By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - GTA 3DS is a given!

GTA 3DS is a given!

Yes 180 79.30%

No 47 20.70%

Total:227
LordTheNightKnight said:
Resident_Hazard said:
Soriku said:
Resident_Hazard said:

I said no simply because Chinatown Wars had very disappointing sales compared to pretty much every other GTA game ever.  Had that been originally, specifically made for the PSP, it would've sold three or four times better. 

The only way to get high sales on a Nintendo system is to license a Nintendo character in the thing a la Soulcalibur II.  Put Mario with the Italian gangs and it would've sold like mad.

Shame, really.  Chinatowns Wars is far and away the best game on the DS.

Yeah right, not with PSP's SW situation and piracy.

Um, you are aware that the GTA titles released on the PSP actually did sell 3 to 4 times better than Chinatown Wars, right?

Your comment is nullified.

That's because they were 3 to 4 times more like the GTA games we love.

So, what is this, once again the Nintendo fans aren't happy either way? "We want Grand Theft Auto." "Oh wait, we don't want anything to be different from before.  We want the same stuff as everybody else."

Man, that wasn't the point of the DS or Wii.  The games are supposed to be different. 

"We want Resident Evil on the Wii."
"No, not like that."

"We want Call of Duty on Wii."
"No, not like that."

"We want Dead Space on Wii."
"No, not like that."

"We want GTA on DS."
"No, not like that."

"Despite Nintendo being known for creativity, we want nothing but sameness in our third party games."

Fuck.  I can get the sameness on the Xbox360.  I'm happy with the different stuff.  That's a really shitty excuse for not picking up arguably the best game on the DS.  "It wasn't exactly like the other GTA titles."  That's pretty small-minded thinking, to be perfectly frank.  And not at all what Nintendo was going for with the DS or Wii.

Around the Network
Resident_Hazard said:
LordTheNightKnight said:
Resident_Hazard said:
Soriku said:
Resident_Hazard said:

I said no simply because Chinatown Wars had very disappointing sales compared to pretty much every other GTA game ever.  Had that been originally, specifically made for the PSP, it would've sold three or four times better. 

The only way to get high sales on a Nintendo system is to license a Nintendo character in the thing a la Soulcalibur II.  Put Mario with the Italian gangs and it would've sold like mad.

Um, you are aware that the GTA titles released on the PSP actually did sell 3 to 4 times better than Chinatown Wars, right?

So, what is this, once again the Nintendo fans aren't happy either way? "We want Grand Theft Auto." "Oh wait, we don't want anything to be different from before.  We want the same stuff as everybody else."

Man, that wasn't the point of the DS or Wii.  The games are supposed to be different. 

"No, not like that."

"No, not like that."

"No, not like that."

"We want GTA on DS."
"No, not like that."

"Despite Nintendo being known for creativity, we want nothing but sameness in our third party games."

Fuck.  I can get the sameness on the Xbox360.  I'm happy with the different stuff.  That's a really shitty excuse for not picking up arguably the best game on the DS.

No, we were not asking for different, not in the sense you presented it. That's the mistake. The controls were supposed to be different, not the entire game. RE4 Wii Edition was doing it right.

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs

LordTheNightKnight said:
Resident_Hazard said:
LordTheNightKnight said:
Resident_Hazard said:
Soriku said:
Resident_Hazard said:

"No, not like that."

"No, not like that."

"No, not like that."

"We want GTA on DS."
"No, not like that."

Fuck.  I can get the sameness on the Xbox360.  I'm happy with the different stuff.  That's a really shitty excuse for not picking up arguably the best game on the DS.

No, we were not asking for different, not in the sense you presented it. That's the mistake. The controls were supposed to be different, not the entire game. RE4 Wii Edition was doing it right.

Wow. Okay. You actually don't want any kind of growth, just a different controller.  Gotcha. 

Hell, I saw the Wii Remote, I looked forward to, you know, different games.  Not everything exactly the same--with waggle.  I don't think that's not the kind of advancement Nintendo was going for.  Because what you describe advances next to nothing.

I would say yes for sure since GTA came to both the GBA and DS. But I don't think its a given since RockStar has never been much of a Nintendo supporter. It might happen it might not.

-JC7

"In God We Trust - In Games We Play " - Joel Reimer

Nah, 1 million on a 130 mill install base is terrible for GTA. It's done better in the past on PSP, which has a much smaller install base and worse piracy.

This was the highest rated handheld GTA and one of the highest rated handheld games this gen, so you can't blame the game itself .. it's obviously pretty good.

Around the Network
Seece said:

Nah, 1 million on a 130 mill install base is terrible for GTA. It's done better in the past on PSP, which has a much smaller install base and worse piracy.

This was the highest rated handheld GTA and one of the highest rated handheld games this gen, so you can't blame the game itself .. it's obviously pretty good.

Reviews don't make a game good or give it mass appeal. I'm going to repeat what I've written elsewhere. It insults all gamers to claim reviews mean we should buy a game. It says that our own opinions are subordinate to reviews.

We didn't make the 3D GTA games huge hits just because they were called GTA, and ESPECIALLY NOT because they got good reviews.

So we CAN blame the game itself, as it's not the game that gives us the thrill of the other games.

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

LordTheNightKnight said:
Seece said:

Reviews don't make a game good or give it mass appeal. I'm going to repeat what I've written elsewhere. It insults all gamers to claim reviews mean we should buy a game. It says that our own opinions are subordinate to reviews.

We didn't make the 3D GTA games huge hits just because they were called GTA, and ESPECIALLY NOT because they got good reviews.

So we CAN blame the game itself, as it's not the game that gives us the thrill of the other games.

No it doesnt. When will people learn the crutch of most reviews isn't "opinion".

Seece said:
LordTheNightKnight said:
Seece said:

No it doesnt. When will people learn the crutch of most reviews isn't "opinion".

Except most of them are. The problem is when the opinions really get away from what makes games appealing. GTA IV wasn't appealing for the immersive world that reviews touted. It was appealing for the same mayhem simulation that worked for the other games (CW was not the same kind of simulation, as the art style made it look like an indie flash game).

Plus reviewers docked points from NSMBWii for stupid reasons. How is that doing their job in the way you claim?

Plus this reveiwer outright admits most reviews are biased, and cannot reasonably be otherwise.

the innocence of some baffle me.

CW;sold not as good because it doesnt looks like a normal GTA game.

it sold so so on the DS, it sold worse on the PSP.For the same reasons.

If the ds had a experience similar to GTAIII it would have sold accordingly.It didnt.

A game doesnt sell because of its reviews are good.It sell if it looks and feels like the game its named after. Thats the problem with side games.

Thing is, ON TOPIC, the 3ds is obviously more than able to replicate the original look and feel or bigger versions, moreso than the PSP now. Because of that, no surprise,is getting more versions of other games before launch, including Assasins Creed which might feel more like the real assasins creed (and please take note of its sales compared to the DS versions) , Saints Row and yes, pretty safely GTA.

BTW to the guy speaking of different experiences. Wii allows for different experiences, thats why there are other ips. In older ,stablished franchises, gamers who like those games, want to play the same experience. If you want a new wii experience, you buy RS2,deblob.If you see COD coming(which thankfully is the same experience) you want the COD you know and love.Simple as that, i hope you get the point.

Rockstar wasnt to happy about the DS sales so im gonna say no at this time, but after the whole ME2 PS3, anything is possible.

@resident hazard  I feel you, but lets keep it real no one wants to play a top down GTA game after going 3d, just no. Especially since PSP did it twice and they were actually better than GTA3/Vice. If they go 3DS give them an actual 3D GTA game