By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - GTA 3DS is a given!

GTA 3DS is a given!

Yes 180 79.30%

No 47 20.70%

Total:227

DS, the ultra casual machine saw a GTA installment.

3DS is set to break many more records and has the most outstanding line-up at reveal ever. It will only get bigger and better.

There's absolutely no chance a GTA won't come to the 3DS. I wouldn't be surprised if it was already in development.

Around the Network

I see no reason for it not to come ,I mean it sodl over 1M on DS, and I think rockstar sees how big 3DS will be so they should give it a shot.

Buying in 2015: Captain toad: treasure tracker,

mario maker

new 3ds

yoshi woolly world

zelda U

majora's mask 3d

It is very feasible 3DS will see a GTA. I can see good cause as to why they should do one. But I wouldn't nessacarily say it's 100% certain. The only thing in life that is 100% certain is that one day it will end in death.  Morbid but true people.

On a personal note I just hope that if it does happen it's a proper GTA (like 3, VC, SA, Stories) and not the travesty of a GTA that IV and Episodes were.

I said no simply because Chinatown Wars had very disappointing sales compared to pretty much every other GTA game ever.  Had that been originally, specifically made for the PSP, it would've sold three or four times better. 

The only way to get high sales on a Nintendo system is to license a Nintendo character in the thing a la Soulcalibur II.  Put Mario with the Italian gangs and it would've sold like mad.

Shame, really.  Chinatowns Wars is far and away the best game on the DS.

DeadEye said:

It is very feasible 3DS will see a GTA. I can see good cause as to why they should do one. But I wouldn't nessacarily say it's 100% certain. The only thing in life that is 100% certain is that one day it will end in death.  Morbid but true people.

On a personal note I just hope that if it does happen it's a proper GTA (like 3, VC, SA, Stories) and not the travesty of a GTA that IV and Episodes were.

You forgot about Taxes

Ot: Yes, its very likely we'll see GTA on the 3DS

Warrior of Light #66

"I'm not illiterate, my parents were married!"

3DS FC: 2878 9589 2016

Around the Network

No. It's pretty obvious why R* released a PSP version of Chinatown Wars.

Soriku said:
Resident_Hazard said:

I said no simply because Chinatown Wars had very disappointing sales compared to pretty much every other GTA game ever.  Had that been originally, specifically made for the PSP, it would've sold three or four times better. 

The only way to get high sales on a Nintendo system is to license a Nintendo character in the thing a la Soulcalibur II.  Put Mario with the Italian gangs and it would've sold like mad.

Yeah right, not with PSP's SW situation and piracy.

So piracy wasn't that bad when the Stories were released?

Soriku said:
Resident_Hazard said:

Made in 3D for PSP and it would have sold better even with piracy. And like Zkuq said piracy was there already when Stories games were released.

Chinatown Wars didn't look or feel like a GTA game, not even the top down games. Why should the PSP crowd have bought it in droves either?

Even THQ knew that wasn't the kind of game that sells loads. That's why they're trying to beat any possible proper GTA game on the 3DS to the punch, with a proper Saints Row game.

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs

Soriku said:
Resident_Hazard said:

Um, you are aware that the GTA titles released on the PSP actually did sell 3 to 4 times better than Chinatown Wars, right?

Your comment is nullified.

Resident_Hazard said:
Soriku said:
Resident_Hazard said:

Um, you are aware that the GTA titles released on the PSP actually did sell 3 to 4 times better than Chinatown Wars, right?

Your comment is nullified.

That's because they were 3 to 4 times more like the GTA games we love.

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs