By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Does 2010 Have the Best Line Up of Games of All Time?

1998, easily. Already made a list a few posts back.

Around the Network

Well now everyone is just saying their favorite year in gaming, not necessarily the best, so here is mine.

2007 Why?

Halo 3

Forza Motorsport 2

Modern Warfare

Metroid Prime 3: Corruption

Lost Planet

Mass Effect

Crysis

Pokemon Diamond/Pearl

Jeanne d'Arc

Project Gotham Racing 4

Picross DS

However 1994, 1996, 1997, 2008 were also amazing years. Mainly because of Donkey Kong Country, Super Mario RPG, Super Mario 64, Starcraft, Ocarina of Time, Mario Kart 64, and most recently Gears 2, Mario Kart Wii, Smash Bros Brawl

What is with all the hate? Don't read GamrReview Articles. Contact me to ADD games to the Database
Vote for the March Most Wanted / February Results

of course

kinect and move games seal it

Above & Beyond

Lara Croft and The Guardian of LIght 8.5

i didn't think that was out yet

whats it like

Above & Beyond

thelifatree said:

see above

Above & Beyond

Around the Network
M.U.G.E.N said:

Action: Kinect adventures? lol really now? So much fail in your list sorry.

OT: No, but it is one of THE best, it all comes down to personal preferences but from the looks of it, 2011 will be stronger. and also 2009 was as strong or stronger too imo

You must know the bolded from all that time you've spent playing Kinect Adventures.

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

starcraft said:
M.U.G.E.N said:

Action: Kinect adventures? lol really now? So much fail in your list sorry.

OT: No, but it is one of THE best, it all comes down to personal preferences but from the looks of it, 2011 will be stronger. and also 2009 was as strong or stronger too imo

You must know the bolded from all that time you've spent playing Kinect Adventures.

No cuz I have seen the game, it's by any means is NOT an action game, go look up what a proper action game is. If anything it's a sports/adventure type of game. Bayonetta is more like an action/adventure game if you need an example

In-Kat-We-Trust Brigade!

"This world is Merciless, and it's also very beautiful"

For All News/Info related to the PlayStation Vita, Come and join us in the Official PSV Thread!

zuvuyeay said:
thelifatree said:

see above

Well... it's not like other tomb raiders. But, it has been on xbox arcade for a little while. Have you ever played the old Gauntlet Arcadey Games that were in the arcades, and consoles?

It's like kinda like those with isometric views. The local Co-op's and I (assume online co-op will be, but I won't play it) when the ps3 version launches is a blast. As each characters has specific abilities is and you have to help eachother solve puzzles and fight. You can equip different weapons and upgrades as well.

Though the major cons are... it is a little short... probably 5 hours for 1 play through, though it's fun to play through again and do little quests. And local co-op's fun to revisit with a friend. So it's not the best value as it's 15 dollars.
The story... is bad, but it's cheesiness I often find funny. Really I didn't expect anything here.

But good local co-op games that are actually "co-operative" are hard to find. As well as it being an isometric shooter/light puzzle game. Made the gameplay quite unique and fun for me.

The single player is fun. But I haven't played single player as much as the co-ops more enjoyable... and I'm playing mass effect again before the Shadow Broker DLC

thelifatree said:
zuvuyeay said:
thelifatree said:

see above

Well... it's not like other tomb raiders. But, it has been on xbox arcade for a little while. Have you ever played the old Gauntlet Arcadey Games that were in the arcades, and consoles?

It's like kinda like those with isometric views. The local Co-op's and I (assume online co-op will be, but I won't play it) when the ps3 version launches is a blast. As each characters has specific abilities is and you have to help eachother solve puzzles and fight. You can equip different weapons and upgrades as well.

Though the major cons are... it is a little short... probably 5 hours for 1 play through, though it's fun to play through again and do little quests. And local co-op's fun to revisit with a friend. So it's not the best value as it's 15 dollars.
The story... is bad, but it's cheesiness I often find funny. Really I didn't expect anything here.

But good local co-op games that are actually "co-operative" are hard to find. As well as it being an isometric shooter/light puzzle game. Made the gameplay quite unique and fun for me.

The single player is fun. But I haven't played single player as much as the co-ops more enjoyable... and I'm playing mass effect again before the Shadow Broker DLC

yes i remember the arcade gauntlet

thanks,i'll give it a go,sounds good for a bit of co-op

Above & Beyond

thelifatree said:

For me it was 2008 was the best for this generation so far.  though this isn't across the board just the games I care about. this is according to the NA release dates obviously I don't play ever game like some of you do, so I can't say that I wouldn't have liked the games I did not play.

Keep in mind I like giving 9's for everything... bad habit I don't like giving above a 9.

For 2008

The World Ends With You    9.5 My favorite Game this Gen
Wipeout HD  9 My 4th Fav this Gen
Dead Space   9 My 5th Fav this Gen
FF7: Crisis Core 9
Persona 4: 8.5 (I'd say Persona 3: FES for which I'd give a 9 but it was a re-release) But Persona Deserves Mention
Valkyria Chronicles 8.5
Fallout 3: 8.5

From 1998 that I remember

Zelda: OoT  9.5
Starcraft:     9
Xenogears: 9
Metal Gear Solid: 9
Parasite Eve: 9

Hell I'd maybe Consider 2001 the best just because It's the only year I'd give 2 games 9.5's
FFX 10 My favorite game thus the only game I'll give a 10 too... until I have a new favorite then it won't be a 10
Metal Gear Solid 2 9.5
Gran Turismo 3: A-Spec 9 (I hate racing games by the way but it was really damn good)

And this year
FFXIII 9
Mass Effect 2 9
EDIT: SHIIIIIIIIIITTT I can't believe I forgot Starcraft 2 9
Lara Croft and The Guardian of LIght 8.5
Red Dead Redemption 8.5
Heavy Rain 8.5
But it could be the best. I'm Anticipating (playing) Valkyria Chronicles II, GT5 kinda, Epic Mickey, Dragon Quest IX, Fallout: New Vegas

Though I'd say I'm anticipating next year quite a bit more than I did this year. with

Deus Ex 3: Human Revolution
Dragon Age 2
Crysis 2
Dead Space 2
The Third Birthday
FF v XIII (yes it probably won't come out.)
All games who's predecessor I'd give atleast an 8.5 too.

See everyone has their own preference. A lot of the games you gave high ratings to, I wouldn't. To me Final Fantasy X was good, but nothing special, FF has gone downhill since the SNES/PS1 interations. I got bored of The world Ends With You, and put it down after about 4-5 hours of playing it, lol.  I would have given both of those games an 8.5/10 at best. Also you gave Final Fantasy X-2 a score of above 9.5, and that was mearly a fan game. However I do love Ocarina of Time, Mass Effect, and Super Mario 64 like you do.

P.S. I can see your an RPG fan, so am I. Some good recommendations, Lost Odyssey (definatly better then FFXIII), Chrono Trigger, Super Mario RPG, Chrono Cross, Golden Sun franchise, Star Ocean, Tales of Vesperia, Baten Kaitos.

What is with all the hate? Don't read GamrReview Articles. Contact me to ADD games to the Database
Vote for the March Most Wanted / February Results