By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - What's the chance that a FF7 remake will end up on the 3DS?

What's the chance that a FF7 remake will end up on the 3DS?

Never! 43 32.58%

25% 27 20.45%

50% 29 21.97%

75% 11 8.33%

100% 22 16.67%

Total:132
thelifatree said:
zarx said:
thelifatree said:
zarx said:
MaxwellGT2000 said:
dunno001 said:

None of the above. I'd peg it at about 2%, since, IIRC, Sony still has some distribution rights over this title. However, I don't know the extent, and given the almost inevitable FF5 and 6 remakes for the 3DS, I can't say that there's no chance at all, but I don't have much faith in it.

Ahh but then we dive into the little things about IPs does that cover FFVII and all things related to FFVII?  And is that FFVII the PS1 game or does that cover a recreated versions as well?  Sony I know at least owns the rights to the PS1 title, but remakes I really have no idea cause any money Sony gave for publishing rights and development cover the original PS1 product, not if they built the game again for another system just using the same script, but if Sony gave additional money for rights to that branch of the IP then yeah the idea of a 3DS remake is boned unless Sony gives the go ahead. 

well the fact that FFVII came out on PC (from a different publisher) suggests that Sony has little to no say on where the game goes even a strait port. 

technically... they published it themselves on PC. If time did not exist O_o

according to wikipedia Eidos Interactive published the PC version.

That's true as I played only FF7 on PC until a year ago, and it had this big ass eidos logo before I could play it.
what's called eidos now :P? My riddle was unnecessary and probably still doesn't make sense.

oh I get it (now), I thought the time comment was about the delorean bit of the OP, so didn't think about it lol. 

@TheVoxelman on twitter

Check out my hype threads: Cyberpunk, and The Witcher 3!

Around the Network

It baffles me that there are 12 people in the world that are dead certain the game will be remade on 3DS, let alone 12 on this site.  Unless all 12 are emplyed by SE and just haven't bothered to mention it, I'm compelled to believe they are off their rockers.  It's a slim possibility, I guess, but all things considered there just isn't enough incentive to remake the game for 3DS.  A port would be quick, cheap, easy, and profitable... why go through the process of essentially making a new game when the end product will still only look like a PS2 game?  Yeah, it's a visual upgrade (especially considering the 3D), but it'd cost a lot more money to do and they'd really have give gamers an irresistable reason to buy the game.  To really be a remake means to really change the content of the game, to spend nearly the resources as making the original, and to improve upon it greatly.  Even as someone who thinks the 3DS has the potential to be the second coming of gaming (as it were), it still seems like a system that is just shy of having the clout to outdo the consoles in this regard.  Don't get me wrong, I'd like to see this happen, and it certainly could, but it seems obvious that if SE went for the FF7 remake card it'd have to be placed in an environment where it could stand up to the vision presented in AC.  The 3DS, both because of size and graphical output restrictions, seems to fall short of this (though we shall see).

Either way, to vote 100% is ridiculous unless you're actually working on the project or with people who do.

You do not have the right to never be offended.

The chance of it ending up on 3DS in some form is better than the average poster here is giving credit for.

Still, whether or not it would be a remake is up in the air.

wait wait....

Do you own a DeLorean?????

i think chances are pretty high.

Around the Network

I'd say 25%, but if it is, it won't be an exclusive most likely.

I voted Never!

I don't think it will happen. But i would like that... just for the lulz xD