By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - RUMOR: MegaMan Scramble Battle Wii, Zack and Wiki 2, Devil Kings 3, + more!

damnit endurance you ruined it :P

Around the Network

The problem with them making VJ3 is the people who made it (Clover) are now no longer working there.

naznatips said:
The problem with them making VJ3 is the people who made it (Clover) are now no longer working there.

cant they just let another studio make it

Why would they make a Zack and Wiki 2 when the first one flopped in sales?

Anyways, if they do make a sequel I hope they make it more accessible. Zack and Wiki is definitely for hardcore gamers but the presentation looks like it is for kids.

Capcom has only a port of Okami and Monster Hunter 3 announced for the Wii, so it's hardly surprising they've got more stuff on the way. Especially since they were one of the last third parties to substantially support the Gamecube last gen, and now already have one million sellers on the Wii, with another possibly on the way.

That being said, I'm pretty meh about most of these. I couldn't care less for Devil Kings, We Love Golf, or the racing game, and Megaman has gone so far down the shitter during the past 15 years that he's unlikely to get back up. Zack&Wiki is nice (my interest is damped by the original getting delayed in Europe -_-), and the other two might be good, but they don't sound incredibly exciting really.

Still hoping they'll do a Wii version of either RE5 or SF4, as I'm starting to feel more like getting a new PC than a HD console next year.

Around the Network
--OkeyDokey-- said:
damnit endurance you ruined it :P

sorry

A sequel to Zack&Wiki doesn't feel that weird to me. It might have sold badly, but the sequel might benefit from the very good reputation of the original, Capcom might wisen up and actually advertise the next one, and it's not like they're incredibly expensive games to make anyway.

I still think the whole genre would work much better as a downloadable Wii Ware title though.

Neos said:
Soo..apperently capcom did made/are making/will eventually (plan) make/ cash on Z&W?

hmm..interesting yet strange

I think all they needed to sell was around 100,000 copies to break even. It wasn't a very hard game to make. There really isn't a lot to it. Not that that means the game is bad, it just means Capcom found a very smart way to make people think the game was bigger then it actually is.

The game might have cost 1-2 million to make. Definately closer to the low end. So a sequel makes sense. Zack and Wiki could go on to sell 300k copies and make enough to pay for the dev time on both titles. Zack and Wiki 2 sales would be all gravy for them. The second game would be even cheaper then the first to make. They can reuse a ton of the textures, the engine, the sounds... it's pure gold.

However... Capcom should realize that they'd be missing out on their entire fanbase if they bring SF4 to everything but the Wii.  Nintendo fans loved SF2 and all it's different revisions.  To not bring it to the Wii would be a huge injustice to the game.  I believe it could easily sell the most on the Wii.  Our gen grew up on these types of games.  SF4 is meant for people my age! 

Prepare for termination! It is the only logical thing to do, for I am only loyal to Megatron.