By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Is it just me or is the 360 low on exclusives in 2011 vs the PS3?

epicberserk said:

well we know so far  codename kingdoms crytek 360 exclusive co developed titled by cretek and micosoft , their kinect forza aka forza 4 , possibly milo , gears of war 3,and rumored fall 2011 exclsuive is perfect dark zero2

well we are just considering what we know not rumors and such...so that would exclude PDZ2 and the tech demo which sometimes rumored to be a release Milo (Seriously I have seen so many news articles on how they change their stance on this it's crazy)

Kingdoms for all we know might not get released until 2012. They had almost nothing to show for the game this year so far. But yea it's a possibility just like how Agent is a possibility.

And also xcom is console exclusive to xbox right? I think that might come next year

In-Kat-We-Trust Brigade!

"This world is Merciless, and it's also very beautiful"

For All News/Info related to the PlayStation Vita, Come and join us in the Official PSV Thread!

Around the Network
880user088 said:

360 also have an exclusive game made by crytik, I think its name is "kingdoms"

Yeah, but that is TBA

Rpruett said:

It seems like that's the case almost every year (Although 360 usually has 2 or 3 games to list).   I'm sure the 360 will pickup some games as the year goes on so I wouldn't be worried just yet.

....But this is something that I have felt for several years now will really cripple the 360.  They just don't have enough first party studio's. I've felt for this entire generation they are relying primarily on

(Gears sequel/Halo IP game/ Forza sequel / Fable / Third Party Exclusive). 

This lack of first party studios becomes even more astounding when you think about the Kinect.  They better pray that Kinect garners a ton of third party support, otherwise they are going to have a hard time pushing a concept that's never really been done before and proving that it works and works well.

What happens when what happened to Sony (Losing almost all third party exclusivity) happens to Microsoft?   I mean we're already seeing Bioshock/Mass Effect/Portal/etc big time games jump ship over to Sony.   I think Sony will clearly out produce MS in this regard because they have the ability to pump out several IPs per year with their sheer amount of First Party.

I guess to sum it up,  MS is notorious a 'last minute' surprise type of company (Especially this early in the year)  where as Sony announces their games  5 years before they hit the market (See GT5 :P)....So there is some time for MS to announce a beefier lineup, but overall I think we will start to see this more and more and tilt in favor of the PS3.  (Especially if we've seen the last Halo / Gears ) this generation.

My sentiments exactly, but it is looking like MS is banking too much on casuals with Kinect to care.

CDiablo said:

Keep in mind PS announces their exclusive games like 2 years in advance, while MS announces games closer to their release. MS needs more first/second parties making games for them as PS is doing. WTF is RARE up to these days?

Rare is finished in my eyes. MS has reduced Rare to creating bullshit kinect games for casuals instead of the "rare" titles which had their own feel and style.

themanwithnoname said:

Microsoft rarely announces anything early anymore. And don't we ask this question every year?

Nope. This is my first time actually. 

Around the Network
xKakashi209x said:

Didn't they announce that Resistance is going to come out 2011?

I'll try to find the source.

Yeah, I listed that.

M.U.G.E.N said:
themanwithnoname said:
M.U.G.E.N said:
Rpruett said:

It seems like that's the case almost every year (Although 360 usually has 2 or 3 games to list).   I'm sure the 360 will pickup some games as the year goes on so I wouldn't be worried just yet.

....But this is something that I have felt for several years now will really cripple the 360.  They just don't have enough first party studio's. I've felt for this entire generation they are relying primarily on

This lack of first party studios becomes even more astounding when you think about the Kinect.  They better pray that Kinect garners a ton of third party support, otherwise they are going to have a hard time pushing a concept that's never really been done before and proving that it works and works well.

What happens when what happened to Sony (Losing almost all third party exclusivity) happens to Microsoft?   I mean we're already seeing Bioshock/Mass Effect/Portal/etc big time games jump ship over to Sony.   I think Sony will clearly out produce MS in this regard because they have the ability to pump out several IPs per year with their sheer amount of First Party.

