By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Is VGChartz, by nature, a volatile community?

Woaaaaah... Yeah maybe some people can freak out about things and such but I'm happy to be here... I mean it's one of the best forum me thinks. Just go check out FFShrine and you'll see what I mean. So I don't complain I enjoy this place and I even like the (annoying) fanboys!

Around the Network

That was actually a very good post. Sounds like you've put a lot of thought and effort into it. Don't expect people to feel like they're being adressed however, most users are very adament in their beliefs.
I am too, but I react if someone makes outrageous claims or uses arguments such as "you're so ignorant" or "frickin fanboy", this is usually when I back out... Luckily, there are very few of these kind of users in here!

Mummelmann said:
That was actually a very good post. Sounds like you've put a lot of thought and effort into it. Don't expect people to feel like they're being adressed however, most users are very adament in their beliefs.
I am too, but I react if someone makes outrageous claims or uses arguments such as "you're so ignorant" or "frickin fanboy", this is usually when I back out... Luckily, there are very few of these kind of users in here!

It wasn't actually mean to address anyone. I was just taking a look at it and seeing if I could draw an analogy. Or is it Simile? Anyway, while there were specific posts that I got my examples from, this wasn't really to go out to anyone as much as just be a look into the thought process of where these problems come from.

Basically it boils down to the fact that there aren't any clearly defined rules for who wins and who loses, which we can't really do anything about that, and the fact that there is a basic human urge to succeed in any perceived competition, which is just something we kinda have to accept and roll with.

Seppukuties is like LBP Lite, on crack. Play it already!

Currently wrapped up in: Half Life, Portal, and User Created Source Mods
Games I want: (Wii)Mario Kart, Okami, Bully, Conduit,  No More Heroes 2 (GC) Eternal Darkness, Killer7, (PS2) Ico, God of War1&2, Legacy of Kain: SR2&Defiance

My Prediction: Wii will be achieve 48% market share by the end of 2008, and will achieve 50% by the end of june of 09. Prediction Failed.

<- Click to see more of her

We're all 8-year olds?

I'm incredibly insulted. We're way more mature on this forum than that.

Like, at least 12-year olds.

BTW I don't play paintball but I own at lasertag. ;)

"The worst part about these reviews is they are [subjective]--and their scores often depend on how drunk you got the media at a Street Fighter event."  — Mona Hamilton, Capcom Senior VP of Marketing
*Image indefinitely borrowed from BrainBoxLtd without his consent.

Oh come on, did you need that long of an analysis?

"It's on the internet."

Around the Network

oh come on diomedes X360 isn't overtracked!

oh damn...wrong thread

Neos - "If I'm posting in this thread it's just for the lulz."
Tag by the one and only Fkusumot!

Words Of Wisdom said:
Welcome to the red-headed stepchild of Video Games, Market Analysis, and Sports Fandom. 

Or, Welcome to the Internet, as I like to say it. To save time I'd recommend everyone cut and paste my sig into thiers. =P 

You have summed up perfectly the world of videogaming/internet forums.
The reason videogames are not seen as an important medium akin to film, literature or even TV is because videogames reach into people and pull out their competitiveness; the child within as it were. There is little reason for one person to berate another because he has a different taste in films, but because videogames are so often based around achieving goals and defeating opponents the competitive spirit needed to do that comes out and hovers over all things game related.
People play to win, and the desire to win spills over from being just one game to being about your favourite console and genre.

Anytime you get a group of people together to discuss opinion you're going to have flare ups. That and some people just love to fan the flames. It's the same on every forum I've seen. It might be calmer in a place where everyone shares the same opinion, but then what would there be to talk about?

I know you believe you understand what you think I said but I don't think you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.

TWRoO said:
You have summed up perfectly the world of videogaming/internet forums.
The reason videogames are not seen as an important medium akin to film, literature or even TV is because videogames reach into people and pull out their competitiveness; the child within as it were. There is little reason for one person to berate another because he has a different taste in films, but because videogames are so often based around achieving goals and defeating opponents the competitive spirit needed to do that comes out and hovers over all things game related.
People play to win, and the desire to win spills over from being just one game to being about your favourite console and genre.

Apparently you've never sat between a Friday the 13th fan and a Nightmare on Elm St. fan.  Or Disney vs. Warner Bros. or...

I know you believe you understand what you think I said but I don't think you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.