By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - GTA4 trailer!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

graphics are terrible. How can you put this on the ps3?

mM
Around the Network
ckmlb said:
Trailer is up on PS store, looks much better in HD.

And yes, I do thinkg GTA needs a cover system, Gears and Uncharted have taught me that almost all games with 3rd person shooting should at least have the option of using cover.

I don't mean I want GTA to be like Gears where you move from cover to cover and advance slowly or have columns on the floor everywhere, but when there is a car or a wall, the option to stick to it would be great.

yeah a cover system would be fine,i liked it in the godfather so it would even work for this

@leo-j
the graphics arent terrible there just not as good as some other high profile graphics games,plus what did you expect GTA was never about good graphics

ckmlb said:

And yes, I do thinkg GTA needs a cover system, Gears and Uncharted have taught me that almost all games with 3rd person shooting should at least have the option of using cover.

I don't mean I want GTA to be like Gears where you move from cover to cover and advance slowly or have columns on the floor everywhere, but when there is a car or a wall, the option to stick to it would be great.

Yeah, I think that it should still be an unrealistic type of game, it's just a lack of a cover system does not really work unless the action is incredibly high paced (CoD) with a game like Uncharted, where you need to wade through enemies, then cover is vital. But I think a cover system which remains optional if you like would be great thing a certainly make the combat more challenging

ckmlb said:
GTA flopping is impossible. Also it would be bad for all of gaming if a game with that much sales revenue expected flops.

GTA should be the harbinger of mass market adoption of the HD consoles in America (or at least the first harbinger).

I'm pretty sure a lot of those 15m who brought GTA SA still haven't upgraded and many of them are likely to want this game, the question remains to whether they go 360 or PS3. 360 has the DLC, PS3 has the familiarity (and brand name in Europe) as well as the big three (maybe)

Around the Network
Munkeh111 said:
ckmlb said:

Yeah, I think that it should still be an unrealistic type of game, it's just a lack of a cover system does not really work unless the action is incredibly high paced (CoD) with a game like Uncharted, where you need to wade through enemies, then cover is vital. But I think a cover system which remains optional if you like would be great thing a certainly make the combat more challenging

I agree. After Gears, Mass Effect, GRAW, etc., third person without cover just doesn't feel right.

Or check out my new webcomic: http://selfcentent.com/

As a GTA fan I have to say blegh...

Not at the game, but at the trailer. Another couple minutes of cinematics with about 2 seconds of unrealistic ingame camera shots of cars. These trailers are getting out of hand. I would like to see some REAL game play footage.

The graphics aren't amazing, by any stretch, but is a huge leap over SA. And I love the fact that all these pro sony people (in general, not specifically here) are ragging on the wii for graphics, but were the ones talking about how great SA was.

Yes, it was a great game, and it wasn't for the graphics. etc etc etc

I am a Gauntlet Adventurer.

I strive to improve my living conditions by hoarding gold, food, and sometimes keys and potions. I love adventure, fighting, and particularly winning - especially when there's a prize at stake. I occasionally get lost inside buildings and can't find the exit. I need food badly. What Video Game Character Are You?

Mega Man 9 Challenges: 74%

Waltz Tango Jitterbug Bust a move Headbanging
Bunny Hop Mr. Trigger Happy Double Trouble Mr. Perfect Invincible
Almost Invincible No Coffee Break Air Shoes Mega Diet Encore
Peacekeeper Conservationist Farewell To Arms Gamer's Day Daily Dose
Whomp Wiley! Truly Addicted! Truly Hardcore! Conqueror Vanquisher
Destroyer World Warrior Trusty Sidearm Pack Rat Valued Customer
Shop A Holic Last Man Standing Survivor Hard Rock Heavy Metal
Speed Metal Fantastic 9 Fully Unloaded Blue Bomber Eco Fighter
Marathon Fight Quick Draw G Quick Draw C Quick Draw S Quick Draw H
Quick Draw J Quick Draw P Quick Draw T Quick Draw M Quick Draw X

^yeah i wanna see gameplay to,but rockstar is doing a good job at not spoiling it so early

spoiling it? The gameplay shouldn't be a closely kept secret, the story and goals should. That they give away with every new trailer and yet no real gameplay footage.

You can't tell an iota of how good any part of this game is going to be other than the story line, so I don't know how any one can claim this as "Game of the Year"

I am a Gauntlet Adventurer.

I strive to improve my living conditions by hoarding gold, food, and sometimes keys and potions. I love adventure, fighting, and particularly winning - especially when there's a prize at stake. I occasionally get lost inside buildings and can't find the exit. I need food badly. What Video Game Character Are You?

Mega Man 9 Challenges: 74%

Waltz Tango Jitterbug Bust a move Headbanging
Bunny Hop Mr. Trigger Happy Double Trouble Mr. Perfect Invincible
Almost Invincible No Coffee Break Air Shoes Mega Diet Encore
Peacekeeper Conservationist Farewell To Arms Gamer's Day Daily Dose
Whomp Wiley! Truly Addicted! Truly Hardcore! Conqueror Vanquisher
Destroyer World Warrior Trusty Sidearm Pack Rat Valued Customer
Shop A Holic Last Man Standing Survivor Hard Rock Heavy Metal
Speed Metal Fantastic 9 Fully Unloaded Blue Bomber Eco Fighter
Marathon Fight Quick Draw G Quick Draw C Quick Draw S Quick Draw H
Quick Draw J Quick Draw P Quick Draw T Quick Draw M Quick Draw X

I think these trailers are clearly a 'graphical showcase' they want to show off how good they've made the game look... I certainly hope that they haven't done the usual next gen 'focus on the graphics' aspect because I think that's the lowest important part of Grand Theft Auto games...

You can tell what I mean when you see the slow mo shots of cars jumping with explosions in the background.

I really REALLY want to see gameplay and hope that they have really done something special and not just kept the same tried and true formula with prettier graphics... if they can really create a living breathing city like they should be then I'm super excited about this game, I am super excited, I'm just hesitant to get TOO excited because we haven't seen much yet.

I don't have a high opinion of Rockstar as a developer, they got lucky on creating a great new formula in GTA3 but the actual coding and game wasn't overly high quality...

Cut scenes are easy to make, they're scripted - the real talent lies in how they implement the game and the living city into it.