By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - GTA4 trailer!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

a.l.e.x59 said:
Why do they call it Grand Theft Auto 4? Was there not Vice City, and San Andreas after 3? Should this not be Grand Theft Auto 6? Why go back to numbering them? Once you switch from numbering, to naming, you cannot go back to numbering. For example, Grand Theft Auto: New York City, would have made more sense.

It doesn't really have that ring to it.

Around the Network
a.l.e.x59 said:
Why do they call it Grand Theft Auto 4? Was there not Vice City, and San Andreas after 3? Should this not be Grand Theft Auto 6? Why go back to numbering them? Once you switch from numbering, to naming, you cannot go back to numbering. For example, Grand Theft Auto: New York City, would have made more sense.

GTA games have always done this. GTA 2 had the original, and London 1969.

If you dont pay attention to things, then calling it GTA 6 would make sense. Its clever I think.

Each actual number shows the jump from one generation to another.

So we should not see GTA V untill PS4, and the next xbox hit.

@ OP- this game will be pure sex in every way. Howerver I too yearn for more of a technical/dynamic walkthrough of the new features and possibilities that are available. Today I was surfing around fan sites and called the number 212-360-2368 which is the call in line for a radio station inside the GTA universe. You record a message and they may use your voice as a caller for the games radio!

Will there be internet cafe's in the game with working computers? Things like this are rumored- but I want confirmation- even if it is on the smallest of new details. 

I am curious if it will trump Halo 3 sales on day 1 

̶3̶R̶D̶   2ND! Place has never been so sweet.

honestly, the game didn't impress me that much. It looked like it's just adding all the stuff that godfather did to the GTA series. Which is cool and all... but I've already done it :-\.

a.l.e.x59 said:

GTA3, VC, SA all went throw all the levels in GTA 1. GTA4 will start the chain of all the maps in GTA2. 

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453

I was very under whelmed, To me it looked like a game possible on xbox1. I cant believe people look forward so much to it, its the same game as before, just like that was the same game before, etc etc. I mean they are just ok games, but nothing worthy of the hype,

-UBISOFT BOYCOTT!-

Around the Network

Obviously it doesn't look great compared to games like CoD4, AC, BioShock, Uncharted, etc. but anyone who thinks this could have been done last gen is delirious.

I'm glad they're being a little more serious with the GTA series, that's a good sign. They need to eliminate all the remaining "Shitzu" type nonsense, well maybe not all, Tw@ is kind of funny. Cover system is a welcome addition. I did prefer the "special someone" trailer, mainly because the music was so sweet.
And Horsez 2 will be 2008 GOTY.

We don't provide the 'easy to program for' console that they [developers] want, because 'easy to program for' means that anybody will be able to take advantage of pretty much what the hardware can do, so the question is what do you do for the rest of the nine and half years? It's a learning process. - SCEI president Kaz Hirai

It's a virus where you buy it and you play it with your friends and they're like, "Oh my God that's so cool, I'm gonna go buy it." So you stop playing it after two months, but they buy it and they stop playing it after two months but they've showed it to someone else who then go out and buy it and so on. Everyone I know bought one and nobody turns it on. - Epic Games president Mike Capps

We have a real culture of thrift. The goal that I had in bringing a lot of the packaged goods folks into Activision about 10 years ago was to take all the fun out of making video games. - Activision CEO Bobby Kotick

I am one of those (seemingly few) people who didn't like GTA3 at all. This looks much, much better though, and from what I've heard about the gameplay, there's more focus and less "go do this, go do that" in the campaign.

Looks really good to me - you guys are way too picky, don't forget this IS a sandbox game. Its going to be the best "world simulation" game ever done - and by a long shot.

Yet another reason for me to get a 360 or a PS3 - although I never liked/played/bought the previous GTA games.

I don't think the setting will attract as many people as the previous game. The whole "ghetto culture" thing resounded with the "younger" generation (8-20 yr olds) really strongly - I know several people who bought/played it purely for the cussing & "ghetto coolness".

This story seems much more mature, real to life and adult - and I think the demographic will be different. It appeals more to me though.

Gesta Non Verba

Nocturnal is helping companies get cheaper game ratings in Australia:

Game Assessment website

Wii code: 2263 4706 2910 1099

My money is on StarCraft II for GOTY - if they allow PC games to win :)

Otherwise... who knows.

Gesta Non Verba

Nocturnal is helping companies get cheaper game ratings in Australia:

Game Assessment website

Wii code: 2263 4706 2910 1099

I'm a little worried by the frame-rate, but I can't believe some of the negativity that you guys are spouting about the GTA franchise. People saying that the GTA games are all the same are utterly deluded. Or perhaps someone would like to point out where in GTA3 you can fly a jetpack into a military complex, steal a fighter plane, go dog-fighting, then parachute outside of the police station, go in and beat everyone to death with a dildo, before donning your gimp suit and heading round to one of your many girlfriends for a spot of S&M.
I honestly can't think of a single franchise that has seen so many gameplay advances within a single generation. GTA3 was a truly awesome game, but it seems so light after playing VC and SA.
I sincerely doubt that any other game mentioned in this thread will come close to GTA4 in terms of gameplay and lastability.

P.S. Why would they call it GTA: New York City when it is set in the fictional Liberty City?

P.P.S. Cover system could be good but unless they use auto-cover like Kane & Lynch it will also use up a button. I really hope it doesn't end up like Gears where you have a single button for run, jump and cover as that can be incredibly frustrating when the action heats up.

P.P.P.S. They definitely need to keep stuff like "Shitzu" and "Tw@" as the GTA games are the only games that are genuinely funny.