By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Will Kinect Adventures pre-orders hit 1 million in Americas a lone?

1 million?, i dont really see that happening.. if a million is even remotely possible it would be like  halo reach in preorders by now lol.. i say about 300k max

Around the Network
TauKappaNASA said:
zgamer5 said:
Mr Puggsly said:
zgamer5 said:
Mr Puggsly said:
BenVTrigger said:
ioi said:

No

Whats your estimate?  Is 500,000 possible?

Personally I don't see that happening more along the lines of 225k but just curious if 500k is even possible.

It'll definitely hit 500k. 225K is very low considering how fast its rising already.

why not? gears is a huge franchise especially in the us, if it cant reach 1 million pre orders their, how is kinect a casual device going to reach 1 million pre orders.

Completely different game, appealed to a different audience, it came out years ago, it just different.

Gears 3 is likely to get a million pre-orders. Even bearing in mind the Gears 2 didn't.

i know that gears 3 is likely going to hit a million pre orders. but the think is the 360 doesnt have a casual audience! especially in the us

Kung Fu Panda at 16 on the all time 360 charts w 3 Mil sold (2.11 in the US)

Sonic Superstars Tennis 20th on the chart with 2.91 Mil sold (1.95 in the US)

Lego Indian Jones (Not sure if this is casual) 14th w 3.55 mil sold (2.41 in the US)

there is a market for at least 3 million casual 360 gamers (around 2 mil in the US)

all of those are from bundles, i bet they didnt even reach 500k retail sales.

Being in 3rd place never felt so good

No, not in Americas Pre-Orders alone. In Worldwide pre-orders I think it will because Kinect will probably see at least 30% of its sales in EMEAA and Japan, maybe even 40% of its sales.

I beleive this because games like Black Ops, Halo Reach, and Modern Warfare 2 has Pre-orders of 500k with 10 weeks left and increased 70k per week. Okay those games are getting much closer to 2 million Pre-orders, but still.

I see Kinect selling very well, over a million consoles in each Americas and EMEAA region on week 1 alone. However I don't think it will pick up pre-orders. This is a game primarily for casual gamers, just like how Wii Party will sell over 10 million, but at best get 100k pre-orders. I think the same for Kinect, high sales, but low pre-orders. Not that a total of 1 million worldwide pre-orders isn't much.

What is with all the hate? Don't read GamrReview Articles. Contact me to ADD games to the Database
Vote for the March Most Wanted / February Results

zgamer5 said:
TauKappaNASA said:
zgamer5 said:
Mr Puggsly said:
zgamer5 said:
Mr Puggsly said:
BenVTrigger said:
ioi said:

No

Whats your estimate?  Is 500,000 possible?

Personally I don't see that happening more along the lines of 225k but just curious if 500k is even possible.

It'll definitely hit 500k. 225K is very low considering how fast its rising already.

why not? gears is a huge franchise especially in the us, if it cant reach 1 million pre orders their, how is kinect a casual device going to reach 1 million pre orders.

Completely different game, appealed to a different audience, it came out years ago, it just different.

Gears 3 is likely to get a million pre-orders. Even bearing in mind the Gears 2 didn't.

i know that gears 3 is likely going to hit a million pre orders. but the think is the 360 doesnt have a casual audience! especially in the us

Kung Fu Panda at 16 on the all time 360 charts w 3 Mil sold (2.11 in the US)

Sonic Superstars Tennis 20th on the chart with 2.91 Mil sold (1.95 in the US)

Lego Indian Jones (Not sure if this is casual) 14th w 3.55 mil sold (2.41 in the US)

there is a market for at least 3 million casual 360 gamers (around 2 mil in the US)

all of those are from bundles, i bet they didnt even reach 500k retail sales.

Sonic Superstars tennis was bundled? I missed that one... However there are a lot of million selling casual games on 360 like Guitar Hero, Rock Band, Need for Speed, Dead Rising, Lego Star Wars, Viva Pinata, Midnight Club, PRG, The Simspons game, etc.

