By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Gamespot Best Villains Poll - SEPHIROTH Is LOSING to General RAAM

Gamespot Best Villains Poll - SEPHIROTH Is LOSING to General RAAM

Good he is losing, sephir... 111 42.21%

NOOO SEPHIROTH FTW. General RAAM FTL! 98 37.26%

Geow > FF7........nuff said 24 9.13%

Dogs > FF7 > Geow 30 11.41%

Total:263
--OkeyDokey-- said:
Spedfrom said:
--OkeyDokey-- said:

Spedfrom said:

Actually, I'm strong minded enough to not follow wherever the masses go. My own preferences prevail and they don't lie solely with JRPGs. They do not, however, lie with pew-pew-pew-o'matic.

Cool!

*puts beer on coaster/FFXIII disc and clicks the Bad Company 2 shortcut*

I'll blame alcohol for your childish attitude.

Does that come naturally to you? I'd say it certainly looks so.

Around the Network
MrT-Tar said:
BenVTrigger said:
Spedfrom said:
--OkeyDokey-- said:
Spedfrom said:

This only serves to underlign the shift in focus gaming has suffered. JRPGs and japanese games gave way to shooter-o-rama and a FPS focus. And along with it, people's imaginaries and revered heroes have changed accordingly.

Yes, I'm disgusted with this generation's focus. I've said it before and will keep saying it.

Shooters >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> JRPGs this gen. Consumers and critics agree! Stay living in 1998.

Actually, I'm strong minded enough to not follow wherever the masses go. My own preferences prevail and they don't lie solely with JRPGs. They do not, however, lie with pew-pew-pew-o'matic.

You mad?

but on a serious note, JRPG's haven't evolved at all this gen.  The genre has become stagnant and stale.  Lost Odyssey was fantastic and I somewhat enjoyed FFXIII but at the same time was crushed because I was expecting so much more from it.  It's one thing to say "Hey I don't like shooters" but what you are posting just sounds like a shooter hater.  Also the argument " I'm strong minded enough not to follow the masses" just makes you sound elitist.....

If you're saying that I'm guessing you haven't played TWEWY

I was mostly referring to console games not handhelds.  

Portable have had far more success with JRPG's this gen.  But yes even TWEWY still has many of the same traits that have bothered me with JRPG's now.  Spikey haired male protagonist, overtly stylish, etc.  

I just think that the entire genre will die out more and more until some major changes happen.  Even the Japanese developers themselves agree with this, its everywhere all over the internet.  

Ocelot is losing to Team Rocket? WTF kind of morons are voting in these polls >.<

Team Rocket blast off at the speed of light! Surrender now or prepare to fight!

--OkeyDokey-- said:

Team Rocket blast off at the speed of light! Surrender now or prepare to fight!

this episode is so wrong in so many ways..........

Around the Network
Wagram said:

Ocelot is losing to Team Rocket? WTF kind of morons are voting in these polls >.<

4chan

MaxwellGT2000 said:
--OkeyDokey-- said:
Spedfrom said:

This only serves to underlign the shift in focus gaming has suffered. JRPGs and japanese games gave way to shooter-o-rama and a FPS focus. And along with it, people's imaginaries and revered heroes have changed accordingly.

Yes, I'm disgusted with this generation's focus. I've said it before and will keep saying it.

Shooters >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> JRPGs this gen. Consumers and critics agree! Stay living in 1998.

OkeyD you make me laugh with your honest truth sadly FPS games just are better than... well all console JRPGs this gen with the only exception being maybe Lost Odyssey, last gen was the transition, people started to figure out how to put an FPS on a console without it sucking hardcore cause of the controls, and JRPGs just started to suck on the tit of FFVII filling all of them with femboys and stupid needlessly spiky hair.

When a game sells so well, and is widely regarded to be the best in the series of the biggest JRPG franchise... It gets copied

And now we're even getting the "Modern Warfare" copies

i voted for Sephiroth ^_^

not that big of a deal imo, the real battle comes on the 2nd...Ganondorf>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Ares(imo)

im still on the fence about Mother Brain vs. Albert Wesker

this thread turned into a fight on whos the better bad guy out there. kids do this with Superman vs Spiderman, how mature are we!

I live for the burn...and the sting of pleasure...
I live for the sword, the steel, and the gun...

- Wasteland - The Mission.

Team Rocket > Ocelot.

Dunno what you people are whinning about.