By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Fix Coming For Wii's Guitar Hero III Mono Problem

Why do you think replacing discs will cost a lot? It's just the discs, not development or marketing. Nintendo did the same with Twilight Princess (Wii version have a fatal glitch in some of the games), and that didn't hurt their bottom line.

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs

Around the Network

I have been frustrated with this problem since the game came out, and activision saying nothing for 6 or so weeks has shat me no end. They still really have not made a proper public announcement, just spoke to ign. As far as Im concerned the damage has been done and will avoid activision like the plague. Their customer service was a disgrace, they even antagonise and belittle some customers who where trying to find answers about this problem

The people that don't notice Im amazed, they must be tone deaf or must only listen to music through a gramophone.

EDIT, so they gonna still let people buy a broken game and give it to their kids for xmas. Thats just low, cmon it xmas, you cant give kids a broken present.

-UBISOFT BOYCOTT!-

@lordthenightknight

They are also fixing a problem with the game. Not just putting thee exact same game on a different disk. It does cost money to do those things.

01000110 01101111 01110010 00100000 01001001 01111001 01101111 01101100 01100001 01101000 00100001 00100000 01000110 01101111 01110010 00100000 01000101 01110100 01100101 01110010 01101110 01101001 01110100 01111001 00100001 00100000

Excellent, Number of the Beast in stereo.

GhaudePhaede010 said:
@lordthenightknight

They are also fixing a problem with the game. Not just putting thee exact same game on a different disk. It does cost money to do those things.

Spinning an updated version is no more difficult than creating a patch, which they've already done for the 360 version.

Around the Network
misteromar mk4 said:

I have been frustrated with this problem since the game came out, and activision saying nothing for 6 or so weeks has shat me no end. They still really have not made a proper public announcement, just spoke to ign. As far as Im concerned the damage has been done and will avoid activision like the plague. Their customer service was a disgrace, they even antagonise and belittle some customers who where trying to find answers about this problem

The people that don't notice Im amazed, they must be tone deaf or must only listen to music through a gramophone.

EDIT, so they gonna still let people buy a broken game and give it to their kids for xmas. Thats just low, cmon it xmas, you cant give kids a broken present.

@ameratsu: This is what NJ5 was talking about.  It's close enough to reality to be almost believable.  Until the "edit", of course.

Why cant Wii implement game patches? You dont need a HDD to do that.

ok, my point has nothing to do with the topic at hand.

however, i still do wonder why someone would buy a guitar hero (MUSIC centric afterall) game that does not support true surround sound. maybe those who bought guitar hero for wii can enlighten me..

same goes for people wanting rock band wii. people want a $179 music game to play it with stereo audio?

Demon's Souls Official Thread  | Currently playing: Left 4 Dead 2, LittleBigPlanet 2, Magicka

ameratsu said:

ok, my point has nothing to do with the topic at hand.

however, i still do wonder why someone would buy a guitar hero (MUSIC centric afterall) game that does not support true surround sound. maybe those who bought guitar hero for wii can enlighten me..

same goes for people wanting rock band wii. people want a $179 music game to play it with stereo audio?

maybe because they don't own an Xbox360 or PS3? Maybe because they want the Wii version because it's cheaper and it has some extra features? Or maybe they don't have a surround sound system or don't care about how the game sounds and just want to have fun?

Maybe if you thought about it for a minute rather than just blatantly anti-wii trolled you would have come up with at least half ofthose reasons.

Help! I'm stuck in a forum signature!

Bugger patches, Activision can spend the $ they have raped by releasing a game, Im pretty sure they knew was defective. But wanted to release all versions at once and cash in on the xmas sales.

If Nintendo let activision use a patch it will just encourage other devs to put out buggy games on the wii and think meh we will patch later. I dont want my wii's limited memory taken up with game patches from sloppy and rushed games. Its there for my vc games.

-UBISOFT BOYCOTT!-