I guess to sum it up,  MS is notorious a 'last minute' surprise type of company (Especially this early in the year)  where as Sony announces their games  5 years before they hit the market (See GT5 :P)....So there is some time for MS to announce a beefier lineup, but overall I think we will start to see this more and more and tilt in favor of the PS3.  (Especially if we've seen the last Halo / Gears ) this generation.

heheheheheh yea yea so true man...like Alan wake which was done in 3 months....oh no wait

anywho yea its true..by this time last year we knew of Reach didn't we? and Fable? Splinter cell? Crackdown2? I know MS fans would like to this MS is huge on surprised but E3 is done...GC is done...and we do not know more than 2 games that's for next year....also it's not like Sony doesn't keep surprises either...LBP2 was announced and such this year and they have a huge line up of possible exclusives that can be announced at next E3 too..like UC3

so yeah imho it's not looking too good for 360 fans.....even some of my most hardcore 360 fans are annoyed by this

oh and btw...you missed Forza Kinect..

Alan Wake was announced by Remedy, not Microsoft. I do find it funny, however, that most of the people worrying about exclusives the 360 has every year, are mainly in the PS3 camp. I, on the other hand, don't give a flying fig about whether games are exclusive or not. I'll enjoy Gears of War 3 and all the great third party stuff the 360 gets next year like Dragon Age II, Rage, and Mortal Kombat.

yep cuz obviously the people making threads about how MS should listen to them and buy 1st party studios or how they feel MS is dropping the ball by focusing too much on kinect etc are ps3 fans right? :P yea sure, it really is funny

and yea PS3 will also enjoy many many...or rather almost all the good 3rd party exclusives but with also added bonuses like DS:extraction or Portal 2 with Steamworks added to them ;)

as for AW, who cares who announced it...it's an exclusive for the MS

Yes, I noticed the exclusives for PS3 like extras in Red Dead Redemption. This is an interesting post which has got me thinking about the third party response to Sony's growing group of active user base. This is usually the incentive coupled with Sony being on top of their game.

themanwithnoname said:
Attoyou said:
themanwithnoname said:
M.U.G.E.N said:
Rpruett said:

heheheheheh yea yea so true man...like Alan wake which was done in 3 months....oh no wait

anywho yea its true..by this time last year we knew of Reach didn't we? and Fable? Splinter cell? Crackdown2? I know MS fans would like to this MS is huge on surprised but E3 is done...GC is done...and we do not know more than 2 games that's for next year....also it's not like Sony doesn't keep surprises either...LBP2 was announced and such this year and they have a huge line up of possible exclusives that can be announced at next E3 too..like UC3

so yeah imho it's not looking too good for 360 fans.....even some of my most hardcore 360 fans are annoyed by this

oh and btw...you missed Forza Kinect..

Alan Wake was announced by Remedy, not Microsoft. I do find it funny, however, that most of the people worrying about exclusives the 360 has every year, are mainly in the PS3 camp. I, on the other hand, don't give a flying fig about whether games are exclusive or not. I'll enjoy Gears of War 3 and all the great third party stuff the 360 gets next year like Dragon Age II, Rage, and Mortal Kombat.

Most? where do you get this from?  a lot of them are 360 owners too...

Thats not "worry" from the ps3 camp.

Most of them are people that prefer the PS3. Like people that only play exclusive titles on the 360 or don't even have one? That doesn't stop the fact that the X360 has a nice lineup next year, just because they're almost all third party games.

Um....I own both systems, so I could care less whether Sony or Microsoft are off their game. Having both systems gives me full reliability from year to year. I think a PS3-only owner would be happy or indifferent rather than worried that Microsoft has few games.

S.T.A.G.E. said:

Most of them are people that prefer the PS3. Like people that only play exclusive titles on the 360 or don't even have one? That doesn't stop the fact that the X360 has a nice lineup next year, just because they're almost all third party games.

Um....I own both systems, so I could care less whether Sony or Microsoft are off their game. Having both systems gives me full reliability from year to year. I think a PS3-only owner would be happy or indifferent rather than worried that Microsoft has few games.

how many posts did you do in a row? stop it. we should get the person who invented a double post to come and give to what you just did a name.

Being in 3rd place never felt so good

zgamer5 said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:

how many posts did you do in a row? stop it. we should get the person who invented a double post to come and give to what you just did a name.

As the host of this post ( lol that rhymed), I reserve the right to respond to all I see fit. I am the one who was concerned, which is why I posted and wanted responses from everyone on the situation.