By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Will Kinect Adventures pre-orders hit 1 million in Americas a lone?

No, thats just ridiculous.

Around the Network

Probably, but I thinking it is not as god as it should be for a "revolutionary" product. Moreover the "loved" Dance Central isn't in the pre-orders chart while the "hated" Just Dance 2 is already there. In my opinion Microsoft still have to develop the "killer" game for Kinect, something simple but different from everything released before, a true revolutionary game like the "simple" Wii Sports was.  

zgamer5 said:
Mr Puggsly said:
zgamer5 said:
Mr Puggsly said:
BenVTrigger said:
ioi said:

No

Whats your estimate?  Is 500,000 possible?

Personally I don't see that happening more along the lines of 225k but just curious if 500k is even possible.

It'll definitely hit 500k. 225K is very low considering how fast its rising already.

why not? gears is a huge franchise especially in the us, if it cant reach 1 million pre orders their, how is kinect a casual device going to reach 1 million pre orders.

Completely different game, appealed to a different audience, it came out years ago, it just different.

Gears 3 is likely to get a million pre-orders. Even bearing in mind the Gears 2 didn't.

i know that gears 3 is likely going to hit a million pre orders. but the think is the 360 doesnt have a casual audience! especially in the us

Kung Fu Panda at 16 on the all time 360 charts w 3 Mil sold (2.11 in the US)

Sonic Superstars Tennis 20th on the chart with 2.91 Mil sold (1.95 in the US)

Lego Indian Jones (Not sure if this is casual) 14th w 3.55 mil sold (2.41 in the US)

there is a market for at least 3 million casual 360 gamers (around 2 mil in the US)

Hide your kids, hide your wife

TauKappaNASA said:
zgamer5 said:
Mr Puggsly said:
zgamer5 said:
Mr Puggsly said:
BenVTrigger said:
ioi said:

No

Whats your estimate?  Is 500,000 possible?

Personally I don't see that happening more along the lines of 225k but just curious if 500k is even possible.

It'll definitely hit 500k. 225K is very low considering how fast its rising already.

why not? gears is a huge franchise especially in the us, if it cant reach 1 million pre orders their, how is kinect a casual device going to reach 1 million pre orders.

Completely different game, appealed to a different audience, it came out years ago, it just different.

Gears 3 is likely to get a million pre-orders. Even bearing in mind the Gears 2 didn't.

i know that gears 3 is likely going to hit a million pre orders. but the think is the 360 doesnt have a casual audience! especially in the us

Kung Fu Panda at 16 on the all time 360 charts w 3 Mil sold (2.11 in the US)

Sonic Superstars Tennis 20th on the chart with 2.91 Mil sold (1.95 in the US)

Lego Indian Jones (Not sure if this is casual) 14th w 3.55 mil sold (2.41 in the US)

there is a market for at least 3 million casual 360 gamers (around 2 mil in the US)

Lol, all three of those titles were part of a bundle with the Arcade and Eite SKU's over the holiday 2008 season.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Xbox_360

Go look at the initial sales of those titles and you'll see a huge difference between actual purchases and the bundled units.

The rEVOLution is not being televised

Viper1 said:

Lol, all three of those titles were part of a bundle with the Arcade and Eite SKU's over the holiday 2008 season.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Xbox_360

Go look at the initial sales of those titles and you'll see a huge difference between actual purchases and the bundled units.

Haha, good to hear. I've been wondering how Kung Fu Panda has sold so many. Thanks for the info

Hide your kids, hide your wife

Around the Network

I'm thinking the 500,000 mark. But even that could change when Microsoft goes into full on Kinect Marketing. If they actually advertise it really well, like I assume they will, then yeah. Maybe it will get a million pre-orders.

Slimebeast said:
Mr Puggsly said:

I believe Kinect Adventures will be included with every Kinect and Console Kinect Bundle. The pre-orders are already at 100K with 10 weeks away.

1 million pre-orders seems very possible in America a lone. Do you guys think it will happen?

Did you borrow this prediction from Legend11?

No, I'm the one that thinks Dance Central is the next Guitar Hero,,,

Kinect Adventure pre-orders. The title implies that's the standalone game, so I'll say NO.

And aslo, the bundle...err NO.

Nah.

Who's the best Pac, Nas, and Big. Just leave it to that.

PLAYSTATION®3 is the future.....NOW.......B_E_L_I_E_V_E

Slaughterhouse Is The Sh*t  .... NOW ........ B_E_L_I_E_V_E

Legend11 said:
Slimebeast said:
Mr Puggsly said:

I believe Kinect Adventures will be included with every Kinect and Console Kinect Bundle. The pre-orders are already at 100K with 10 weeks away.

1 million pre-orders seems very possible in America a lone. Do you guys think it will happen?

Did you borrow this prediction from Legend11?

No, I'm the one that thinks Dance Central is the next Guitar Hero,,,

Haha.

I like your optimism!