It also depends on what you define as casual, as I bet many CoD, Halo, and assassin's Creed sales are to casual gamers (I mean look at the huge sales jump Modern Warfare did to the franchise, and Call of Duty 2 was a better game then World at War.

What is with all the hate? Don't read GamrReview Articles. Contact me to ADD games to the Database

Michael-5 said:

No, not in Americas Pre-Orders alone. In Worldwide pre-orders I think it will because Kinect will probably see at least 30% of its sales in EMEAA and Japan, maybe even 40% of its sales.

I beleive this because games like Black Ops, Halo Reach, and Modern Warfare 2 has Pre-orders of 500k with 10 weeks left and increased 70k per week. Okay those games are getting much closer to 2 million Pre-orders, but still.

I see Kinect selling very well, over a million consoles in each Americas and EMEAA region on week 1 alone. However I don't think it will pick up pre-orders. This is a game primarily for casual gamers, just like how Wii Party will sell over 10 million, but at best get 100k pre-orders. I think the same for Kinect, high sales, but low pre-orders. Not that a total of 1 million worldwide pre-orders isn't much.

I'm not even sure if it happened for any console or console addons. Usually the supply for launch is limited. Even if there is crazy demand for Kinect, it's unlikely to happen.

MikeB predicts that the PS3 will sell about 140 million units by the end of 2016 and triple the amount of 360s in the long run.

Around the Network
saicho said:
Michael-5 said:

I'm not even sure if it happened for any console or console addons. Usually the supply for launch is limited. Even if there is crazy demand for Kinect, it's unlikely to happen.

Well MS is planning to sell 5 mill by jan, so....

Jadedx said:
saicho said:
Michael-5 said:

Well MS is planning to sell 5 mill by jan, so....

it doesn't mean it won't have supply issue for launch. 5 mil by Jan doesn't mean it has to have a 2mil week 1. December is always the best selling month of the year for video game industry.

MikeB predicts that the PS3 will sell about 140 million units by the end of 2016 and triple the amount of 360s in the long run.

saicho said:
Michael-5 said:

Generally console on console add ons are failures alltogether (Sega CD, 32X, Nintendo Disk Drive, etc), however the Kinect is different. It doesn't do what the 360 does, but better (like past add ons), it does something new, innovative.

Also Wii Fit sold 1.6 million units in week one, and it didn't run out of supply, and it kept selling above 250k for the 20 first weeks VGChartz has it recorded (I could look week by week, but meehhhh). Kinect isn't expensive to produce, it's made in the same chinese factory as the Iphone is (so it will be terribly unreliable). It's possible to make millions of Kinects so long as the demand is there, and I feel the demand will be there.

Michael-5 said:

Generally console on console add ons are failures alltogether (Sega CD, 32X, Nintendo Disk Drive, etc), however the Kinect is different. It doesn't do what the 360 does, but better (like past add ons), it does something new, innovative.

Also Wii Fit sold 1.6 million units in week one, and it didn't run out of supply, and it kept selling above 250k for the 20 first weeks VGChartz has it recorded (I could look week by week, but meehhhh). Kinect isn't expensive to produce, it's made in the same chinese factory as the Iphone is (so it will be terribly unreliable). It's possible to make millions of Kinects so long as the demand is there, and I feel the demand will be there.

The Wii Balance Board sold to a casual audience on console with the largest casual audience base in video game history.  Not really a good parallel to draw upon.

New and innovative doesn't equate to automatic success either.  I can list plenty that failed.  While Eye Toy eventualy sold 10.5 million units, that's less than 8% of the install base of the console.  If Kinect gets the same success, that's just 3-4 million units lifetime.

That production facility is the same one that produces the X360, the PS3 and the Wii.  It's Foxconn's Shenzhen facility.  So reliability isn't so much a factor as the production facility but of the production design.

The rEVOLution is not being televised

Hell no lol

3DS Friend Code:   4596-9822-6909