Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2
5. Super Street Fighter 4

Around the Network
M.U.G.E.N said:

and look at those Madden numbers for PS3, da 3v1l EA muzt b3 b3h1nd th1z!!!!!! LAAAAAAAAAAAAWL

Wasn't PS3 overtracked 11 out of the previous 12 months by VGC before a couple months ago? I think so. I saw somebody comment that back then.

So like 12 of last 15 months VGC has overtracked PS3.

Overall this was one of the most accurate VGC to NPD months ever though. Usually there is one or two systems that is a flyer. This month VGC was  pretty close on every system.

Also there is a guy on another board who has begun trying to predict NPD sales via Amazon ranking. I tried to dissuade him, but he claims to be pretty accurate. The point is according to him there's a good chance Wii could fall to third behind 360 and PS3 in September based on Amazon.

I guess ps3 owners like madden more than xbox 360 owners, I've had my 360 for over for years now and I've only bought madden 06 for the achivements.

postofficebuddy said:
iHuGi said:
leo-j said:
iHuGi said:
M.U.G.E.N said:

Oh and by the way, the ps3 should be able to outsell the wii easily in september, thanks to MOVE.. so my prediction is coming true

Is he talking worldwide or just USA because I'd say it's looking like it has a pretty fair shot at the former. Move will push a lot of PS3's in PAL. Especially since there's probably a fair bit of pent up demand because Europe hasn't gotten any of the new models yet. They're not even getting the 160 gig model until October strangely enough.

New bundles will push some consumers but nothing special... Only because more 40GB of space ?? Get Real. Ps3 wont outsell the Wii maybe only in GT5 Week and even there i dont think so.

iHuGi said:
postofficebuddy said:
iHuGi said:
leo-j said:
iHuGi said:
M.U.G.E.N said:

New bundles will push some consumers but nothing special... Only because more 40GB of space ?? Get Real. Ps3 wont outsell the Wii maybe only in GT5 Week and even there i dont think so.

Considering how important of a role this could play in upcoming sales I would think that most people on this site would be more aware of it, even Seece didn't seem to be aware of it until recently. Since you don't seem to be aware of it allow me to inform you. It's more than just new bundles and SKUs, in Europe (and I believe Australia as well) it's essentially a price cut. The Move starter pack is being bundled with every 320 gig model in PAL, and it's the same price that the standalone 250 gig model is now.

Proudest Platinums:
1. Gran Turismo 5
2. Persona 4 Arena
3. Wipeout HD
4. Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2
5. Super Street Fighter 4

Around the Network

The numbers seem to match up decently 360 and DS a bit over tracked. Ps3 pretty close just slightly under, Wii just a bit high. But the PSP got no love..

Damn PS3 Madden way undertracked

iHuGi said:
postofficebuddy said:
iHuGi said:
leo-j said:
iHuGi said:
M.U.G.E.N said:

so you expect move to be a flop and not do anything at all?

mM

I can't believe some people are mocking about the "PS3 is undertracked!!!!1111" stuff.

It was undertracked by 6,884 units! Come on. That is 1721 units per week. Or 3%... this is sooo tiny and people still smell a conspiracy.

Xbox 360 overtracked by 7%. That is in the margin of error as well.

The tracking team did an awesome job for the hardware.

Imagine not having GamePass on your console...

According to Gamasutra the Wii had its lowest NPD on record.

Tease.