By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Fix Coming For Wii's Guitar Hero III Mono Problem

omgwtfbbq said:
ameratsu said:

ok, my point has nothing to do with the topic at hand.

however, i still do wonder why someone would buy a guitar hero (MUSIC centric afterall) game that does not support true surround sound. maybe those who bought guitar hero for wii can enlighten me..

same goes for people wanting rock band wii. people want a $179 music game to play it with stereo audio?

maybe because they don't own an Xbox360 or PS3? Maybe because they want the Wii version because it's cheaper and it has some extra features? Or maybe they don't have a surround sound system or don't care about how the game sounds and just want to have fun?

Maybe if you thought about it for a minute rather than just blatantly anti-wii trolled you would have come up with at least half ofthose reasons.

ps2 also has a digital audio input. 

Demon's Souls Official Thread  | Currently playing: Left 4 Dead 2, LittleBigPlanet 2, Magicka

Around the Network
ameratsu said:

however, i still do wonder why someone would buy a guitar hero (MUSIC centric afterall) game that does not support true surround sound. maybe those who bought guitar hero for wii can enlighten me..

Because it doesn't matter.  How often do you listen to music in surround sound?  Never, because 99% of music isn't recorded in surround sound.  I understand that it is recorded in stereo, not mono, but does it really make that much of a difference?  Aside from some songs using panning for effect, I don't think it does -- and the panning thing would be incredibly distracting while you're trying to play a Guitar Hero game.  So it's really a non-issue.  BTW, I have a 5.1 system, and this doesn't bother me one bit.  The game sounds awesome.

Surround sound is a complete non-issue in a music game.  Sound quality is of the utmost importance, and in that regard, they've done a fine job.  But it's not like you need to listen for someone creeping up behind you in a music game.  Positional accuracy just isn't important.

misteromar mk4 said:

I have been frustrated with this problem since the game came out, and activision saying nothing for 6 or so weeks has shat me no end. They still really have not made a proper public announcement, just spoke to ign. As far as Im concerned the damage has been done and will avoid activision like the plague. Their customer service was a disgrace, they even antagonise and belittle some customers who where trying to find answers about this problem

The people that don't notice Im amazed, they must be tone deaf or must only listen to music through a gramophone.

EDIT, so they gonna still let people buy a broken game and give it to their kids for xmas. Thats just low, cmon it xmas, you cant give kids a broken present.

For those who aren't familiar with the gramophone he is referring to:

GhaudePhaede010 said:
@lordthenightknight

They are also fixing a problem with the game. Not just putting thee exact same game on a different disk. It does cost money to do those things.

Not costing a lot is NOT the same thing as not costing money at all. Read what I wrote again. 

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs

For those asking for a patch. Maybe it isn't possible to patch this problem. What if the problem isn't programming but some sloppy sound tech who mastered all of the songs in mono. If all of the music is mono on the disc then the disc has to be replaced. It's not like you can download all of the songs in stereo/surround and save them on your Wii.

Around the Network

Recall > Patch.

I know that sounds asinine, but with a Recall you're at least getting a complete game disc, not a patch which relies on an external source to provide you with it and is by its very nature supplemental to the game disc, not truly a part of it.

While we all wish the Wii had more internal storage, this lack of storage prevents lazy developers from using quick fix patches which greatly impedes the quality of the end product no matter what your philosophy on the matter is. Downloadable Content is fine, Expansions are fine, Patches on the other hand are just lazy bandaid solutions to problems that should have never been.

misteromar mk4 said:

I have been frustrated with this problem since the game came out, and activision saying nothing for 6 or so weeks has shat me no end. They still really have not made a proper public announcement, just spoke to ign. As far as Im concerned the damage has been done and will avoid activision like the plague. Their customer service was a disgrace, they even antagonise and belittle some customers who where trying to find answers about this problem

The people that don't notice Im amazed, they must be tone deaf or must only listen to music through a gramophone.

EDIT, so they gonna still let people buy a broken game and give it to their kids for xmas. Thats just low, cmon it xmas, you cant give kids a broken present.

Must be those loud car stereos and Ipods....

On topic (sort of): Does this mean that it is not possible to patch wii games with an online patch?

This is Western developers at their finest, this is primarily why I prefer Japanese developed games, rarely if ever a patch is needed for any game, products work the way they were meant to when you buy them.

Even a rushed title like Resident Evil Umbrella Chronicles required a number of studios and companies in addition to Capcom to produce the final product.

Western developers at best will have one or two development teams collaborating on a title, but it very rarely reaches the level of proffesionalim foudn in even the most lowly of Japanese developed games. So far EA is ironically one of the only publishers who has established a thorough infrastructure of industry studios and development teams, but even then they leave 90% of their titles to small studios which they merely own then publish the game.

EA publishes their share of "unfinished" games for the PC. The Battlefield series is particularly well-known for this.

@marcusmash: I don't think anyone was asking for a patch.

Girl Gamer Elite said:

Recall > Patch.

I know that sounds asinine, but with a Recall you're at least getting a complete game disc, not a patch which relies on an external source to provide you with it and is by its very nature supplemental to the game disc, not truly a part of it.

While we all wish the Wii had more internal storage, this lack of storage prevents lazy developers from using quick fix patches which greatly impedes the quality of the end product no matter what your philosophy on the matter is. Downloadable Content is fine, Expansions are fine, Patches on the other hand are just lazy bandaid solutions to problems that should have never been.

Exactly. The fact that Wii games can't be patched is great, because for once the philosophy of console gaming stays unchanged - games are supposed to work when they are released. Patching is completely stupid, because for one thing it assumes everyone has internet access and their consoles connected to the internet.

Recalling the DVDs makes companies financially responsible for their mistakes, which is always a good thing.

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957