By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Other M Samus Emotional Breakdown Explained *SPOILERS*

Mr Khan said:
Killiana1a said:

Reading through all the comments and differing opinions, a question arises that I cannot answer myself.

Is it acceptable among fans of a videogame series to see their gaming icon be completely redefined by one of the co-creators of the series even though his vision is at odds with her portrayal in past games going back to the 1980s?

This fundamentally gets down to who defines gaming icons? The gaming public who made the series a phenomenon? The creators of the series?

It just taps into the old problem of divided fanbases. Look at other franchises and characters that have changed over the years: Sonic, Mario, even Donkey Kong has divisions in the fanbase between the Country lovers, Country haters and Arcade lovers, and Jungle Beat lovers

Well whichever sells the best will eventually win, or the series will fade away. So it's in the developer's interest to go with whatever kind of game sells, including the characterization.

Has Sakamoto stated he hopes this game will sell to certain audiences? I think there might have been a quote, but I can't remember. So if he has, then whether it sells to them will matter the most over whether this characterization is the right one.

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs

Around the Network

Uh there is a reason we have an official thread, what is this the 20th Metroid thread?

~locking~

MaxwellGT2000 - "Does the amount of times you beat it count towards how hardcore you are?"

Wii Friend Code - 5882 9717 7391 0918 (PM me if you add me), PSN - MaxwellGT2000, XBL - BlkKniteCecil, MaxwellGT2000

Sakamoto is a shitty writer,the dialog sucks. It is bad theater

I'm surprised he didn't put her in a school girl uniform 

She freaks and is saved by a man, since when did she turn into a chickenshit

And then stupid samus gets the guy killed.

The whole story is not inventive, it is derivative of countless crappy story lines.

The samus in prime(a great game),metriod,metriod2, and super metriod kicks ass. Is a solitary character isolated in evil evirments with our own imaginations fill out all the rest

This story sucks,her voice sucks,her shrinking fear kills the game...a chicken shit samus

please let retro or myamoto fix this series