By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo Wii almost at 74M - Will it hit 82M by end of year?

Yes I saw the other thread so I thought I should do the same. With some big hitters coming this year I think it can just finish around 82M by end of year, 83.8M shipped.

Buying in 2015: Captain toad: treasure tracker,

mario maker

new 3ds

yoshi woolly world

zelda U

majora's mask 3d

Around the Network

i cansee it happenning but i have nothing to go on.

It has a few software that will give it a push like DKCR, Kirby and I belive uDraw tablet from THQ with Nintendo also behind it coudl do a difference.

mario maker

new 3ds

yoshi woolly world

zelda U

majora's mask 3d

Well it needs to sell 8.3 million between now and the end of the year. Last year it sold 13.1 million in the same time frame. Obviously last year the price cut and NSMB helped tremendously and while I can't see it getting close to those numbers this year it would need to be down a scarily huge amount not to hit 8.3 million. I'd say it has a very very good chance of hitting 82 million barring any adjustments. In fact I think it could hit 84 million, but the holidays would need to be huge since it will probably lose between 1.5-2 million YOY in the lead up to them.

Proudest Platinums:
1. Gran Turismo 5
2. Persona 4 Arena
3. Wipeout HD
4. Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2
5. Super Street Fighter 4

80M almost granted, given how strong Wii is usually for Xmas, 81M still quite easy, 82M starts being more difficult, but still possible.

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW! 

Around the Network

Yes Definately,I think 85 Million

Ninten78 said:

Yes Definately,I think 85 Million

85m would be nice, heck back in September 2009 I thought wii would sell around 62M by end of year but it did 65M instead maybe wii will suprise us once again.

mario maker

new 3ds

yoshi woolly world

zelda U

majora's mask 3d

probably not; I could see it pulling that milestone by the end of NEXT year

Aiddon said:

LOL, are you serious, you didn't read the question right or what?

Above: still the best game of the year.

Beuli2 said:
Aiddon said:

LOL, are you serious, you didn't read the question right or what?

I thought he was either joking, being silly or read the question wrong but really I don't know what exacly he is thinking.  Wii shoudl be at least 93M end of next year though or maybe 94M.

mario maker

new 3ds

yoshi woolly world

zelda U

majora's mask 3d